Deputy who refused to enter Parkland school during massacre arrested. - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:47 PM

If he was ordered to stand down . He just got a load of poop dumped on him from the higher ups .I had a boss like that. Anything that went wrong , you d get hung out to dry .

Last edited by mcbammer; 06-05-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:28 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinslayer1965 View Post
I bet most of us would like to think we would have advanced into the building and engaged the shooter. Unless you have experienced that situation before I do not know how you cold say definitively what you would have done. Talk is talk and bullets flying puts a different light on any situation. I have had a gun pointed at me on two occasions and I gotta tell you I was not feeling particularly brave either time.

CR
Facing death is facing death whether it's bullets flying , a knife stuck at your throat or you are facing a surgery where the odds aren't in your favor. I do not fear death in the least! It has been put to the test!
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa&hisguns View Post
Facing death is facing death whether it's bullets flying , a knife stuck at your throat or you are facing a surgery where the odds aren't in your favor. I do not fear death in the least! It has been put to the test!

Ok let me rephrase.....I cannot say for sure what I would have done in that situation. I would like to think that I would have charged in and killed the shooter. I just cant make a guarantee. You apparently have faced that kind of situation before and know how you would react.

I will say this...making a decision to have surgery that the odds aren't in your favor is nothing like making a decision to charge into a building with an active shooter in my opinion. You are having that surgery in all probability to save your life. It is not the same. It is no doubt a difficult choice but not the same.

CR

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinslayer1965 View Post
I bet most of us would like to think we would have advanced into the building and engaged the shooter. Unless you have experienced that situation before I do not know how you cold say definitively what you would have done. Talk is talk and bullets flying puts a different light on any situation. I have had a gun pointed at me on two occasions and I gotta tell you I was not feeling particularly brave either time.

CR
Well you weren't feelin particularly brave because you apparently have a firm grasp on reality, and mortality.

I actually have rushed, and disarmed several killers (active shooters), but it wasn't done movie star style, employing tombstone courage.

I assessed the situation and put them on the defensive. i.e. they never saw it coming.

None anywhere near the scale of officer Peterson's situation, or enviorment, and I was about 15 years younger than Officer Peterson, and no doubt better trained.

But I won't judge him, cause I don't have all the facts, and I wasn't there.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:52 PM

Gun Cabinet

None of us can say for sure what we would have done in the same situation easy to say, I would have done this or that, most of us have never been in the same type of situation. Very easy to Monday morning quarter back but placed in the same situation I would say we would have stepped up and done what we had to do at that time and place. Lot of us are veterans and most of us had some combat training but you still have second thoughts for a moment when bullets start flying but then the training kicks in. From all reports the fellow stayed outside for 48 minutes and told others not to go in but none of us were there we do not have the facts and I think the fellow is just a scape goat to please people but time will tell. One of the biggest problems we have today is the fellow will be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion long before he ever gets his day in court.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Default Coral Springs PD

Those Coral Springs guys earned their pay that day.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - When Coral Springs police officer Gil Monzon arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School minutes after a gunman unleashed a massacre that killed 17, he says he found two Broward County sheriff's deputies in the parking lot.

He asked for the shooter's location, and was told they didn't know, but he could see a body next to the freshman building at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, and bullet marks in its third-floor windows. He said in reports released Monday that he and three other Coral Springs officers immediately went to the building, checked the body and then entered, where they immediately found a victim standing against a wall and then falling to the floor.

The four pages written by three officers detail what they found when they arrived at the Feb. 14 shooting that also left 17 wounded. They corroborate earlier reports that the first Broward deputies at the scene failed to enter the building to confront the gunman and assist the wounded.

Officer Tim Burton, the first on-duty Coral Springs officer to arrive, grabbed his rifle and was directed toward the freshman building, where he found Deputy Scot Peterson, the school's security officer, taking cover behind a concrete column.

He said Peterson told him he had not heard any shots for several minutes, but to watch his back, that the shooter might be in the parking lot.

Peterson would soon retire from his deputy job under criticism from Sheriff Scott Israel, who said he should have immediately entered the building to find the killer. Parents, meanwhile, speculated that victims on the third floor could have survived had first responders reached them more quickly: Ryan Petty, whose daughter Alaina died in the attack, tweeted over the weekend, "6 on the 3rd may have lived if anyone had gone in."

Monzon said that after dragging the victim who collapsed out of the building, he and three other officers went back inside.

"The hallway was quiet and full of thick smoke from gunfire," he wrote. They found a female hiding in an office and led her outside.

By then, another team of Coral Springs officers entered the building from the other side, so to avoid accidentally firing at each other, Monzon and his team moved to the second floor, where they found students and teachers hiding in classrooms. Still unsure if the gunman was in the building, they left survivors locked in classrooms and moved to the third floor, where Monzon said he "encountered several deceased students throughout the hall." He was then sent to help clear a nearby building.

On Friday, the Broward Sheriff's Office released its own reports from deputies, including one who sped four miles from another school and joined Coral Springs officers searching the freshman building. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement also is preparing a report on the overall law enforcement response.

https://www.wbrz.com/news/reports-po...chool-shooting

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.
post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

If he wasn't hired to protect the students, why was he hired??CHARLIE??????
post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEACONLLB View Post
None of us can say for sure what we would have done in the same situation easy to say, I would have done this or that, most of us have never been in the same type of situation. Very easy to Monday morning quarter back but placed in the same situation I would say we would have stepped up and done what we had to do at that time and place. Lot of us are veterans and most of us had some combat training but you still have second thoughts for a moment when bullets start flying but then the training kicks in. From all reports the fellow stayed outside for 48 minutes and told others not to go in but none of us were there we do not have the facts and I think the fellow is just a scape goat to please people but time will tell. One of the biggest problems we have today is the fellow will be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion long before he ever gets his day in court.

Deaconllb
It seems he already has by watching the news.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
If he wasn't hired to protect the students, why was he hired??CHARLIE??????
^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^

History in the making
MAGA
no longer just a political campaign theme/promise.
It is Reality 👍
post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^
How does one man protect 2000 students , against a man on a mission to kill . with the advantage of surprise .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page