Drafting Men Only Ruled Unconstitutional - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:20 AM

Same here. We know the enemy will continue to foment discord.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
This is a perfect example of the old saying "be careful of what you ask for as you may get it".

Like ironglow I have a beautiful grand daughter and she is my only grand daughter. I would really hate to lose her over stupidity like this. Of course we have no draft so at this point any woman that goes into the armed services has only herself to blame if she isn't up to doing the job she chose. I hope we never have a reason to reinstitute the draft.
As often happens, some mouthy , crude women have messed things up for the females who know what it takes to be a lady.

….And coincidently, most of those mouthy, crude ones are too old...and perhaps to ugly to be drafted.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:20 PM

"Too ugly" to be drafted"?
Might be her best weapon, "Run away, run away"!

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post

and perhaps to ugly to be drafted.
Those are the ones we want to be drafted......at least those of us past draft age.

Go Donald Go!!
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 03:17 PM

OK, it's about time. As has been said already - be careful of what you wish for because you might not like what you get, or something like that.
It doesn't really matter which hag complained about equality the loudest, because equality was bound to happen. Who cares if the lack of showers or toilets with running water causes personal discomfort. You are taught how to dig foxholes and waste (excrement) holes, so put your training to use. And for those women who did not seek equality with men - tough darts darlin's, you can blame the activists for that. And, of course there will be some who will say they did not join up to do this or that - again, tough darts.
And while it is true that nobody wants to see their beautiful daughters or granddaughters sent off to war just remember that while we send our sons to die it is usually the women who advocate for peace. A draft just might smooth out that bit of inequality. And just like with our sons, those unskilled and uneducated are often more likely to wind up in combat units rather than support units. The last I checked, the Army had 161 different job skills (MOS) and few of them were in the combat arms or in direct support of the combat arms.
And for all the pretty granddaughters out there, there is always someone just as pretty or even prettier, so now what are you going to do with your life, make something of it with some good military training behind you to give you experience and focus, or just try and stay pretty and hope someone employs you or supports you for it?? Just how much equality do you want? Just askin'..................
Oh yeah, and at what point does someone who is already a Lady lose that just by being drafted? I used to laugh at being commissioned An Officer and a Gentleman because I was already a gentleman and many of the commissioned Ladies I met felt the same. Again, just sayin'....

Last edited by Bad Mike; 02-25-2019 at 03:23 PM.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
"Too ugly" to be drafted"?
Might be her best weapon, "Run away, run away"!
https://youtu.be/7FPELc1wEvk
lol the rabbit saying now i can eat grass in peace
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:56 PM

Im ok with drafting young ladies, just not deploying them as if they were men.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 06:06 PM

Leave well.enough alone. Those that want to serve can enlist

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Just another worthless opinion!!
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 06:52 PM

True equality does not come with clauses and exceptions. That holds tru for the color of your skin just as much as it does with what is betwixt your legs. If most of those who are demanding "equality" actually got it, they would throw an even worse tantrum than they already are.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED *****Not available in all areas.***** Void where prohibited by law. *****Many many many restrictions apply.*****
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 07:56 PM

I believe the court decision means young women will now have to register just as young men now do.

Whether there will ever be need for a draft remains to be determined by future events.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page