This ain't the religious forum! - Page 26 - Graybeard Outdoors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #251 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,932
Default

[QUOTE=lloyd smale;2055889956]nope just some chap stick and vasoline and your good to go.
Must be what you take to confession with you so things go well with you and your priest... Maybe helps when your singing in the quire...
Mule 11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #252 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:08 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,709
Default

might just do that if I only knew what a "quire" was. Is that a texican word? [quote=Mule 11;2055891576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
nope just some chap stick and vasoline and your good to go.
Must be what you take to confession with you so things go well with you and your priest... Maybe helps when your singing in the quire...

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
lloyd smale is online now  
post #253 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:13 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,709
Default

now wheres that black pot and kettle!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Kinslayer the "Golden Rule" of Christianity only applies when certain Christians feel offended. They are very quick to point out anything they feel offensive, or out of line.
They on the other hand, sling out insults, innuendos, and snarky remarks that are "justified", thinking know one else notices.

i.e. YOU are being intolerant!
WE on the other hand are exercising our Christian rights.

Forget sometimes that one may have the right, but is it right to do it.

THEIR Salvation being more valid than ours.

Sadly some believe that. And it isn't just GS.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
lloyd smale is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #254 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:15 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,709
Default

another wise post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
Well CR, would you complain if I mentioned a Winchester rifle in the Remington forum. Or any other of common crossover topics that constantly wind through our discussion threads. I think not. I know Iíve never complained when a post of mine is hijacked by a different topic. I actually usually enjoy the discussion anyway.

See what I mean. I try to be tolerant of others opinions. But I probably wonít change my mind just because they donít agree with me.

And yes since Bill sold the site post count pays the bill Iím told.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
lloyd smale is online now  
post #255 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 706
Default

neckisred is offline  
post #256 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:34 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,709
Default

Quote:
If there really was a distaste for "every thing religion" in any political forum thread, then I suspect there would be fewer posters in that thread. Just saying...
don't you find it odd that the one that started this mess is himself a moderator on a religious section of this fourm? No doubt a very empty church but there non the less. Maybe hes just angry because nobody is comfortable with his rules in his section. I agree with you. There can be no separation of religion and politics. Where one goes so does the other. It was the reason people settled in this country and organized governments. The three biggest principles this country were found on were freedom of religion, freedom of speech and government free of tyranny. Sorry but mixing religion and politics is as American as apple pie. Only an atheist, liberal or socialist would want it any different. If you want it that way move to Russia!! . You don't want politics and religion mixed. I guess your not cheering today about the assault our president is helping make on the baby killers of this country. Thank you governor Ivey for having the balls to mix religion and politics. Seems the residents of AL, MO and new states every day are standing up and saying they WANT religion in there politics.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 05-16-2019 at 06:37 AM.
lloyd smale is online now  
post #257 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:45 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
I personally think the whole thread is quite humorous, seems to be quite a few Trolls that are supposedly conservative, religious people. But then I don't really care, I come here to read about guns and hunting but those posts have been very lacking in the past quite a few years.
George if t a troll is conservative and chirstian I would wear the title proudly. But then unlike some I come here for the guns too and my only posts aren't in the religion and politics fourms. Want a rule to weed out the trolls. Make it that you cant post in those sections unless you have at least a 200 post count. But I know that cant happen because this fourm isn't only about hunting and the outdoors. theres actually as many sections not about those things as about them. If this one bothers you do yourself a big favor and stay out of the snake pit they call the religion sections. this is tame compared to what ive seen there. Guys actually run right off the fourm because they worship in a different way or aren't in the southern protestant white boys club.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
lloyd smale is online now  
post #258 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:48 AM
Moderator
 
lloyd smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Munising MI
Posts: 20,709
Default

Lets be honest, theres more then 10! Maybe your wife??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
If I wasn't so lazy I'd count the posts that were about the ACTUAL TOPIC. But I am.🤭

I'm guessing there weren't that many. 🤗

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
lloyd smale is online now  
post #259 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:26 AM
Senior Member
 
bugeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Soon to be elsewhere.
Posts: 18,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
don't you find it odd that the one that started this mess is himself a moderator on a religious section of this fourm? No doubt a very empty church but there non the less. Maybe hes just angry because nobody is comfortable with his rules in his section. I agree with you. There can be no separation of religion and politics. Where one goes so does the other. It was the reason people settled in this country and organized governments. The three biggest principles this country were found on were freedom of religion, freedom of speech and government free of tyranny. Sorry but mixing religion and politics is as American as apple pie. Only an atheist, liberal or socialist would want it any different. If you want it that way move to Russia!! . You don't want politics and religion mixed. I guess your not cheering today about the assault our president is helping make on the baby killers of this country. Thank you governor Ivey for having the balls to mix religion and politics. Seems the residents of AL, MO and new states every day are standing up and saying they WANT religion in there politics.
I totally agree with this post.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
bugeye is online now  
post #260 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!
Posts: 1,386
Default

I am a 243 Winchester nut! I have built a bunch of them and have talked about them on several internet forums. One thing that I have come to expect and usually within the first 5 posts is some guy that says I should have done my build on a 6.5 Creedless...I mean moor. Start talking about hunting deer with a 375 Winchester and you hear why that old dead and buried cartridge...get yourself a 450 Bushwhacker or a 350 Legend. In every case they are going to to tell you the why behind their thinking. For about half of us or more here the why behind our thinking on politics is our religious beliefs and they can't be separated.

Seems funny that no one ever complains when politics enter into the discussion on the religion forum and they have.

Kinslayer, I do see your point. Nobody needs to start a religious thread on the political forum nor do they need to rub your nose in it. However if most of our political values are based on our faith then either we need to be tolerated to a degree or the people of faith need to just be banned from the political forum. While we are at it lets take prayer out of schools, God out of the pledge, Bibles out of motels......heck lets just do away with religion all together.

This country would be far better off if we did away with politics altogether and clung to our religion.
gpa&hisguns is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome