Chic fil A pulled from another airport after perverts complain. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Default Chic fil A pulled from another airport after perverts complain.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/c...parks-backlash

Chick-fil-A pulled from Buffalo airport after company's alleged 'anti-LGBTQ rhetoric' sparks backlash

By Janine Puhak | Fox News

Chick-fil-A banned from airport over alleged 'legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior'

The San Antonio City Council has rejected the inclusion of Chick-fil-A from the new Food, Beverage and Retail Prime Concession Agreement for the San Antonio International Airport. The city has banned the chicken chain from setting up shop in the airport due to the company's alleged 'legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior.' In a statement, a rep for Chick-fil-A said they would 'still welcome the opportunity to have a thoughtful dialogue with the city council.'

Chick-fil-A will no longer be opening up shop inside Buffalo Niagara International Airport, after a backlash erupted regarding the company’s alleged “anti-LGBTQ rhetoric” and views.

On Thursday, hospitality management company Delaware North and the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) gave the green light to renovation plans that would have brought the chicken chain to the Western New York air hub, New York Upstate reports.

Assemblyman Sean Ryan, meanwhile, took to Twitter to call out the NFTA for the decision, arguing that it was wrong for the state-funded entity to do business "with corporations who fund hateful and divisive groups" - specifically, Chick-fil-A's financial contributions to groups that fuel "anti-LGBTQ rhetoric.”

'HOT COSTCO DAD' GOES VIRAL FOR HIS JOY OVER SHOPPING DEALS

"I strongly urge the NFTA to reverse this decision,” the Democratic lawmaker wrote online. "I don’t believe the leadership of the NFTA intends to help spread hate and discrimination, but allowing a corporation like Chick-fil-A to do business at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport will help to fund continued divisive anti-LGBTQ rhetoric. New York is a welcoming state that celebrates diversity.”

“The views of Chick-fil-A do not represent our state or the Western New York community, and businesses that support discrimination have no place operating in taxpayer-funded public facilities,” he concluded.

The next day, Ryan tweeted that reps for the Buffalo Airport food court renovation project had informed him that Chick-fil-A would not ultimately open up inside the air hub – a decision that he said he “applauds.”

“We hope in the future the NFTA will make every effort to contract with businesses that adhere to anti-discrimination policies, and we’re confident another vendor who better represents the values of the Western New York community will replace Chick-fil-A as a part of this project in the very near future,” Ryan wrote online.

According to WKBW, the new Chick-fil-A was slated to open at the airport sometime during the fall of 2019. It remains unclear at this time what vendor will take Chick-fil-A’s place.

Chick-fil-A fires back after being excluded by NJ college
Video

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS

Though reps for the fast food chain did not immediately return Fox News’ request for comment on the story, they did offer the outlet the following statement on the matter.

“Recent coverage about Chick-fil-A continues to drive an inaccurate narrative about our brand. We do not have a political or social agenda or discriminate against any group. More than 145,000 people from different backgrounds and beliefs represent the Chick-fil-A brand,” a spokesperson told WKBW. “We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity.”

The news marks the second time in recent weeks that the hain was banned from opening at an airport regarding reported LGBTQ concerns.

On March 21, six members of the San Antonio City Council rejected including Chick-fil-A from a new food, drink and retail agreement for the airport, in relation to the company’s alleged 'legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior'

The day before, Think Progress published tax documents revealing that in 2017, the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave over $1.8 million in charitable donations to organizations that have come under scrutiny regarding their stance on LGBTQ issues.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Over $1.65 million of that contribution was given to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, which writes in an online “Statement of Faith” that it believes “marriage is exclusively the union of one man and one woman,” and believes “sexual intimacy” should only be expressed “within [that] context,” CBS News reports.

When contacted for comment, reps for Chick-fil-A told Fox News that the airport ban was "the first we heard” of the protest and its approval by the San Antonio City Council.

“We would still welcome the opportunity to have a thoughtful dialogue with the city council and plan to reach out to them. It’s unfortunate that mischaracterizations of our brand have led to decisions like this,” a spokesperson said.

NJ University Refuses to Bring Chick-Fil-A on Campus Over the Chain's 'Corporate Values'
Video

According to New York Upstate, the Texas attorney general has since opened an investigation regarding whether the city of San Antonio “violated Chick-fil-A’s religious liberty” in their controversial decision.

Likewise, in November 2018, Rider University made headlines for turning down a student body survey that voted to bring Chick-fil-A to campus as a new fast-food option, citing concerns over the company’s attitudes toward the LGBTQ community.

The chain pushed back against the university's characterization, saying the restaurant is merely providing food and doesn't have any agenda.

Fox News’ Michael Bartiromo, Lukas Mikelionis and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

Janine Puhak is an editor for Fox News Lifestyle. Follow her on Twitter at @janinePuhak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 01:08 PM

In the old days if you didn't like something a business was doing you just didn't go there. You could find something that every business does that somebody doesn't like. Should we limit or restrict all businesses?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Just another worthless opinion!!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 01:55 PM

No just ban and prosecute businesses that won’t make a penis cake to celebrate two fags union...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:04 PM
Banned

There’s no place in our public spaces for those with a hateful discriminatory agenda
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:16 PM

There is NO evidence that Chick-fil-A has ever done anything hateful or discriminatory. They believe in the Bible and have an opinion. Oh, that's right, you can't have an opinion if it doesn't accept all sins and perversions as normal.

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:19 PM

BTW, everyone should go out today and buy some Chick-fil-A. Support a fine restaurant chain with some excellent chow and a Christian philosophy.

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:53 PM

You definitely get what you pay for there. It’s a fine meal at a fair price.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 07:00 PM

It is truly a shame when a govt. has to try and force it's population to act like the accept something they really do not in reality. What it does is make matters worst. I really didn't care about homosexuals until they started screwing with business I used. Now I resent their tatics so they have alinated me instead of me being netural .
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliente View Post
There’s no place in our public spaces for those with a hateful discriminatory agenda

Now THAT is an interesting opinion! Just because YOU believe someones "agenda" is is hateful/discriminatory you think they should not have a place in public?

We have all heard of such ideas in our history lessons... Silence the "other group. An old tactic, and well used historically. And not one of the ideals that America was founded on, I believe. To paraphrase an old quote, "I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

As for "hateful/discriminatory" I give you.........The Democratic Party and most of it's political associates.

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Now THAT is an interesting opinion! Just because YOU believe someones "agenda" is is hateful/discriminatory you think they should not have a place in public?

CUTS, I think he's right about those perverts, they have no place in public. Love chic fil a. CHARLIE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page