Graybeard Outdoors banner

The supremes reject aetheists suit to remove GOD from our money, satan lost.

4K views 54 replies 10 participants last post by  RaySendero 
#1 ·
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-money-atheists-god

Supreme Court rejects atheists' attempt to scrub 'In God We Trust' off US currency

Caleb ParkeBy Caleb Parke | Fox News

Remember why our money says 'In God We Trust'

Kelly Wright on why he feels we as a nation are in need of some encouragement

Show me the motto.

The Supreme Court rejected an atheist case Monday to remove "In God We Trust," the national motto, from all coins and currency from the Department of Treasury.

Michael Newdow, the same activist attorney who tried to remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance, lost his case, arguing Congress' mandate to inscribe "In God We Trust" on currency was a government endorsement of religion and a violation of the First Amendment.

SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION GRAPPLES WITH SEX ABUSE, WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP AHEAD OF ANNUAL MEETING

Newdow argued in his petition to the Supreme Court that because his clients are all atheist individuals or atheist groups, the government violated their "sincere religious belief" that there is no God and turned them into "political outsiders" by placing the phrase "In God We Trust" on their money.

Teen fights to keep 'Under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance
Video

The justices rejected his petition without comment.

CALIFORNIA WIDOW, 86, SAYS SHE WAS EVICTED FOR SHARING HER FAITH

The phrase was first put on an American coin in 1864, due to "increased religious sentiment." It was added to both coins and paper bills in 1955.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Newdow also tried to silence prayer and any religious references at the inaugurations of President George W. Bush and President Barack Obama.

Caleb Parke is an associate editor for FoxNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter @calebparke

See less See more
#44 ·
Everyone,

Dear Lord, YWYH,
We pray to you in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ.
Pete, Darkgael, is lost even saying he doesn't believe in YWYH, Jesus Your Son and Your Holy Spirit.

We pray that You will Place in Pete's mind mental visions of Jesus Christ who died so that Pete could be saved.
We pray that You will place in Pete's heart Your calling to draw Pete to Your will for him to accept Your Son, Jesus Christ as his Savior.
We pray that Pete will pray to You for his salvation.
Amen.

#47 ·
Ray I'm with you on the prayer for Pete.
My saying I wasn't gonna discuss "Christianity" with him on forums, is a far cry from sayin I'm no longer praying for him.😉

#49 ·
Now that’s a lot better way to handle the situation. IMO. Agreed on the prayer.

My wife’s niece that we have been praying for years for has just in the last couple of weeks recieved Christ as her lord and savior and started attend a full gospel church in NYC.

#52 ·
Matthew 18:16
But if he will not hear you, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Matthew 18:21-22
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till 7 times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, 7 times: but, 70 times 7.

Verses -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 10:14
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city,

Luke 9:5
And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city,

Mark 6:11

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them.
Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Charlie, Pastorp, Here's how I try to come to grips with those verses above:
The first group is about forgiving.
The second group is about spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
And I do believe there's power in 2 and 3 Christians gathered together.

I can't forgive the sins of the world nor can I save the world - That's God's and Jesus' Job.
I can, however, witness to and pray for those that cross my path.

I do think at some point you stop witnessing to some that refusing to listen.
But, doesn't mean you stop praying for them.

My brother told me a story where he stopped witnessing to an atheist that absolutely would not listen.
Yet Bro kept running into him over and over and over.
Out of courtesy, Bro asked him how he was doing.
Atheist said "weird" cause ever time they would cross paths,
He would get these mental pictures of Jesus Christ.

So I also believe God works in mysterious ways that are way beyond us.

#53 ·
RAY. I am dying of heart disease and emphysema, I won't waste any more time on people who have rejected JESUS CHRIST for so many years while there are so many other folks that are open minded. BTW. My godless niece left islam, then joined another cult. YES keep on working on Pete. My duty to him is done, I did what I was told. CHARLIE.

#54 ·
Well it looks like we've given up on our money logo issue, in order to save Pete.

But, Pete says he don't need saving so I'm going back to saving my money logo.🤗👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.