Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues Discussion (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion.html)
-   -   Nattering nabob Nadler demands Trump tax records (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion/393506-nattering-nabob-nadler-demands-trump-tax-records.html)

ironglow 04-04-2019 07:50 AM

Nattering nabob Nadler demands Trump tax records

Nattering Nadler subpoenas Pres Trumps tax records for 6 years.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-subpoenas-ta/

OK...let's do the same for pencil neck "Shifty" Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Mad Maxine, "upchuck" Schumer and Nadler himself.

spruce 04-04-2019 07:59 AM

Uh, just wondering what your link to Swedish fire logs have to do with corrupt, overzealous democrats? :-)

I'll bet there are very few members of Congress who could survive an honest, detailed audit by the IRS!

The tax laws were written by corrupt politicians and are purposely designed to be open for "interpretation", depending on who is doing the auditing and whom they are auditing!

Dee 04-04-2019 09:30 AM

Lots of new ideas on the swedish fire log. Gonna check into one of those cooking plates.

Shootall3 04-04-2019 10:29 AM

Trump must be doing something right so many are shaking in their boots. Does he use a fire log

ironglow 04-04-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spruce (Post 2055872344)
Uh, just wondering what your link to Swedish fire logs have to do with corrupt, overzealous democrats? :-)

I'll bet there are very few members of Congress who could survive an honest, detailed audit by the IRS!

The tax laws were written by corrupt politicians and are purposely designed to be open for "interpretation", depending on who is doing the auditing and whom they are auditing!

Oops! ..corrected now.. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-subpoenas-ta/

tommyt 04-04-2019 05:40 PM

If they need the Tax’s so bad
It better come with a list of others who will do the same

A you show me yours and I’ll show you mine

This Dem crapola is sickening
Never ending

mcbammer 04-04-2019 09:15 PM

Trump has probably paid in more tax than the entire Demorat Congress .

magooch 04-05-2019 01:12 AM

Even if the President decided to turn six years of income tax returns over to Nadler and company--which he definitely should not, they wouldn't be able to figure it out anyway. All of this is way over the top and is only to try to keep the President off balance. I think Donald should tell Nadler, I'll get right on that and I'll get them to you just as quickly as you fix the invasion problem and balance the budget.

bugeye 04-05-2019 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magooch (Post 2055872814)
Even if the President decided to turn six years of income tax returns over to Nadler and company--which he definitely should not, they wouldn't be able to figure it out anyway. All of this is way over the top and is only to try to keep the President off balance. I think Donald should tell Nadler, I'll get right on that and I'll get them to you just as quickly as you fix the invasion problem and balance the budget.

LOL, I agree on every point.
But I don't think Trump will give'em up.
He's not required to unless the subpoena comes from a prosecutor in a criminal case against him.
He's playing the democrats like a fine violin.

ironglow 04-05-2019 08:11 AM

LEADERSHIP...an important but all too often overlooked by superficial people..

As a platoon Sgt in the army, I never asked my troops to do anything I would not do myself..whether it was to clean a grease trap or up and down "misery hill", with rifle and full gear.
When I attended 7th Army non-commissioned officer's academy in Bad Tolz, Germany...that philosophy was reiterated over and over. My uncle served under Gen Patton..and Patton was the embodiment of "I'll show you how"..

That being said..if those Demon-rats are any kind of leaders..they should produce their tax records full and complete first, then ask the president to show his records.

Other than that, they are justso mant "nattering nabobs"*.. (*Spiro Agnew)

mcbammer 04-05-2019 11:00 AM

As we say in the construction industry . { If you cant dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with your bull $hit }

Darkgael 04-05-2019 11:53 AM

"nattering nabobs (of negativism). Good old Spiro. My favorite agnewism, though, is about the "effete corps of impudent snobs."

Pete

NWBear 04-05-2019 01:25 PM

"But I don't think Trump will give'em up.
He's not required to unless the subpoena comes from a prosecutor in a criminal case against him."

He's only "REQUIRED" to if certain committee's in Congress ask for them... then The Secretary of the Treasury SHALL provide them!!!

"(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure."

tendernut 04-05-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magooch (Post 2055872814)

Only one minor problem with that idea. He doesn't have a choice. The law says that the IRS "SHALL" provide the tax records of ANY citizen. It doesn't say may or can it says SHALL. Also, there are no exceptions to ANY citizen.
He may fight it and drag it out in a court battle but we WILL see them sooner or later. He can run but he can't hide. LOL

tendernut 04-05-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeye (Post 2055872818)
LOL, I agree on every point.
But I don't think Trump will give'em up.
He's not required to unless the subpoena comes from a prosecutor in a criminal case against him.
He's playing the democrats like a fine violin.

He doesn't have a choice. The law says that the Treasury Sec. SHALL provide them. I repeat SHALL. This law is used by the ways & means committee quite often.
If he has nothing to hide why not turn them over? I've always said, "follow the money". His downfall will be fraud, tax evasion, money laundering, etc.. He can run but he can't hide. HEHEHE

magooch 04-05-2019 09:34 PM

I couldn't care less what some stupid law says, it can be tested in court and that could take time. What makes anyone think that the goofy bunch of idiots who want to see Trump's taxes know any more than the IRS. Either his taxes have been approved by the IRS, or they might be in contest. In any case if someone finds a mistake--no big deal. Does anyone believe that Donald Trump does his own taxes?

tendernut 04-06-2019 12:46 AM

EVERY POTUS since Nixon has released their tax records except Trump. Y'all all know that if Obama would have refused to release his y'all would have lost your minds and demanded impeachment or worse. What makes Trump better than any of the others?
If his taxes are on the level he has nothing to worry about. The simple fact that he doesn't want to release them pretty much insures that he is hiding something. What us he hiding? Nobody knows but we WILL sooner or later. His day IS coming. LOL

ironglow 04-06-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055873254)
EVERY POTUS since Nixon has released their tax records except Trump. Y'all all know that if Obama would have refused to release his y'all would have lost your minds and demanded impeachment or worse. What makes Trump better than any of the others?
If his taxes are on the level he has nothing to worry about. The simple fact that he doesn't want to release them pretty much insures that he is hiding something. What us he hiding? Nobody knows but we WILL sooner or later. His day IS coming. LOL

Have Nadler, Pelosi, Mad Max and the rest made public, their tax records? They should stop and think, "what goes around, comes around".

As the president is re-elected in 2020 and gains congress again, their little game can be turned upon them, and come back to bite each one of them in the Nancy!

Remember Harry Reid's "nuclear option"... the current dunces don't seem to catch on to the fact that...."turn about is fair play"

tendernut 04-06-2019 11:25 AM

If any of the people you named have committed any tax crimes (or any other crime for that matter) they should be investigated, charged, & prosecuted.

ironglow 04-06-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055873404)
If any of the people you named have committed any tax crimes (or any other crime for that matter) they should be investigated, charged, & prosecuted.

There you go again;

So, what "tax crimes" can you prove that the president has committed.

..But of course, you're leftist and PROOF is not necessary..just an ACCUSATION is enough....even if it comes from "unnamed" or "anonymous" sources..

Didn't you guys learn yet, from the "collusion delusion"? Must the leftists have their noses rubbed in it again ?

arky65 04-06-2019 01:40 PM

"Must the leftists have their noses rubbed in it again ?"

They must like the smell.

tendernut 04-06-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055873428)
There you go again;

So, what "tax crimes" can you prove that the president has committed.

..But of course, you're leftist and PROOF is not necessary..just an ACCUSATION is enough....even if it comes from "unnamed" or "anonymous" sources..

Didn't you guys learn yet, from the "collusion delusion"? Must the leftists have their noses rubbed in it again ?

Notice that the first part of the sequence of events I described was INVESTIGATE. Like I said, if he hasn't done anything wrong, what does he have to fear?

tommyt 04-06-2019 11:16 PM

Please No Feeding The Fish

tendernut 04-07-2019 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyt (Post 2055873706)
Please No Feeding The Fish

How is that working out for ya there Tommy? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ironglow 04-07-2019 07:59 AM

The president's tax returns are audited by the IRS every year.

Remember please, while Mr Trump was running for president, Obama's louis Learner was running the IRS.

I think we can rest assured, the Trump ytax return were gone over with a fine tooth comb, and he has paid all he was required to pay.

Beyond that...I couldn't care less about his tax returns.

Cuts Crooked 04-07-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055873090)
He doesn't have a choice. The law says that the Treasury Sec. SHALL provide them. I repeat SHALL.

Simple question......Why has this not happened already?

tendernut 04-07-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuts Crooked (Post 2055873792)
Simple question......Why has this not happened already?

