Principal barred from sayng God bless America. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Default Principal barred from sayng God bless America.

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/scho.../09/id/915269/

Pennsylvania School Principal Forbidden From Saying 'God Bless America'

god bless america displayed with a sketch of a u.s. flag

(Fotolia)

By Zoe Papadakis | Thursday, 09 May 2019.

An elementary school principal in Pennsylvania is being forced to stop saying "God Bless America" in school halls after receiving a complaint accusing him of violating the law.

The Springfield School District confirmed on Friday that a parent had lodged a complaint against Peter Brigg, the principal of Sabold Elementary School, who would routinely say the phrase after citing the Pledge of Allegiance over the loudspeaker, Fox News reported.

In response, an attorney from the Freedom From Religion Foundation issued a letter to the district noting that by publicly saying "God Bless America," Brigg was in direct violation of the U.S. Constitution's prohibition of government sponsoring religious messages.

The district released a statement Friday explaining that it had put an end to the practice and that Brigg would no longer say "God Bless America" after reciting the pledge,

"Continuation of any practices that may be unlawful would only expose the District to litigation, which the local taxpayers would have to financially support," the statement read.

To be clear, the District has not altered the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance and has not prohibited students from deciding on their own, as their own form of self-expression, whether or not to state the words, "God Bless America" (or any other appropriate form of self-expression) upon completing the Pledge of Allegiance."

The district urged parents to understand that it was not making the decisions, but simply following the law.

Read Newsmax: Pennsylvania School Principal Forbidden From Saying 'God Bless America' | Newsmax.com
Urgent: Do you approve of Pres. Trump? Vote Here in Poll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:27 PM

I don't believe that to be the law OR the intent of the law.

If it's not listed in the curriculum it's a personal opinion and is NOT being taught.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Just another worthless opinion!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:40 PM

To be government sponsored, the principal would have to be an elected official, which he is NOT.
To me, this sounds like another case of an idiot parent wanting 15 minutes of fame, or wanting to GET someone because of race or some imagined slight.

Totally asinine.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:43 PM

tell them I said to kiss a old fat man's ass.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatercat View Post
tell them I said to kiss a old fat man's ass.

Sounds good to me. If I were a student at that school I would say out loud after ever Pledge of Allegiance "God Bless America" just for pure cussedness and to let everyone know I didn't agree with what was done.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
Sounds good to me. If I were a student at that school I would say out loud after ever Pledge of Allegiance "God Bless America" just for pure cussedness and to let everyone know I didn't agree with what was done.
AGREED. I like the way you think Sir. CHARLIE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page