Mexico has deployed 15,000 troops to the border, is stopping the invaders. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Default Mexico has deployed 15,000 troops to the border, is stopping the invaders.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/24/m...rder-migrants/

Mexico Has Deployed 15,000 Troops To The Border, Is Now Detaining Illegal Migrants

TOPSHOT - A US Customs and Border Protection agent watches from near the end of the border structure which runs into the Pacific Ocean in San Diego, California as people visit the beach in La Playa, Mexico on April 17, 2018 a day after California rejected plans by the federal government for National Guard troops on the border. (Photo by FREDERIC J. BROWN / AFP) (Photo credit should read FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)

Matt M. Miller
Contributor
June 24, 2019

5:30 PM ET

Mexico has deployed 15,000 soldiers and National Guardsmen at the U.S.-Mexico border and is detaining migrants who attempt to illegally cross.

The Mexican government’s actions aim to meet President Donald Trump’s demands that the country help slow the influx of migrants entering the U.S. from Mexico, AFP reports.

“We have a total deployment, between the National Guard and army units, of 14,000, almost 15,000 men in the north of the country,” Mexican Defense Minister Luis Cresencio Sandoval said at a press conference.

Sandoval confirmed the governing is now detaining migrants at the border, AFP reports.

“Given that (undocumented) migration is not a crime but rather an administrative violation, we simply detain them and turn them over to the authorities” at the National Migration Institute, he continued.

Earlier this month, Mexico committed to deploying 6,000 National Guardsmen to its southern border to control immigration, but only a fraction have actually been deployed, according to the New York Times.

Trump gave Mexico an ultimatum last month, threatening to place a 5% tariff on all Mexican imports starting on June 10 unless illegal immigration from Mexico into the U.S. was stopped. (RELATED: Trump Plans To Impose Tariff On Mexico To Encourage Them To Stop Illegal Immigrants)

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador expressed clearly that he was not interested in a trade war with the U.S., and sought to reach a deal with Trump through negotiations. “We’re not going to get into a trade war, a war of tariffs and of taxes,” Lopez Obrador said at a news conference earlier this month.

“We’re doing all we can to reach a deal through dialogue,” he continued.

On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied,..

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2019

The Mexican government has been criticized for its treatment of detainees at the northern border since an AFP photographer reported Mexican National Guardsmen forcefully apprehending two women and a little girl in Ciudad Juarez last week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:28 PM
Dee

Pardone, my wait and see attitude.
I've dealt with "the old Mexico attitude" almost all my life, and that is;

"Half-ass everything.😖

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:32 AM

Didnt realize that Mexico paying for the wall meant a wall of people.......whatever works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Pardone, my wait and see attitude.
I've dealt with "the old Mexico attitude" almost all my life, and that is;

"Half-ass everything.😖

Same here! The proof is in the puddin. Show some real results and then talk about it.

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page