Simple answer-Because the House Ways & Means committee has been under Republican control for the last 2 years. That is no longer the case. The new committee made a list of things to do in their order of importance and this is next on that list. You're welcome!

Cuts Crooked 04-07-2019 10:16 AM

Hmmm.....would have thought it would be at the top of said list. Perhaps not as important as one would like to believe?

Argent11 04-07-2019 10:47 AM

Liberals would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

magooch 04-07-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argent11 (Post 2055873838)
Liberals would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

So use an old rope, or better yet, a rusty old cable, but get it done.

tendernut 04-07-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuts Crooked (Post 2055873824)
Hmmm.....would have thought it would be at the top of said list. Perhaps not as important as one would like to believe?

It must be to Trump. If its no big deal, why not turn them over voluntarily?

ironglow 04-07-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055873950)
It must be to Trump. If its no big deal, why not turn them over voluntarily?

As I said..the nattering nabobs could show their sincerity, by producing theirs first..that's leadership !

Anyhow; more fun coming;

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nun...d-russia-probe

tendernut 04-07-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055874010)
As I said..the nattering nabobs could show their sincerity, by producing theirs first..that's leadership !

Anyhow; more fun coming;

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nun...d-russia-probe

You REALLY wanna see true leadership? Have Trump VOLUNTARILY release his tax records just like Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, & Obama.
Since you're always pointing fingers at Obama let me ask you this. What would you have done if Obama would have refused to release his tax records?

Argent11 04-07-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055874038)
You REALLY wanna see true leadership? Have Trump VOLUNTARILY release his tax records just like Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, & Obama.
Since you're always pointing fingers at Obama let me ask you this. What would you have done if Obama would have refused to release his tax records?

Well, did Obamas records explaine building a huge mansion out in California? And one in Hawaii?

ironglow 04-07-2019 05:37 PM

I didn't care about Obama's tax returns when he was elected..and I don't care now. However, I would like to know how a "community organizer' went from those wages to the multi millions he walked away from the presidency with.

..But even that doesn't matter..I expected that from him...

Of course, some of us still wonder if perhaps some bundles fell off those pallets of cash delivered to Iran.

He did seem to be a close buddy with the ayatollah.

Darkgael 04-10-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055874050)
I didn't care about Obama's tax returns when he was elected..and I don't care now. However, I would like to know how a "community organizer' went from those wages to the multi millions he walked away from the presidency with.

..But even that doesn't matter..I expected that from him...

Of course, some of us still wonder if perhaps some bundles fell off those pallets of cash delivered to Iran.

He did seem to be a close buddy with the ayatollah.

I have no skin in this game. It does disturb me, though, to read idle unfounded speculation......rumor mongering.....the only purpose of which is to further tarnish reputation of a person that you do not like.
The bottom line is that you do not know where the money came from.
Obama made more than 20 million dollars between 2005 and 2016. Most of that was the result of writing two bestselling books. Maybe you did not read them but alot of people did = more than.$15 million dollars worth..His salary added another 3 million.
Afford a house or two? Yeah.

ironglow 04-11-2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkgael (Post 2055875476)
I have no skin in this game. It does disturb me, though, to read idle unfounded speculation......rumor mongering.....the only purpose of which is to further tarnish reputation of a person that you do not like.
Obama made more than 20 million dollars between 2005 and 2016. Most of that was the result of writing two bestselling books. Maybe you did not read them but alot of people did = more than.$15 million dollars worth..His salary added another 3 million.

No rumor mongering, just questioning. Rumor mongering would be accusing as if one has "inside information".

I was just questioning..as the leftists are doing with the Trump tax records..is turn about fair play?

Rumor mongering, is exactly what most Democrats have done with the wasted $30,000,000 spent on their "collusion delusion"..

bugeye 04-11-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055875550)
No rumor mongering, just questioning. Rumor mongering would be accusing as if one has "inside information".

I was just questioning..as the leftists are doing with the Trump tax records..is turn about fair play?

Rumor mongering, is exactly what most Democrats have done with the wasted $30,000,000 spent on their "collusion delusion"..

Yep, and, he doesn't have his tax return. He's still under his yearly audit, so he has no idea what he owes or doesn't owe.
Liberals acting like children. No, wait, my child never acted that bad.:tango_face_grin:

George Foster 04-11-2019 09:32 AM

If I were a questioning man of politicians I would probably ask if Republicans felt it was worth the $100,000,000 the Republicans spent investigating HC over the years with no positive results except for knocking down in the polls for election.

tommyt 04-11-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkgael (Post 2055875476)

DA
I can't find what you speak of please "LINK"

i did find many like this
https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/2...n-random-house

[SIZE="5"]The Obamas' Book Deals Spark $65 Million Mystery/SIZE]

When word broke early last week that former president and first lady Barack and Michelle Obama had landed a joint deal at Penguin Random House worth a reported $65 million, many in the industry were stunned. The advance is, if not the largest on record for two standalone works, certainly the largest in recent memory.

As is its company policy, PRH has not commented on the money. Some insiders, all of whom spoke to PW on the condition of anonymity, have expressed skepticism about the accuracy of the figure (which the Financial Times first reported). A week before the deal was announced, one high-ranking publisher at another house who had been involved in negotiations said that he thought the two books would fetch a total of $30 million. But many in the business, including scouts monitoring the auction, said they think the $65 million figure is accurate.

Assuming, then, that PRH did spend $65 million on both books, the publisher has a number of ways to make back its money, and then some. Industry members are confident both books will do well in hardcover, trade paperback, e-book, and audio. With Barack Obama’s new book, PRH has a title that will likely be an instant bestseller and will also become a backlist mainstay. It also has the potential to become a popular choice for course adoption. According to NPD BookScan, which tracks about 80% of print sales, Obama’s two previous books, 1995’s Dreams from My Father and 2006’s The Audacity of Hope, have sold roughly 4.7 million print copies combined since 2001, when BookScan started tracking sales.

Michelle Obama’s book is more of a gamble. Many insiders said that, despite her popularity as first lady and the notoriety she achieved in the just-closed presidential election, it’s harder to make an educated guess about how well her book could sell, out of the gate or in backlist.

In addition to not discussing the advance, PRH has released little to no information about the books themselves. As of press time, standard details usually included in acquisition announcements—publication date, the imprint publishing the book—had not been shared. Insiders tracking the books said it was thought that the titles would be released in fall 2018 and that Crown will be handling them, since Crown is the PRH division that published Barack Obama’s earlier books. Other lingering unknowns: who will edit the books and, most crucially, what they are about. (Sources said Obama’s book is not “merely” a memoir.)

Getting back to that advance, and how PRH might recoup its upfront investment, there is the matter of the foreign rights market. (PRH, which acquired world rights, did not respond to an inquiry about whether it will offer rights to the Obama titles at the forthcoming London Book Fair, set to begin March 14.)

Dee 04-11-2019 10:34 AM

1075 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055873084)
Only one minor problem with that idea. He doesn't have a choice. The law says that the IRS "SHALL" provide the tax records of ANY citizen. It doesn't say may or can it says SHALL. Also, there are no exceptions to ANY citizen.
He may fight it and drag it out in a court battle but we WILL see them sooner or later. He can run but he can't hide. LOL

Really? Specifically! Where in the tax code or the "law" does it say that regarding a sitting president, and whom do the records go to?
I don't think it's ever happened before.

Now your saying it does, so please give us the statute.

NWBear 04-11-2019 11:54 AM

Specifically in U.S. Code Title 26. INTERNAL REVENUE CODE Subtitle F. Procedure and Administration... pertinent section quoted below:

"(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure."
Emphasis added

You are welcome

tendernut 04-11-2019 12:02 PM

It doesn't specify a "sitting president". It says ANY and any includes the POTUS. It can be requested by the chairman of the house ways & means committee, chairman of the committee on finance of the senate, & chairman of the joint committee on taxation.
I don't make false claims. If you wanna read it for yourself, scroll down to the section where it says, "(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress".

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/6103

ironglow 04-11-2019 12:21 PM

Perhaps we should employ a bit of common sense.. Obama's pet, Lois Lerner was the IRS chief while Trump was running for president.

This at the time when the Dems were actively trying to catch Trump "in something" ..or anything, trying to bring him down.

We can rest assured that with all their efforts to do so, such as the "collusion delusion"..no way they overlooked Trump's tax returns, while trying to find fault.

He must have been "squeaky clean", or they would have found something to crow about !

Now, if the Dems started screeching about Al Sharpton and taxes..along with other Dem tax cheats, they may make some headway.

tendernut 04-11-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055875816)
Perhaps we should employ a bit of common sense.. Obama's pet, Lois Lerner was the IRS chief while Trump was running for president.

