Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues Discussion (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion.html)
-   -   Corey Booker wants "reparations". (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/194-political-issues-discussion/394148-corey-booker-wants-reparations.html)

ironglow 04-17-2019 09:46 PM

Corey Booker wants "reparations".

Corey Booker, candidate for president wantys reparations paid to descendants of slaves. He is a descendent of a slave...but he is also descended from Caucasians.

So I guess Corey can pay himself reparations...all he has to do is decide just how much and how soon.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/273...iel-greenfield

From the article;

[COLOR="Blue"But if we’re going to launch a commission to study slavery reparations, we should begin with Booker.
"I am descended from slaves and slave owners," Booker wrote in a campaign biography no one read.
Henry Louis Gates told Booker that his DNA is 45% European and 47% African. Should the privileged son of IBM executives write a check from the 45% of his DNA to the 47% of his DNA?
If Booker is entitled to reparations because a narrow 2% majority of his DNA is African, if 2% of his DNA shifted place, would he have to switch from cashing reparations checks to writing them?][/COLOR]

lgm270 04-19-2019 11:53 AM

Reparations is based on a racial caste system in which blacks are a superior race with a superior status as a "creditor race," and whites are a subordinate race as a "debtor race."

White people who never owned slaves OWE NOTHING to black people who never were slaves.

spruce 04-19-2019 02:48 PM

How about we send 47% of him back to his ancestor's homeland?

dcw 04-19-2019 03:31 PM

i would believe that

proving that one is a descendent of a slave would be very difficult to prove.

I also doubt such financial "repatriations" would be hard to get thru congress/senate.

will the recipients of repatriations be held responsible for damages caused by the riots and civil unrest caused by the issue?

corey booker, IMO, is a very poor legislator at best...

tommyt 04-19-2019 04:39 PM

Can anyone tell me if these slaves where vetted properly and got their Citizenship correctly
If whoever wants to dig up the past of times long gone we should do it in full circle.
If a man or woman are related to a demented killer but separated by 3 generations.
Should they be given the Electric Chair
Your overseas fighting for out country but your Brother the smuck here in the states
is robbing banks like Bonnie and Clyde, should you do the time

Yes I’m being arrogant but I think this whole thing including the taking down of monuments
Is WRONG
I can’t help feeling the Racist M Obama brought this all about.
She is hatful towards the U.S. If I had her money and feelings I’d be real far from U.S. soil.
JMHO

jeffg 04-19-2019 04:45 PM

That's fine. America wants five generations of welfare repaid.

tommyt 04-19-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffg (Post 2055879478)
That's fine. America wants five generations of welfare repaid.

Totally Agree

Dee 04-19-2019 07:05 PM

Well, being of Cherokee lineage, I want the Carolinas, and Tennessee back.🤗

ironglow 04-20-2019 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Being as my first progenitor was a Scots Highlander soldier, a POW, who Cromwell sent over here in 1652, and SOLD into indentured service... I think England owes me reperations.

...And how about any lands or homes he was robbed of in the highlands? Wait until Mrs May gets my letter! :tango_face_wink::tango_face_wink: :tango_face_grin:

Meanwhile, Cory Booker, see below: