Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues Discussion (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion.html)
-   -   Drafting Men Only Ruled Unconstitutional (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion/391494-drafting-men-only-ruled-unconstitutional.html)

sagia308 02-24-2019 10:28 PM

Drafting Men Only Ruled Unconstitutional

remember to take your daughters to get slaughtered thats what our SICK culture has become :tango_face_sad:
come on everybody clap your hands and sing along
https://sunny99.iheart.com/content/2...onstitutional/
Quote:

A federal judge in Texas says that a military draft for men only is unconstitutional.

In a late Friday afternoon ruling, U.S. District Judge Gray Miller said that the time for a debate on women's roles in the military is over and long passed. He denied a Department of Justice request for a stay of his decision.

NWBear 02-24-2019 11:14 PM

Maybe politicians will now think harder about starting wars... now about the draft, how about no deferments for the rich and politically connected. Send politicians sons and daughters to the front line and see how often they vote to send the rest of us...

Lt. Dave 02-24-2019 11:22 PM

It was inevitable. Women's rights, equality, feminism... all good until the draft starts.

ironglow 02-25-2019 12:22 AM

This might never have come up, if some women didn't start claiming complete "equality", and demanding to be placed in combat units !

Sorry demanders, but you were warned to be careful what you demand...you may just get it !

Sadly, now that may drag some nice young ladies to places where they never intended to go ! ...And that all because some women demanded to be "treated equally".

goodshot 02-25-2019 01:44 AM

This is a reality, sort of a "me too" with a reality check.
The adversary has fought against the created order until he achieved
this perversion of the Creators intended with the help of those who
"kick against the goads".
His return is soon.
best wishes

Dakotashooter2 02-25-2019 06:40 AM

Wonder how many women will intentionally get pregnant to avoid service..........then abort the baby. FWIW if you draft the women you reduce your future recruitment of soldiers.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

rosewood 02-25-2019 07:48 AM

Yep, sometimes you get what you ask for.

Those that have been pushing to fight on the front lines, guess it never dawns on them how women will be treated as POWs.

Rosewood

Lt. Dave 02-25-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakotashooter2 (Post 2055853262)
Wonder how many women will intentionally get pregnant to avoid service..........then abort the baby. FWIW if you draft the women you reduce your future recruitment of soldiers.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

This was common with active duty gals who didn't want to deploy when the poop hit the rotary oscillator.

Many single mothers totally freak out when they are told to pack up and mount out in 48 hours. They really don't have 48 hrs because they are busy with their unit palletizing equipment and supplies to go with them on the cargo jet. Meanwhile they don't know what to do with the kids so they claim pregnancy or some other ailment to avoid deploying.

Most women have immediate distress after hitting the ground after finding out there are no toilets, running water, showers, anything they consider essential to proper hygiene. Best thing to do is not take them. It's an impossible position to take.

magooch 02-25-2019 11:39 AM

I disagree with drafting anyone to fight a stupid war. If you're going to have a war, start it and end it in 15 minutes. We have the capability of eliminating almost any country on the face of the Earth almost instantly. We had that capability 60 years ago and should have used it a couple of times rather than send our best men to be slaughtered.

Our military should consist of well trained and well paid professionals and not a bunch of barely trained and barely paid kids just out of high school. The very least function of our military is to be an institution for gender equality advancement.

I think Israel might be getting ready to show the world how to do it. So long Iran.

oldandslow 02-25-2019 11:46 AM

This is a perfect example of the old saying "be careful of what you ask for as you may get it".

Like ironglow I have a beautiful grand daughter and she is my only grand daughter. I would really hate to lose her over stupidity like this. Of course we have no draft so at this point any woman that goes into the armed services has only herself to blame if she isn't up to doing the job she chose. I hope we never have a reason to reinstitute the draft.