This at the time when the Dems were actively trying to catch Trump "in something" ..or anything, trying to bring him down.

We can rest assured that with all their efforts to do so, such as the "collusion delusion"..no way they overlooked Trump's tax returns, while trying to find fault.

He must have been "squeaky clean", or they would have found something to crow about !

Now, if the Dems started screeching about Al Sharpton and taxes..along with other Dem tax cheats, they may make some headway.

If all that is true, why not release them and put it to rest? Every POTUS since Nixon has done so. Why should Trump be any different?

bugeye 04-11-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWBear (Post 2055875798)
except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure."
Emphasis added

You are welcome

If I read this right, they can get his return, but they CANNOT make it public that they even have it, unless he gives them permission.
But you can bet that the democrats would crow like roosters that they have his return and they'd reveal everything in it.
Which, if I understand the law, would be illegal.

magooch 04-11-2019 04:08 PM

While I couldn't care less what might be found on President Trump's returns, obviously they've been audited and gone over with a fine toothed comb. The fact is, the Dummycratics are only interested in using absolutely anything and everything as a weapon against the President and if there is nothing, they will make it up. I think Donald Trump might want to ask for a stay on the order from whatever court necessary. Maybe the Supreme Court would throw this very questionable law where it belongs--in the manure pile. The only purpose of it is as a political weapon and nothing to do with whether the tax return is legitimate, or not.

tendernut 04-11-2019 05:14 PM

Tax records can be used for more things than to find out whether someone has broken tax laws. A persons tax records could be 100% accurate and still prove guilt in other areas. Often you have to follow the money to find the truth.
This "very questionable" law was written and enacted after the "Teapot Dome" Scandal. (google it) Its purpose is to provide congress with the ability to investigate corruption at the highest levels of gov..
Again, if Trump is innocent, he has nothing to worry about.

Darkgael 04-11-2019 05:28 PM

tommyt 04-11-2019 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkgael (Post 2055875916)

Thank you
The Road of the Toad

tommyt 04-11-2019 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And he still came away @ 30+ million???????

Some may think interest??
NOT Me

Darkgael 04-11-2019 10:26 PM

Where did that figure of 30 milllion come from?

tommyt 04-12-2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkgael (Post 2055876082)
Where did that figure of 30 milllion come from?

That is what most want to Know
I also quoted wrong it’s 40+

https://www.businessinsider.com/bara...t-worth-2018-7
The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House in 2008 — here's how they spend their millions

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...yer-subsidies/

Their nine-bedroom mansion in Washington, D.C., cost $8.1 million dollars. And Forbes calculates their net worth at over $135 million.

Last year, Obama's luxury living sparked complaints from the left. In his first six months as ex-president, Obama went to: Marlon Brando's private island, a Palm Springs estate, Richard Branson's private island, an exclusive country club in Hawaii, Tuscany, and David Geffen's private yacht.

Let's be clear. Unlike leftists, we don't begrudge people their wealth, so long as it wasn't obtained illegally.

Bashing the Rich

But Barack Obama spent his entire political career bashing the rich.

In 2009, he called bonuses given out that year by top Wall Street firms — which averaged $112,000 — "the height of irresponsibility. It is shameful." (These are the folks who paid Obama $1.2 million last year for three speeches.)

Early in his first term, Obama capped pay at $500,000 for CEOs who took federal bailout money. He said he wanted to "take the air out of golden parachutes."

He declared that a provision of the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill, known as "say on pay," would start "restoring common sense to executive pay."

He complained about "executives being rewarded for failure."

Even now, as his net worth escalates, Obama still complains about the rich. At a speech in South Africa earlier this year, he said, "There's only so much you can eat. There's only so big a house you can have. There's only so many nice trips you can take."

His most famous line, however, came in a 2010 speech, when he went off script in remarks about financial reform to say: "I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."

While we don't care how much money Obama can make in the private sector, we do object to taxpayers subsidizing his already luxurious lifestyle.

Giving Back

So, here's a modest proposal for Barack Obama.

Since he's clearly "made enough money," why not give back the $207,800 that taxpayers fork over for his presidential pension each year?

And how about covering the cost of the many perks former presidents also get? Such as the $536,000 in office space that taxpayers are providing him. Or the cost of his lifetime Secret Service protection. Or his gold-plated health benefits. Or his staff, travel funds, and free postage.

