Protests by Patriots as godless ones OMARs city counsel nixes the pledge. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Default Protests by Patriots as godless ones OMARs city counsel nixes the pledge.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/protester...dge-allegiance

Decision to nix Pledge of Allegiance spurs 'USA!' chant at Minnesota city council meeting

By David Montanaro | Fox News

Protesters want Minnesota City Council to reverse vote ending Pledge of Allegiance at meetings

Minnesota GOP chairperson Jennifer Carnahan on the protests in favor of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Protesters were out in force in a Minnesota city this week, upset over the city council's decision to stop reciting the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of their meetings.

The decision was announced by the St. Louis Park City Council after a unanimous vote on June 17. The amendment to the council's rules was characterized as an effort to serve a more “diverse community."

“We concluded that in order to create a more welcoming environment to a diverse community we’re going to forgo saying the Pledge of Allegiance before every meeting,” Council Member Tim Brausen said ahead of the vote.

ALABAMA BILL WOULD REQUIRE SCHOOLS TO START DAY WITH PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

Fox News Flash top headlines for July 10
Video

Council member Anne Mavity, who sponsored the rules change, told KARE 11 that she didn’t feel saying the pledge was necessary, especially for non-citizens.

"Not everyone who does business with the city or has a conversation is a citizen," she said. “They certainly don't need to come into city council chambers and pledge their allegiance to our country in order to tell us what their input is about a sidewalk in front of their home.”

The council's meeting to reconsider the controversial change was held on Monday, as nearly 100 citizens waved American flags and chanted "USA!" in a bid to convince the council to reverse course before the change goes into effect next week.

MCCONNELL THROWS SHADE AT NIKE WITH 'BETSY ROSS' FLAG TWEET

Minnesota community demands city council reverse decision on removing Pledge of Allegiance
Video

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Mayor Jake Spano reportedly proposed that the decision be reversed, arguing it should have been reviewed more thoroughly before a vote was held, while Mavity proposed further meetings on the subject. No decision was reached at the meeting on reinstating the pledge.

St. Louis Park is a suburb of Minneapolis and is represented in Congress by Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar.

Responding on "Fox & Friends First" Wednesday, Minnesota GOP chairperson Jennifer Carnahan said she attended the meeting Monday night and heard "disturbing" statements from the council members.

"One of the gentlemen, Tim Brausen, said evidently Minnesotans are upset because we are playing with their hallowed traditions. So it was just this air of superiority and very disturbing all around," she recalled.

Carnahan said she hopes the council will see "the error of their ways" soon and reinstate the pledge.

Fox News' Paulina Dedaj contributed to this story.

David Montanaro is an editor with Fox News.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Good for the people to show up to nix these sorry excuses for community leaders.

This is what happens when citizens pay to little attention to the people running for public office in their towns.We are seeing the same thing happen in my little town in Southern Oregon.As more and more illegal immigrants (Californians) move in and take over the running of things.
It takes something like this to wake folks up.Is it too late to return sanity in America?

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to gene_225

It is hard for me to understand how any legislative body in any country could be opposed to pledging allegiance to their country. Those who are not citizens never have to participate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Tar and feathers. Run out of town on a rail. This is not too good for these councilmen and would be applicable as Social Justice for a change.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
Tar and feathers. Run out of town on a rail. This is not too good for these councilmen and would be applicable as Social Justice for a change.
Agreed although it might interfere with the slipknot after extended use...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:47 PM

The anti-American council claim they are concerned that those who are not American citizens, may be attending one of their meetings, may feel "uncomfortable".

That is pure hogwash...and any person with an IQ above 59, should have no problem figuring it out. So let's just use an old device, and put the "shoe on the other foot".

Here's how I look at it.. I go to live in Finland, for 2 or 5 or 7 years.. and I attend town meetings regularly. Should I expect the Finns to stop saluting their flag

or whatever they do patriotically, to start the meeting?

Should I act up if they decide to play their national anthem? Should I make a fuss if they repeat a pledge to their nation ?

Heavens no !

And just how stupid can a person be? My son & his family hosted an exchange student from Mexico, she is a very smart young woman, is now a molecular biologist..and still maintains contact with us.

The very same year, the wife and I hosted a young lady from Ecuador and since the various exchange students in their schools made contact, there were often

weekends, when there were 2-3 more exchange students staying as guests at my son's house.

We attended church each weekend, where the pledge was said..the students usually chose to attend with us. One was a Druze girl from Lebanon and another a Korean girl, daughter of a super-church pastor,... plus Jorge a Mexican lad.

In church, hey behaved well, they stood respectfully, but of course, did not take the pledge! We respected them for that..

I lived 2.5 years in Germany, when I was there in the Army.. If I like some, happened to stay there or go back there to live..I would.... 1) learn the language

2) stand respectfully for their ceremonies. 3) If I applied for citizenship, would take their pledge 4) I would learn their culture, and try my best to conform to it.

That is not hard to figure out! All the exchange students figured it out very well, but I guess the elected council there in Minnesota is having difficulty in doing so..

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page