Drafting Men Only Ruled Unconstitutional - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:17 PM

Great way to do this, let it become widely and commonly known the
leftists have got this done and there should be great wailing and gnashing of teeth
to get it stopped, I am encouraged about an article I saw recently indicating a shift
to conservative leanings in many states, as though a remnant were rising up from a slumber.
blessings

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to nessmuk101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
I believe the court decision means young women will now have to register just as young men now do.

Whether there will ever be need for a draft remains to be determined by future events.
There hasn't been a draft since Viet Nam so I would not get too excited about your grand children going to war.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessmuk101 View Post
There hasn't been a draft since Viet Nam so I would not get too excited about your grand children going to war.
You never know...

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:35 PM

This ruling will shine the light of truth and reality on this travesty of humanity.
blessings

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 12:02 AM

Some cultures have no compunction conscripting the youth.
I depends who you square off against.
As I remember Vietnam was not picky about age or gender.
North Korea is another.
Asia has a long history of women in combat.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-44646267
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:19 AM

I read the suit - its intent is to reveal not just inequality in the Draft system, but the systemic tilt in our legal system against Men, in family court, custody disputes, abuse allegations, etc. The claimants have hard evidence indicating that while women scream equality, they enjoy favoritism in the legal system. The Draft is just a high profile issue that they hope will shed light on it all.

One option is to cancel the Draft. My mind has changed over the years, I'll admit it. I used to advocate mandatory service. But no one should have to go where I've gone and seen what I've seen unless they chose to, especially in a constitutional republic. If "we the people" supported a national security strategy, we would get our congressfolk to declare war, and we'd voluntarily line up at the recruiting station. Currently, we the people DO NOT support the national security strategy, and so its gotten to the point that the Army no longer kicks out drug users if they self-refer. You read that correctly - have a coke addiction? Tell your chain of command, they will get you treatment, and will not process you out of the Army. And women haven't been able to get out due to pregnancy in nearly 20 years - I've been in since 87, I saw the policy change. DOD has lowered all recruiting standards, and retention standards, to where we have folks in ranks now that just flat would not have been allowed in during WWII when we wanted all hands on deck.

There are nations that practice conscription; they also do not have a global police force mission nor posse comitatus, so those conscripts often serve at a base in their hometown, providing homeland defense. I've served on combined task forces with 3 of those countries, all in their own borders. You cannot compare the life of a 19yo norwegian conscript doing ski patrol near his parent's house, to a 19yo US draftee sent overseas to fight and die on foreign soil.

Just say no to the draft. If we fear that people will not volunteer to do the right thing in the defense of our constitutional republic, then maybe we should address why we fear that instead of using the force of government to provide a corrective.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:50 AM

TN is spot on...no doubt the suit was instituted to demonstrate the inequality with which men, especially "straight, white, men" are being treated today.
This raw treatment starts even with little boys. In recent years, the educational system has been very much feminized..to the point that in some districts, when little boys act like little boys...i.e. boisterous, energetic, aggressive and impulsive...the administration wants to pump him full of psych drugs.
Then, when they are dosed up on drugs that cause.."thoughts of depression, suicide or homicide"..those same authorities wonder why they have school shootings.

Frankly, we have enough young men in our nation, so no female should be required to serve. The military is more fitting for young men anyway, for the same reasons young boys are being doped up with drugs.

Where is the conscience of some young men anyway, that they would be pleased to have a woman serve in their place?

Today our culture needs a healthy dose of reality..and perhaps those who brought suit for an across-the-board draft, were trying to do just that !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:29 PM
dcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
This was common with active duty gals who didn't want to deploy when the poop hit the rotary oscillator.

Many single mothers totally freak out when they are told to pack up and mount out in 48 hours. They really don't have 48 hrs because they are busy with their unit palletizing equipment and supplies to go with them on the cargo jet. Meanwhile they don't know what to do with the kids so they claim pregnancy or some other ailment to avoid deploying.

Most women have immediate distress after hitting the ground after finding out there are no toilets, running water, showers, anything they consider essential to proper hygiene. Best thing to do is not take them. It's an impossible position to take.
i have to agree with this^^^

i shutter when i see old photos of what I lived in when we were deployed to SE Asia...

now days...there should gender neutral conditions. after all, is not "equality" the end goal?

drafting women? yes, they should be. why should a woman be given a choice to serve and a man NOT? that's not true "equality"...both should have choice, or NOT.

lead, follow, or get out of the way!
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:40 PM
dcw

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex in OTZ View Post
Some cultures have no compunction conscripting the youth.
I depends who you square off against.
As I remember Vietnam was not picky about age or gender.
North Korea is another.
Asia has a long history of women in combat.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-44646267
so does russia, and for that matter Israel and scandinavia.

my above post is aimed at the heart of pointing out the stupidness of women in combat units. women can and do play a very important part in military and law enforcement roles...but in a close combat situation, i'd much rather have my flanks covered by male counterparts...

lead, follow, or get out of the way!
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw View Post
i have to agree with this^^^

i shutter when i see old photos of what I lived in when we were deployed to SE Asia...

now days...there should gender neutral conditions. after all, is not "equality" the end goal?

drafting women? yes, they should be. why should a woman be given a choice to serve and a man NOT? that's not true "equality"...both should have choice, or NOT.

Right to choose.......

Go Donald Go!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page