The total cost to taxpayers of these benefits: More than $1 million a year.

Heck, all Obama would have to do is give 3 speeches and he'd more than cover that tab.

Some members of Obama's own party would cheer him for this act of public service.

A few years ago, Rep. Elijah Cummings co-sponsored a bipartisan bill that would have capped the money former presidents get at $400,000, and cut it by one dollar for every dollar they earned on top of that.

As Cummings put it: "Taxpayers should not have to pay for a former president's allowance if the former president is making a comfortable living earning more than $400,000 a year after leaving office."

Amen to that.

bugeye 04-12-2019 08:23 AM

tommyt, very good post.

ironglow 04-12-2019 09:10 AM

Did the Obamas pay for the fences/walls around their houses, or did WE pay for those things that "don't work" anyway ?

Darkgael 04-12-2019 09:57 PM

Fences and posts....the question seems to be rhetorical. I don’t know the answer. Do you?
In the context of the previous criticisms the question implies that yes we did,
Face it, fellows, your dislike for Obama is deep seated. He could do everything that you have suggested and you would still find fault with his actions.
And all of that has zero to do with Mr. Trump. It is a distraction; it is spin.... moving the focus from the man who matters to a man who doesn’t.
Pete

Darkgael 04-12-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Obama's luxury living sparked complaints from the left. In his first six months as ex-president, Obama went to: Marlon Brando's private island, a Palm Springs estate, Richard Branson's private island, an exclusive country club in Hawaii, Tuscany, and David Geffen's private yacht.
Oh, come on. The epitome of luxury living is the man in the White House,

NWBear 04-13-2019 11:24 AM

Back to the original post...
Perhaps the Treasury Secretary (and others) should also be mindful of the following:
US Code 26 Internal Revenue Service...Section 7214. Offenses by officers and employees of the United States:
"(a) Unlawful acts of revenue officers or agents
Any officer or employee of the United States acting in connection with any revenue law of the United States
(3) who with intent to defeat the application of any provision of this title fails to perform any of the duties of his office or employment; or
(8) who, having knowledge or information of the violation of any revenue law by any person, or of fraud committed by any person against the United States under any revenue law, fails to report, in writing, such knowledge or information to the Secretary; or
(9)...shall be dismissed from office or discharged from employment and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $10,000, or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

This will apply to NOT turning over the tax returns. We are a nation of Laws after all !!!

casull 04-13-2019 02:26 PM

"This will apply to NOT turning over the tax returns. We are a nation of Laws after all !!!"

Unless of course the law conflicts with other laws OR the Constitution. You might want to wait until this obscure law makes its way through the courts before you go making grand statements.

NWBear 04-13-2019 03:33 PM

The law requiring the taxes to be turned over dates back to 1924 so....

But I guess citing the law on the books instead of Fox News is suspect. :tango_face_surprise

casull 04-13-2019 03:42 PM

"The law requiring the taxes to be turned over dates back to 1924 so....

But I guess citing the law on the books instead of Fox News is suspect."

Who mentioned Fox News? It also seems that the law is pretty clear that the POTUS has authority over immigration, but that did not stop the courts from issuing injunctions against POTUS' travel bans . . . due to perceived INTENT. You think just maybe a judge might see the through the thin veil at the democrats' intent to use the tax returns as a political weapon?

NWBear 04-13-2019 04:03 PM

I am interested in where "the law is pretty clear that the POTUS has authority over immigration." Most (all) of the laws I see are established by Congress - not that that prohibits them from establishing the POTUS as authority, I just can't find it. Just curious.

Yes it is possible that the law may be challenged and overturned, but so far it is the law of the land (cited chapter and verse).

casull 04-13-2019 04:16 PM

"I am interested in where "the law is pretty clear that the POTUS has authority over immigration"

8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)
The government’s statutory case hinges primarily on 8 U.S.C. § 1182(f), which provides:
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

tommyt 04-13-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casull (Post 2055876890)
"I am interested in where "the law is pretty clear that the POTUS has authority over immigration"

8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)
The government’s statutory case hinges primarily on 8 U.S.C. § 1182(f), which provides:
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

Thank you

NWBear 04-14-2019 08:50 AM

Thanks

tendernut 04-14-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casull (Post 2055876890)

8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)

That statute has NOTHING to do with people seeking asylum. The only say a POTUS has in that area is his/her choice to sign or veto a bill on the subject.

tendernut 04-14-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWBear (Post 2055876752)
This will apply to NOT turning over the tax returns. We are a nation of Laws after all !!!

To Trump and his minions, our laws are only obeyed if they further their agenda. If they hinder their agenda, they trample all over them and scoff when people call them on it.

Caliente 04-14-2019 12:50 PM

Before it’s all over they’re going to want all the Trump’s tax returns.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...quiry.amp.html

Dee 04-14-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055877126)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NWBear (Post 2055876752)

To Trump and his minions, our laws are only obeyed if they further their agenda. If they hinder their agenda, they trample all over them and scoff when people call them on it.

Ain't that the truth! The Clintons and Obama were masters at that.
Maybe Barr is about to give all three of'em what they deserve. 🤗😉

tendernut 04-14-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055877132)
Ain't that the truth! The Clintons and Obama were masters at that.
Maybe Barr is about to give all three of'em what they deserve. 🤗😉

If they broke the law, indict them, try them, & if found guilty, sentence them. Will you say the same about Trump?

ironglow 04-14-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055877212)
If they broke the law, indict them, try them, & if found guilty, sentence them. Will you say the same about Trump?

That may happen sooner than you think !

So far as tax returns;

I am not interested in your tax returns, and I am not interested in Pelosi's or Bernie's tax returns either.

Nattering Nadler already knows that the president's tax returns have been scrutinized beyond imagination..since Obie's sweetie Lois Learner, was running a vengeful IRS during the run up to the election.

Perhaps we should "call a spade a spade".

The "resistance" wants the president's tax records so they can dig into them to find some way to raise doubt and cultivate lies.

They will search until they find some place in Mongolia or on the island nation of Tonga where he did business and perhaps records are not kept..

Then they will complain about some hotel bill or maybe they will say he didn't tip room service..anything to try to trash him.

The resistance will stoop to the lowest things...they would probably would pull a proctology exam on the president if they could.

They have promoted a big lie, based on a made-up, bogus report, bought and paid for by Hillary's very willing, "useful idiots".

Almost everybody on both sides already know the whining about tax records is merely another "fishing expedition', the only difference being, one side speaks of it openly, while the other side lies about it !

All the more a good reason for the president not to release them.

tommyt 04-14-2019 06:34 PM

IronGlow your letting the local worm imbed under your skin
The only medicine is "ignore"
It works every time

casull 04-14-2019 09:03 PM

"The only medicine is "ignore"
It works every time"

Exactly. It's foolproof, literally.

ironglow 04-15-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyt (Post 2055877278)
IronGlow your letting the local worm imbed under your skin
The only medicine is "ignore"
It works every time

Obviously, you and casull have a point there. Tender HAS to know most, if not all, of the points I posted in reply #71...he just pretends that he doesn't know.

Dee 04-15-2019 07:12 AM

Well, I know its true but, when either say something stupid, it's hard to pass up.
And it happens a lot. 🙊

ironglow 04-15-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 2055877440)
Well, I know its true but, when either say something stupid, it's hard to pass up.
And it happens a lot. 🙊

I know that feeling well, Dee ! It is indeed hard to pass up replying to gross stupidity..

bugeye 04-15-2019 10:02 AM

I quit replying some time ago.

Caliente 04-15-2019 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guess time as are different

tendernut 04-15-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caliente (Post 2055877796)
Guess time as are different

Because they know he's a crook just like we do and they're afraid that it will finally be proven. And it will be proven, I'm just not sure whether it'll be before or after he's gone. One thing is for sure, we're one day closer than we were yesterday.

tendernut 04-15-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055877232)
That may happen sooner than you think !

Fine, I actually meant that. It wasn't just lip service. If any of them are guilty of anything, lock them up. You never said that about your boy Trump though so how about it. If Trump is ever found guilty of breaking the law should he be locked up? Or do you think he's squeaky clean? LOL

ironglow 04-16-2019 06:22 AM

Be careful what you ask for...you may just get it !

https://nypost.com/2019/04/16/beto-o...e-report-says/

bugeye 04-16-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055877918)
Be careful what you ask for...you may just get it !

https://nypost.com/2019/04/16/beto-o...e-report-says/

He will not pay the $4,000........

