Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues Discussion (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion.html)
-   -   Texas to help pay for wall??????? (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion/390760-texas-help-pay-wall.html)

purebred 02-13-2019 08:13 AM

Texas to help pay for wall???????

Now two of our illustrious leaders are proposing the tax paying people of Texas pay for part of of the wall. What a bunch of BS.

Dee 02-13-2019 08:22 AM

Which two?

littlecanoe 02-13-2019 08:22 AM

Maybe the idea is to lead by example and put pressure on the Feds?

purebred 02-13-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055846248)
Which two?

It didn't say on fox this morning. Just two lawmakers suggests Texas help pay for it. Two republicans. suggest Texas use the rainy day fund for it. Rep Brisco Cain and Kyle Biederman both state republicans.

purebred 02-13-2019 08:33 AM

27 Attachment(s)
Now I'm hearing Trump will sign the bill. getting less than before. I't don't sound good.

Dee 02-13-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purebred (Post 2055846252)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055846248)
Which two?

It didn't say on fox this morning. Just two lawmakers suggests Texas help pay for it. Two republicans. suggest Texas use the rainy day fund for it. Rep Brisco Cain and Kyle Biederman both state republicans.

I have a better, but sadly, already thought of idea. Why not have ALL AMERICANS pay for the protection of their country?😡

lloyd smale 02-13-2019 09:08 AM

are there still Texans in Texas?? Im with dee in that I think its everyones responsibility and I should pay my share. But I wonder what the attitude south of the mason Dixon line would be if they got taxed to build a wall to keep Canadians out. My guess is they say something like those yankees can shove it up there ___ and take care of there own problem. We don't have a Mexican problem we have a muslim problem and I don't see a whole lot of tax dollars going to stop that. I guess in another way it makes me smile. Texas is one of the most vocal states for states rights and even succeeding from the US. Now they want those yankee dollars. If you want to take care of yourself take care of yourself.

conan the librarian 02-13-2019 09:31 AM

Immigration and borders is a federal responsibility.

oldandslow 02-13-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purebred (Post 2055846244)
Now two of our illustrious leaders are proposing the tax paying people of Texas pay for part of of the wall. What a bunch of BS.

Which will be cheaper in the long run, spending some of your tax dollars on a wall or spending them on welfare, crime, and disease brought in by the criminal invaders? Just askin'.

I don't have to worry about anything like that over here to the west of you. Our excuse for a governor has already declared us a sanctuary state, visited the the border at Santa Theresa where they have a controlled entrance, declared she saw no problem there and withdrew the National Guard from the border saying there were more important things for them to be doing. She did leave a few in the bootheel to assist the Border Patrol after some TV carried kickback from residents of that area which has only a ratty barb wire fence. Some very unflattering things were said about her and and Santa Fe. I see it as token appeasement that will have no effect on the problem. The idiot even has a TV commercial where she is running thru walls breaking down barriers for these people. Even the TV reporter were laughing about it. There is already a petition out to impeach her but it's wasted effort. It has to be done by the House and that bunch appears to be as batty as she is.

Dee 02-13-2019 10:11 AM

lol, Maybe Texas needs to do what Mexico does. Just wave'em on north. Problem solved.🤗