This ain't the religious forum! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Dee

Default This ain't the religious forum!

It's gettin more, and more prevalent here.
Folks bringing religion here instead of where it belongs.
What's with some of you guys?
Are you not getting the attention over there you think you should, so your bringing over here?

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:53 AM

Amen.

History in the making
MAGA
no longer just a political campaign theme/promise.
It is Reality 👍
post #3 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:13 AM

This is exactly why our nation is in such a mess. Folks try to take Our faith in God out of everything except the church. If you are a believer in Christ then he is in everything you do. If Christians will vote their conscience and repent for the sins of our nation perhaps God will hear our prayers and help our nation. I don’t see how a believer cannot share his faith wherever he goes.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:47 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
This is exactly why our nation is in such a mess. Folks try to take Our faith in God out of everything except the church. If you are a believer in Christ then he is in everything you do. If Christians will vote their conscience and repent for the sins of our nation perhaps God will hear our prayers and help our nation. I don’t see how a believer cannot share his faith wherever he goes.
That can be a blessing and a problem. For some, bearing witness at all times is the fabric of their life. For others, as true in their faith as the former, preaching to the choir is unnecessary and wearing. Scripture exhorts the faithful to bear witness. Does that mean with every breath? Did Christ not talk about other things? One wonders. His ministry is documented to a degree....not every moment though. Christ had no Bosworth. There were many more suppers before the last one. What did they talk about? If Christ was truly a carpenter, what was he like in the shop? what did he do and say as a teenager? No way to know.
My wife has a friend, a fellow that she has known since early grammar school. Career military, we attended his retirement at Ft. Leonard Wood more than twenty years ago. Stayed in his home. He went to full time ministry upon retirement and often stayed in our home when he came to NYC to "street witness". He is a very nice, very dedicated man. He has the best of intentions.
She no longer talks to him. There was no scene. No horrible falling out. Why then?
Because he does not talk about anything else other than his calling and his work.
Churchill's definition of a fanatic comes to mind - at least part of it - "a person who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." The word fanatic is perhaps a bit strong and has negative connotations that do not apply and no one asked Bill to change his mind. He could at least change the subject.... but he can't.
Many of us, on these fora, have been posting for years. We can pretty much predict what so-and-so is going to post if it at all touches on politics or religion (often together). Is this bad? No.
Often, maybe always, posts are a way of venting the spleen. If someone is disliked, though, he is called a troll. If he is a long time contributor, he is not. Venting the spleen here is often a way of preaching to the choir...feel good...atta boy.
Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...

Last edited by Darkgael; 05-10-2019 at 08:03 AM.
post #5 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:23 AM

I'm on Dee's side in this. Some here, and I am sure they mean well, go overboard with their faith. One can be a good christian and not make every post into a sermon as one member almost always does. You can live your faith without having to put it in someone's face constantly.

My wife's older brother and his first wife split after several years and both were not shining examples of marriage although the wife was the one that split for another man. Several years later she became saved or so she said and had to shove it down everyone's throat constantly. We hadn't taken any sides in her and her husband's problems and remained on a friendly basis with her but we finally told her enough was enough. She took the slightly less than gentle hint and we have remained friendly because she did.

Last edited by oldandslow; 05-10-2019 at 08:25 AM.
post #6 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Dee

Forums have rules, guidelines , formats, ect.
It would seem to me that a Christian would be ready, willing, and able to follow all three, for the simple reason that he is a Christian.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
post #7 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:41 AM

Bill has already told some of the moderators that we can move or delete those sermon post that are in the wrong forum if we want to. He said religion has its place and there are two other forums for that.
And he told me the Science/SciFi forum ain't it. I'm sure he feels the same way about this one and the
other forums also.

He left it to the moderators own discretion.

Last edited by Argent11; 05-10-2019 at 10:52 AM.
post #8 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:54 AM

Man is a complex creature..mind, body and spirit. Mentally, he/she is an individual composed of intellect, experience, training and environment.
Most people are not so simple as to be single dimension persons. Most are more integrated and complex than that!

Who here wishes to declare themselves a "single dimension" person?

In other forums here, we may start talking about deer hunting for instance...and end up discussing the merits of a 30/30 vs a .243 Win.

Or we may begin a discussion about a Jeep and end up discussing that cabin way back off the regular trail.

Yet, rarely do we hear great outrage when we mix metaphors or subjects there, Why is that?

I would rather the preaching were held to the religious forum and would encourage all to do that.

That being said, some are starting to sound like the Democrats who say one's faith should be confined within the walls of their church building !

Should we start whining whenever we see any thread to begin wandering? That stuff can become tiresome very quickly..

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 05-10-2019 at 11:00 AM.
post #9 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Dee

By golly we're gonna violate the forum rules whether anybody likes it or not.

We're christians and we can do what we want, anywhere we want!😡

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
post #10 of 320 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:50 PM

I wish I had a head shake emoji. I would use a few of them now. I consider myself a Christian but I don't have to inform everyone on this forum of it constantly. In fact I consider it my business and mine alone. I know none of you personally and have absolutely no interest in espousing my beliefs to you and am not interested in yours religion wise. If and when I become curious I would prefer to to go to the religious forum to see them. I believe each forum should be basically business at hand, not trying to prove your religious beliefs to each and all.

I feel better now having got that off my chest but don't really expect to see anything different happening because of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page