Caliente 04-17-2019 01:00 PM

Only in America can you see the President’s wife naked but not his taxes

kinslayer1965 04-17-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caliente (Post 2055878534)

What a classy guy you are! What's wrong no more kids in your neighborhood to tease or torment?

CR

ironglow 04-17-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinslayer1965 (Post 2055878546)
What a classy guy you are! What's wrong no more kids in your neighborhood to tease or torment?

CR

He/she/it has probably tortured all the cats in the neighborhood..and poisoned all the squirrels...:tango_face_wink::tango_face_grin:

tendernut 04-17-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinslayer1965 (Post 2055878546)

CR

Whats the matter? Does the truth sting? BAHAHAHAHA

ironglow 04-17-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caliente (Post 2055878534)

Of course no such photos are out there. But I suppose you would rather see Michelle or Hillary as such...:tango_face_grin: :tango_face_crying:

Dee 04-17-2019 10:14 PM

1075 Attachment(s)
🤣Numbnuts, aka "Court Jester #1" and "Court Jester" are still tryin to make somethin outta nuthin. They both think they've found the crown jewel of dirt over and over, but its always petty stupid stuff that never mattered. 🤣

tendernut 04-17-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055878754)
Of course no such photos are out there. But I suppose you would rather see Michelle or Hillary as such...:tango_face_grin: :tango_face_crying:

You are 100% WRONG. Melania Trump posed for nude pictures and that is a FACT. Some of them are homosexual in nature. I would post them here to prove it but it would probably get me banned so I wont.
Don't believe it? Go to google images and type "Melania Trump nude" in the search box. They'll pop right up. And yes, I have done it but not for pornographic purposes. I wanted to know for sure whether nude photos of the the FLOTUS actually exist. They do.
I know y'all don't like it but that don't change the facts. LOL

tendernut 04-17-2019 11:01 PM

Something just dawned on me since I posted above. There are photos of the First Lady of the United States that could get a person banned from this site if they posted them here. Just think about that for a minute.
Can't say that about Michelle Obama. LOL

Dee 04-17-2019 11:16 PM

Well that is just a fascinating piece of decades old news.
That you numbnuts for that world changing tidbit.🤣

George Foster 04-18-2019 05:48 AM

By a lot of posts on this site I thought you all like to post decades old news, or is it only if it suits your purpose?

tendernut 04-18-2019 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055878830)
A couple years ago, I saw Melania in an interview, after some twit had accused her of nude photos. The interviewer had copies of the photos in question, which were not actually nude photos.

Melania said at that time that her photos were no more risqué than those in Sports Illustrated nothing suit. ...It's highly likely that she would know..

Decades ago, it was said that "photos don't lie"; but of course that is no longer feasible.

BTW: In spite of the immense hatred of her by the "resistance"..and the complete craziness of some of the left.. Apparently you think there is no chance any of them would alter any photos of Melania.

In the Buttjab case, we are not considering doubtful rumors or photos, but a perversion openly practiced and bragged about...

I find it hilarious that you deny the existence of something that everyone knows is true. The photos were published in MAX magazine in 1996 for Pete's sake. So you just keep deluding yourself and deny the truth. LOL
As for the rest of you that know this to be true, ol' Ironglow's denial is the reason for me bringing this up. Any time any of you deny the truth, I'm gonna call ya on it.

ironglow 04-18-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tendernut (Post 2055878836)
I find it hilarious that you deny the existence of something that everyone knows is true. The photos were published in MAX magazine in 1996 for Pete's sake. So you just keep deluding yourself and deny the truth. LOL
As for the rest of you that know this to be true, ol' Ironglow's denial is the reason for me bringing this up. Any time any of you deny the truth, I'm gonna call ya on it.

Yes, and Donald Trump "colluded with the Russians" too ..

Hate carries you a long way, doesn't it !

tendernut 04-18-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironglow (Post 2055878856)
Yes, and Donald Trump "colluded with the Russians" too ..

Hate carries you a long way, doesn't it !

Here we go again. When you can no longer deny the truth, what do you do? Pivot from the issue, point fingers, & make accusations. You sir, are a joke.

ironglow 04-18-2019 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=tendernut;2055878988]Here we go again. When you can no longer deny the truth, what do you do? Pivot from the issue, point fingers, & make accusations. You sir, are a joke.[/QUOTE

Hoping to leave the gutter, I was referring to the accusations of collusion...

Read the OP that started this thread.. and note..nattering Nadler is continuing beat the dead horse !