Texas to help pay for wall??????? - Page 8 - Graybeard Outdoors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:41 AM
Moderator
 
Argent11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20,107
Default

I saw a bad storm hit the pan handle so fast and cold that the birds were frozen solid on the wire.
I've been to the Arctic.
And I would have to say the old cowboy saying about the barbed wire fence is true.
Argent11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE New Mexico
Posts: 5,035
Default

Poor ol' Texas with all those people on welfare. I feel sorry for them.


Now let's put some things in perspective. According to the US Census Bureau Texas has one of the lowest welfare rates per capita of any state in the nation at 1.8%. Over west where this displaced Texan lives we come in at 4.2%. How is the great state of Michigan doing. They have a per capita rate of ONLY 15%. Yes, that's right 1 5, no period in between, % per capita rate. Personally I feel for Lloyd having to pay taxes to support this. I just wish he wouldn't poor poor mouth Texas for having a lot of people on welfare when his pot is a lot blacker than their kettle. He shouldn't belittle a place that it's plain to see he knows little about.
oldandslow is offline  
post #73 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:22 AM
dcw
Senior Member
 
dcw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: socal between temecula and palm springs
Posts: 1,672
Default whether, or not, some like it

we DO have an ILLEGAL immigration problem.

a "wall" will definitely aid in curbing the problem. and it (border security) IS a federal mandate.

"sanctuary states/cities" have unwittingly (?) advocated the break down of law and order. you, and i, as citizens of America, have a duty to obey law albeit local, state or federal, if we choose to ignore law and are caught, we are penalized are we not? why then, are illegal immigrants allowed "Sanctuary" even when some of them are known criminals?

lead, follow, or get out of the way!
dcw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #74 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Moderator
 
Argent11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw View Post
we DO have an ILLEGAL immigration problem.

a "wall" will definitely aid in curbing the problem. and it (border security) IS a federal mandate.

"sanctuary states/cities" have unwittingly (?) advocated the break down of law and order. you, and i, as citizens of America, have a duty to obey law albeit local, state or federal, if we choose to ignore law and are caught, we are penalized are we not? why then, are illegal immigrants allowed "Sanctuary" even when some of them are known criminals?
Simple, rigged elections and Democrat votes.
Argent11 is offline  
post #75 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
ironglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: rural southwestern N.Y. State
Posts: 39,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I lived north of Amarillo (Dumas) for 11 years. We had for three weeks one time where it stayed below 0, and it was dry with wind. Miserable weather.
But that really wasnt Lloyd's point. His point was to insult. He failed, but that was his attempt.
..And that barb wire fence doesn't stop those howling northern winds and snow very well.. Some folks just don't grasp the size of Texas..

Yes Alaska is bigger, but the difference between the rugged panhandle blizzard weather and the Palm trees of San Antonio..to the rock hewn Big Bend country and the gator filled bayous of east Texas...makes for quite a contrast.

...And that , not to mention the "staked plains" of eastern NM and north west Texas...plains so vast, the Indians had to drive stakes at intervals in certain areas, so they could find their way across.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
.

Last edited by ironglow; 02-18-2019 at 11:13 AM.
ironglow is offline  
post #76 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:24 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,070
Default

but I don't brag on my state and aren't asking all of America to build me a wall. I live in Michigan. It just happens to be what part of America this AMERICAN lives. I don't hold no holy allegiance to it or even fly a Michigan flag from my flag pole. Like you the only reason im here and not somewhere else is this is where my parents happened to have sex. Not one bit of difference in the dna of a Texan compared to a Californian or an New Yorker. God didn't make you smarter stronger and sure doesn't give points for it at the pearly gates. My kettle black? You bet it is. Big diffence is I admit it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
Poor ol' Texas with all those people on welfare. I feel sorry for them.


Now let's put some things in perspective. According to the US Census Bureau Texas has one of the lowest welfare rates per capita of any state in the nation at 1.8%. Over west where this displaced Texan lives we come in at 4.2%. How is the great state of Michigan doing. They have a per capita rate of ONLY 15%. Yes, that's right 1 5, no period in between, % per capita rate. Personally I feel for Lloyd having to pay taxes to support this. I just wish he wouldn't poor poor mouth Texas for having a lot of people on welfare when his pot is a lot blacker than their kettle. He shouldn't belittle a place that it's plain to see he knows little about.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
lloyd smale is offline  
post #77 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:32 AM
Senior Member
 
goodshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,727
Default

I recall reading of a family from Scotland who arrived at New York calling the hotel in Colorado and expressing they would be unable to fulfill their reservation for that night, the second nights call to the hotel was the same message with the addendum, " we believe we have seriously underestimated the size of America".
G-d has given us a large beautiful land to steward, we best not let Him down.
best wishes

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
goodshot is offline  
post #78 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Lt. Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Middle America
Posts: 2,656
Default

Too much lead in the water up in _ichigan.

Sad, very sad.


All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
Lt. Dave is offline  
post #79 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:42 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Seriously lloyd, in you posts such as your last one, you bring into play anything you think might insult the person
Drugs? Lack of? Alcohol?🤔
nope Dee just the idiots that attack me. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe its time you crawled back in the hole you were in for the last year. sure didn't take you long to come back and start swinging. Stir the pot. Seems I remember someone who is no longer a moderator because thats ALL he did. That and he tried to control what others posted with intimidation. Well sorry there tex, you don't intimidate me one single bit. Never did and NEVER will. the whole bunch of you are comical. think you can badmouth anyone call them names call them liberals call them any thing you care to. But wow be if someone says something bad about you in return. Like a bunch of little kids fighting on the playground. With the exception of ironglow I don't think a single one of you even served this country. Wonder how proud those Alamo men that gave there life would be of you. If you did feel an OBLIGATION to this country and did serve I give you my heart felt apology. The wall? Well that's about a non issue anyway because its pretty obvious it aint getting built tomorrow.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 02-18-2019 at 11:54 AM.
lloyd smale is offline  
post #80 of 319 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
nope Dee just the idiots that attack me. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe its time you crawled back in the hole you were in for the last year. sure didn't take you long to come back and start swinging. Stir the pot. Seems I remember someone who is no longer a moderator because thats ALL he did. That and he tried to control what others posted with intimidation. Well sorry there tex, you don't intimidate me one single bit. Never did and NEVER will. the whole bunch of you are comical. think you can badmouth anyone call them names call them liberals call them any thing you care to. But wow be if someone says something bad about you in return. Like a bunch of little kids fighting on the playground. With the exception of ironglow I don't think a single one of you even served this country. Wonder how proud those Alamo men that gave there life would be of you. If you did feel an OBLIGATION to this country and did serve I give you my heart felt apology.
Lloyd I accept your apology. I served proudly from 1970 until 1978. United States Army. And I wasn't born in Texas. I guess as you say my parents had sex in Arizona. But moved to this great state 13 years ago. And have enjoyed every minute of it. Oh and never did call you an idiot Lloyd, sure glad you don't either. But seems you never read what you write so you can't be sure of what you are saying or for that fact if it makes a bit of sense at all. Yep you're a man of deep convictions. After your little tirade above I can't believe I was chastised for calling you a muscle head. I actually thought that was a compliment to your way of thinking, guess not.

Last edited by purebred; 02-18-2019 at 03:49 PM.
purebred is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome