Trumps support for Israels contro over Golan hgts likely to piss off the UN. - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
I've thought for almost all of my life that the U.N. building should be made into a giant day care for real kids and the U.N. and it's delegates sent to the Netherlands, or at least San Francisco.
YEP, I vote YES on that. Get s out of rhe UN, and get them out of America. I've felt for many years that the UN in America was a huge spy force for the godless ones.

TM. President Trump is helping to do Gods word, osama did satans bidding .CHARLIE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:03 AM

"The US should never put itself in a position to lecture ANYONE on taking land from others... That is the essence of the pot calling the kettle black, we built this country on the premise of taking land by force!!! I'm not saying it was wrong just the fact that it was."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are some 195 countries in our world.. How about you name some that have never been taken by force at one time or another?

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:41 AM

From IG:
Quote:
There are some 195 countries in our world.. How about you name some that have never been taken by force at one time or another?
So that makes it right?
GuzziJohn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Dee

Ah, the duality of man. A pointless discussion of historical facts that cannot be changed, modified, or reversed.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:43 AM

Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence, (I conjure you to believe me fellow citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake; since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of Republican Government.

George Washington, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

Since the beginning of our country, America’s Founding Fathers warned of threats to liberty from foreign entanglements.
The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible… It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world.

We need to start practicing once again what they preached."IMHO"

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw_hunter View Post
Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence, (I conjure you to believe me fellow citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake; since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of Republican Government.

Since the beginning of our country, America’s Founding Fathers warned of threats to liberty from foreign entanglements.
The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible… It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world.

We need to start practicing once again what they preached."IMHO"

I agree with a great deal of this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzziJohn1 View Post
From IG:

So that makes it right?
GuzziJohn
No, but before we start a program of self flagellation, we should realize that our history is no worse and in most cases, far better than almost any other country.

I don't believe in trashing America, since our country was founded on far more noble principles than many others.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 01:20 PM

from NW Hunter;

"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence, (I conjure you to believe me fellow citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake; since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of Republican Government.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree with most of the above, but clearly we must keep pace with events and developments.

In 1796, we enjoyed a buffer zone on both our east and west coasts..with very little threat from lands to the north and the south.

Ships were the only way to cross in 1796.. At least a month to cross the Atlantic, and perhaps 2 months to cross the Pacific.

Today an ICBM can cross such a span in mere minutes..planes a bit longer. Nuclear armed submarines are constantly lurking just off our coasts.

...And our own planes can be used as weapons against us (RE: 9/11)

We must have forces deployed across the world, so "all our eggs are not in one basket".... ready to be smashed! All of this dispersion requires diplomacy and bold action.

If we had little or no contact with other nations, how would we be able to move such entities as Iran and North Korea with sanctions.

Sanctions only work if you can get other powers to agree with you!

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:14 PM

"So that makes it right?
GuzziJohn"

It makes it reality. I prefer to live in the real world.

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
No, but before we start a program of self flagellation, we should realize that our history is no worse and in most cases, far better than almost any other country.

I don't believe in trashing America, since our country was founded on far more noble principles than many others.
I wasn't advocating this. Just thought we should not say anything negative about others exercising "adverse possession".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page