Dems mouthy darling lefty making threats over bipartisanship. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Default Dems mouthy darling lefty making threats over bipartisanship.

Dems mouthy darling lefty making threats over bipartisanship.

« on: Today at 12:40:58 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ez-list-threat

Moderate Dems fume over Ocasio-Cortez ‘list’ threat

Alex PappasBy Alex Pappas | Fox News

Ocasio-Cortez is making a ‘list’ after moderate Dems side with Republicans

Moderate Democrats are fuming over New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s closed-door warning last week that Democrats who vote with Republicans are "putting themselves on a list" – a comment interpreted as a primary challenge threat.

Ocasio-Cortez has since downplayed her comments, made in the wake of 26 Democrats joining Republicans to vote for a provision requiring Immigration and Customs Enforcement to be notified if illegal immigrants attempt to purchase guns.

OCASIO-CORTEZ WARNS OF 'LIST' FOR MODERATE DEMS WHO VOTE WITH REPUBLICANS

Still, some House Democrats aren’t happy with her talk of a “list.”

“I don't think it's productive,” Michigan Rep. Dan Kildee said Saturday on Fox News’ “Cavuto Live.”

He added, “I don't think we should be interfering with one another's politics. The people who elected us get to make those choices.”

New Jersey Democratic Rep. Josh Gottheimer, a co-chairman of the Problem Solvers Caucus, said Ocasio-Cortez’s use of the word “list” was “Nixonian.”

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez reportedly issues warning to moderate Democrats
Video

“Being unified means ensuring that Democrats aren’t primary-ing other sitting Democrats,” Gottheimer told The Washington Post. “Since when is it okay to put you on a Nixonian list? We need to have a big tent in our party or we won’t keep the House or win the White House.”

The brouhaha began last week when two-dozen moderate Democrats broke from their party's progressive wing and sided with Republicans on a legislative amendment having to do with illegal immigrants and guns.

In a closed-door meeting afterward, according to The Washington Post, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi scolded her wayward center-leaning colleagues, telling them: "We are either a team or we’re not.”

Ocasio-Cortez then told fellow Democrats that those who voted with Republicans were "putting themselves on a list." Ocasio-Cortez later claimed she wasn’t talking about a list for primary challenges.

“I didn’t say that they were putting themselves on a list for primaries," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "I said that by Dems distinguishing themselves by breaking off on procedural…votes, they were inadvertently making a list of targets for the GOP and for progressive advocates on their pro-ICE vote.”

Reacting to Ocasio-Cortez's comments, one party strategist who works for moderate Democrats argued Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t “respect” the views of other Democrats who don’t embrace her progressive politics.

“My main gripe about AOC is that while I respect her voice in the party, I don't think she respects mine or anyone else's who differs with her on policy or comes from a different political electoral reality,” said John Anzalone, a Democratic pollster in Alabama.

There’s been speculation since she was elected to Congress that Ocasio-Cortez could get involved in Democratic primary fights in 2020, especially with the group Justice Democrats signaling plans to primary incumbent Democrats they see as insufficiently progressive. Ocasio-Cortez has been aligned with that group.

It's a tactic that has been embraced by some conservative groups and politicians on the right, especially during the 2010 and 2012 elections, when incumbent lawmakers in the House and Senate were ousted in primaries by conservative challengers.

Fox News’ Bradford Betz contributed to this report.

Alex Pappas is a politics reporter at FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter at @AlexPappas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:50 PM

Ocrazyo Vortex is on my list, and it's not a sugar list.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 03:22 PM

Why is she in the news every single day? It isn't only Greenpeace who is calling her crazy. Other greens
are coming out saying the same thing. She has no experience and has no idea what she is talking about.

The media needs to stop courting her and her fantasy illusions. This idiot has the entire green movement questioning her. Like David Hogg with his little Hitler like salute, even the Libs are wondering about her.
And if the even the Libs think you are crazy, you must be really crazy lol.

Last edited by Argent11; 03-05-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:17 PM

You watch, she is burning her bridges.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:50 PM

Doncha love how she continues to make enemies.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Just another worthless opinion!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotashooter2 View Post
Doncha love how she continues to make enemies.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk
She does that.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Angry

She is proving that she does NOT intend to help America, just CONTROL us. Typical dem. CHARLIE.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Burn Baby Burn. What a constant source of political amusement she has been. Now all we have to look forward to is Piglousy, Upchuck Schummer, Maxine Waters, Hank Johnson, Wasserman Schultz, Hitlery in 2020, Comey, Mulear, and Cohen's lies - for starters.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page