Illinois Republicans consider push to separate Chicago from state - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
 
OldSchoolRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I used to have trucks running weekly from DFW to Chicago O'hare.
Two had NRA decals on the driver's vent window.
An Illinois State Trooper whom had stopped me for inspection, advised me to remove it, as it could be used for probable cause to search.
Being retired LE caused me to doubt that, but it wasn't worth the hassle given Illinois gun laws.
It was about 80 miles into Illinois coming out of Missouri.
I had already dropped out of NRAs racket anyway
I'm also a former LEO, the NRA decal by itself couldn't be used as probable cause for a search.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
OldSchoolRanger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:19 AM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 20,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolRanger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I used to have trucks running weekly from DFW to Chicago O'hare.
Two had NRA decals on the driver's vent window.
An Illinois State Trooper whom had stopped me for inspection, advised me to remove it, as it could be used for probable cause to search.
Being retired LE caused me to doubt that, but it wasn't worth the hassle given Illinois gun laws.
It was about 80 miles into Illinois coming out of Missouri.
I had already dropped out of NRAs racket anyway
I'm also a former LEO, the NRA decal by itself couldn't be used as probable cause for a search.
I couldn't see it either but, I could see the potential for being hassled going into Chicago.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is online now  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,209
Default

Well being former law enforcement Iím sure you could find some form of probable cause..,
Mule 11 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Alabama
Posts: 4,785
Default

My stepson lived in Illinois. The state outside Chicago is conservative. They all hated Chicago running the state. I've seen this in Northern California wanting to succeed from California, called the state of Franklin. Upstate New York is the same way. They don't like NYC running the state. If the conservative parts of liberal states voted to break off and start their own state, conservatives would gain more senate seats. Eastern and western Oregon and Washington feel the same. Large cities on the coast run the states. Big cities are cesspools. High crime, etc.

If you took the 5 largest cities in America out, America would have to lowest murder rate of any western nation.
Dixie Dude is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:38 PM
Senior Member
 
OldSchoolRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
Well being former law enforcement Iím sure you could find some form of probable cause..,
You looking for a legal "probable cause, or a "BS" type probable cause? Sure, if I followed you around for an hour or so while your driving, I probably can find a legitimate reason. But the decal itself, kinda shaky, could possibly lead to a lawsuit nowdays, especially with body cams.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
OldSchoolRanger is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:39 PM
Senior Member
 
OldSchoolRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dude View Post
My stepson lived in Illinois. The state outside Chicago is conservative. They all hated Chicago running the state. I've seen this in Northern California wanting to succeed from California, called the state of Franklin. Upstate New York is the same way. They don't like NYC running the state. If the conservative parts of liberal states voted to break off and start their own state, conservatives would gain more senate seats. Eastern and western Oregon and Washington feel the same. Large cities on the coast run the states. Big cities are cesspools. High crime, etc.

If you took the 5 largest cities in America out, America would have to lowest murder rate of any western nation.
100% correct!

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
OldSchoolRanger is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:54 AM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 20,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casull View Post
"A laughable stunt. Somebody trying to get attention.
Illinois owns Chicago in every way.
Chicago may be a shooting gallery, but the whole state is just as liberal with very small exceptions here and there."








You're wrong on that. It's the other way around. The Chicago area owns the state. I lived there for 45 years and can tell you outside the Chicago metro area, the state is definitely more red than blue.
After a little more "lite research" I found this out.

You were right, I wasn't. 🙈

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is online now  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Senior Member
 
RaySendero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: US South
Posts: 1,344
Gun Cabinet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dude View Post
..... I've seen this in Northern California wanting to succeed from California, .....

That's an interesting thought,:
From Sacramento,
West and South of US5, US210,
and US10 to the Arizona border.


So anyone with some constructional law knowledge;
I knew its been done years ago, What would it take now the split a state in 2 ???
State ballot referendum?
State lawmaker vote majority (or 2/3s)?
Governor signature?
Would US HR and Senate vote and POTUS signature be necessary?
ALL of the above.


I know its not likely, But what would be the full process now?
or Democrats just make-up their own rules?

Ray
RaySendero is online now  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Dee
Moderator
 
Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 20,922
Default

I don't know about California Ray, but when Texas joined the Union, it reserved the right to withdraw at anytime, and the United States AGREED.
It also reserved the right to divide itself into 5 states. Once again the United States AGREED.
All of this was in writing.

Needless to say, Lincoln, and the United States government reneged on the withdrawal portion.

Chicago, New York City, LA, and other large cities, have grown so big a large part of their populations having "totally different life goals" than more rural area populations.
Houston, Austin, and perhaps Dallas, are becoming very liberal.
The attitudes in my area, compared with say Austin, are night and day.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Dee is online now  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
RaySendero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: US South
Posts: 1,344
Gun Cabinet
Default

Didn't know that about Texas. So the federal government had last say!?


I realize its more theoretical, but was just wondering what the process would look like now.

Ray
RaySendero is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome