This ain't the religious forum! - Page 29 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I wouldn’t say that I disagree. I believe that my religious beliefs inform my political beliefs but don’t define them.
we are a bit different. My religious beliefs define everything I do on earth. they sure define my political beliefs. If they didn't id be a part time Christian. Like saying my religious beliefs sure informed me im wrong, but I can be bought under the right circumstances. Me? I don't share much in common with jewish lesbians. Surely not political beliefs. I believe in Jesus Christ and believe homosexuality is a heinous sin.

Separate politics from religious? then why are most of us conservatives fighting so hard politically to end abortion, get prayer back in schools, get god back in our government??? You want your kids going to a gender neutral high school??? Religion is THE biggest difference between us and the liberals. Now they threw God out of religion. Hows that working for them? My take on all of this is if anything we need to put more religion back into politics. Its been sorely lacking since the 60s. IM SURE not going to stand idly by while some want to separate it even more. Not even on an internet fourm.

I can just imagine what some here would have said if I went on the religion forum and said that we need to separate politics and religion. What if I said the governor of Alabama had no right to pass a law banning abortion. Because that's a moral issue better handled by the churches and doesn't effect the operation of her state so her time would be better spent improving roads ect. Same guys cheering it here would be TRYING to tear me apart there. Including the guy that started this hornets nest. Well id shake that governors had for having the guts to stand up for her religions beliefs. Im sure you could get Nancy Pelosi to back you up on this separation of religion and politics though

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 05-17-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:08 AM

Lloyd, well since you wanted to quote me I will tell you. When I joined this site however many years ago it was hunting and shooting site and that is why I joined. I can remember one time when you made a political statement in a gun related discussion and I said something to you about keeping politics out of it and you told me if Bill had a problem with it he would tell you as he had before. Another time I said something how nothing was being posted anymore about guns or hunting and you told it was the wrong time of the year. Well apparently there is no right time of the year as the only activity on this site for quite sometime has been Politics and whether you like it or not the site is imploding. But as you said if I don't like it stay out which I am going to do, no problem.

Good Shooting,
George
post #283 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Dee

A little surprised that folks did post their views on both sides, some not posting them before.

Some want to play the topic off as a non issue, but it obviously is an issue.

Was anything solved?
I think so, as both moderator, and Bill have stated their views on the mixing of the two.

The rules are there, and it is preferable that they be followed, as I understood them.

Will they be? Not likely.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
we are a bit different. My religious beliefs define everything I do on earth. they sure define my political beliefs. If they didn't id be a part time Christian. Like saying my religious beliefs sure informed me im wrong, but I can be bought under the right circumstances. Me? I don't share much in common with jewish lesbians. Surely not political beliefs. I believe in Jesus Christ and believe homosexuality is a heinous sin.

Separate politics from religious? then why are most of us conservatives fighting so hard politically to end abortion, get prayer back in schools, get god back in our government??? You want your kids going to a gender neutral high school??? Religion is THE biggest difference between us and the liberals. Now they threw God out of religion. Hows that working for them? My take on all of this is if anything we need to put more religion back into politics. Its been sorely lacking since the 60s. IM SURE not going to stand idly by while some want to separate it even more. Not even on an internet fourm.

I can just imagine what some here would have said if I went on the religion forum and said that we need to separate politics and religion. What if I said the governor of Alabama had no right to pass a law banning abortion. Because that's a moral issue better handled by the churches and doesn't effect the operation of her state so her time would be better spent improving roads ect. Same guys cheering it here would be TRYING to tear me apart there. Including the guy that started this hornets nest. Well id shake that governors had for having the guts to stand up for her religions beliefs. Im sure you could get Nancy Pelosi to back you up on this separation of religion and politics though

And people wonder why church attendance is down year after year. Reading the above post I now know that **** is apparently somewhere in Texas as that is where the devil lives. I also learned that if you disagree with the content of the post you must be a liberal, pro abortion Pelosi fan. Just out of curiosity what is the dividing line between a regular everyday sin and a "heinous sin"?

CR

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
post #285 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. When you eliminate GOD, you are telling folks that the left is at least partly right.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #286 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graybeard View Post
Perhaps you are right, maybe it is time for me to weigh in on the matter. Your idea of the "spirit of the law" rather than the "letter of the law" is really at the heart of the matter.

Yes it was my intention when I wrote that rule that religious discussion take place on the forums set up for that purpose. That is still my desire.

But realistically in the world we live in today you cannot completely and totally separate religion and politics. The two have become so deeply intertwined that many topics if discussed in depth require some discussion of both.

It is also true that I no longer own the site and so I confess I act a bit differently now that I am not the owner. So long as I chose to remain the administrator of the site in charge of actions and words between member, moderators and admin then I feel a fiduciary responsibility to the site owners to try to help them make the site profitable. When I owned it page views wasn't important to me cuz that wasn't how I got paid by advertisers.

But it is how VS gets paid so my fiduciary responsibility to them is to try to maximize page views within my limited ability to affect that. So yes from my perspective threads like this that go on and on and get loads of posts and page views is good and healthy for the site.

I'd rather see things go back to how they were when I set it up. That we talk about guns and hunting and shooting and other outdoor related issues. I know I don't start many of those conversations. I don't hunt anymore and don't shoot very much these days either so don't have much current involvement to talk about.

So by way of clarification of what I expect in relation to the rule of religion on that forum and politics on that forum here is my position.

I'm gonna name names, well name to be more exact. Goodshot is the name. What he does, which by the way, is to make every post about religion and nothing else is wrong. I have spoken to him of this before and asked him to tone it down. He did a little while then was back to his old ways. More specifically every single post he makes to this site no matter the subject of the thread is of a religious nature. Ask if you should buy a Remington or a Winchester and his response will be to tell you how to save your soul according to his beliefs.

So why haven't I put any end to it even if it means banning him? Well frankly cuz I'm a CHRISTian and am thus loath to curtain discussion of salvation. Still I do NOT agree with the way he and some others try to turn everything into a lesson on religion.

If we are discussing a topic that is one of those where separation is difficult then some crossover is expected and I don't disapprove of that. I do disapprove of trying to twist every topic into a discussion of religion on other than the forums established for that. Same for politics. Some just can't be discussed without addressing both topics.

I've been watching this thread closely and have read each post. I have stayed out of it for the most part and let the moderator here deal with it rather than interjecting myself into it which is how I handle all forums which have moderators for the most part. Richard has removed darn few posts and I agreed with his decision on those.

So bottom line is this:

The rules against personal attacks and name calling are more important to me than the rule of no religion on the political forum and vice versa. Would I prefer crossover between the two areas to be minimized? Yes for sure. And I guess it is past time I again step up and remove posts which try to turn every subject into a religious discussion.

He is not advocating the complete removal of God from the other forums. He just wants some common sense used do not let it turn into preaching or chastising. That of course is only my opinion what Bill was trying to say in the above post.

CR

post #287 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:29 AM

Well Congress does say a prayer before an opening session. But this time Pelosi let a Muslim lead it.
If that's any indication of where we are going. In Islam that religion is the government and the law
of the land.
post #288 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:34 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with this post. When you eliminate GOD, you are telling folks that the left is at least partly right.
I canít understand how this conclusion can be reached from the conversation on this thread. No one has advocated eliminating God from the forum or discussions. How is it an all or none thing?
post #289 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecanoe View Post
I canít understand how this conclusion can be reached from the conversation on this thread. No one has advocated eliminating God from the forum or discussions. How is it an all or none thing?

Exactly! Well put LC!

CR

post #290 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Dee

In this discussion religion trump's everything.
You either agree, or you're wrong.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page