Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues Discussion (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion.html)
-   -   Nattering nabob Nadler demands Trump tax records (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion/393506-nattering-nabob-nadler-demands-trump-tax-records.html)

mcbammer 04-05-2019 11:00 AM

As we say in the construction industry . { If you cant dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with your bull $hit }

Darkgael 04-05-2019 11:53 AM

"nattering nabobs (of negativism). Good old Spiro. My favorite agnewism, though, is about the "effete corps of impudent snobs."

Pete

NWBear 04-05-2019 01:25 PM

"But I don't think Trump will give'em up.
He's not required to unless the subpoena comes from a prosecutor in a criminal case against him."

He's only "REQUIRED" to if certain committee's in Congress ask for them... then The Secretary of the Treasury SHALL provide them!!!

"(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure."

tendernut 04-05-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magooch (Post 2055872814)
Even if the President decided to turn six years of income tax returns over to Nadler and company--which he definitely should not, they wouldn't be able to figure it out anyway. All of this is way over the top and is only to try to keep the President off balance. I think Donald should tell Nadler, I'll get right on that and I'll get them to you just as quickly as you fix the invasion problem and balance the budget.

Only one minor problem with that idea. He doesn't have a choice. The law says that the IRS "SHALL" provide the tax records of ANY citizen. It doesn't say may or can it says SHALL. Also, there are no exceptions to ANY citizen.
He may fight it and drag it out in a court battle but we WILL see them sooner or later. He can run but he can't hide. LOL

tendernut 04-05-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055872818)
LOL, I agree on every point.
But I don't think Trump will give'em up.
He's not required to unless the subpoena comes from a prosecutor in a criminal case against him.
He's playing the democrats like a fine violin.

He doesn't have a choice. The law says that the Treasury Sec. SHALL provide them. I repeat SHALL. This law is used by the ways & means committee quite often.
If he has nothing to hide why not turn them over? I've always said, "follow the money". His downfall will be fraud, tax evasion, money laundering, etc.. He can run but he can't hide. HEHEHE

magooch 04-05-2019 09:34 PM

I couldn't care less what some stupid law says, it can be tested in court and that could take time. What makes anyone think that the goofy bunch of idiots who want to see Trump's taxes know any more than the IRS. Either his taxes have been approved by the IRS, or they might be in contest. In any case if someone finds a mistake--no big deal. Does anyone believe that Donald Trump does his own taxes?

tendernut 04-06-2019 12:46 AM

EVERY POTUS since Nixon has released their tax records except Trump. Y'all all know that if Obama would have refused to release his y'all would have lost your minds and demanded impeachment or worse. What makes Trump better than any of the others?
If his taxes are on the level he has nothing to worry about. The simple fact that he doesn't want to release them pretty much insures that he is hiding something. What us he hiding? Nobody knows but we WILL sooner or later. His day IS coming. LOL

ironglow 04-06-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055873254)
EVERY POTUS since Nixon has released their tax records except Trump. Y'all all know that if Obama would have refused to release his y'all would have lost your minds and demanded impeachment or worse. What makes Trump better than any of the others?
If his taxes are on the level he has nothing to worry about. The simple fact that he doesn't want to release them pretty much insures that he is hiding something. What us he hiding? Nobody knows but we WILL sooner or later. His day IS coming. LOL

Have Nadler, Pelosi, Mad Max and the rest made public, their tax records? They should stop and think, "what goes around, comes around".

As the president is re-elected in 2020 and gains congress again, their little game can be turned upon them, and come back to bite each one of them in the Nancy!

Remember Harry Reid's "nuclear option"... the current dunces don't seem to catch on to the fact that...."turn about is fair play"

tendernut 04-06-2019 11:25 AM

If any of the people you named have committed any tax crimes (or any other crime for that matter) they should be investigated, charged, & prosecuted.

ironglow 04-06-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055873404)
If any of the people you named have committed any tax crimes (or any other crime for that matter) they should be investigated, charged, & prosecuted.

There you go again;

So, what "tax crimes" can you prove that the president has committed.

..But of course, you're leftist and PROOF is not necessary..just an ACCUSATION is enough....even if it comes from "unnamed" or "anonymous" sources..

Didn't you guys learn yet, from the "collusion delusion"? Must the leftists have their noses rubbed in it again ?