I was really wrong on Trump - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to tdoyka
Default I was really wrong on Trump

ďAll that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed ó only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.Ē
― Nikola Tesla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 04:19 PM

Gun Cabinet

Yeah, I underestimated Trump and I was wrong, way wrong. He is the best President since Teddy Roosevelt.

The wicked shall be turned into Hades, and all the nations that forget God. For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. Psalm 9:17, 18
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 03:32 PM

I was wrong about Trump, too. I was dumb enough to believe his BS line about protecting the 2nd Amendment and voted for him. He rewarded me with an unconstitutional bump stock ban and supporting unconstitutional Red Flag Laws.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebass73 View Post
I was wrong about Trump, too. I was dumb enough to believe his BS line about protecting the 2nd Amendment and voted for him. He rewarded me with an unconstitutional bump stock ban and supporting unconstitutional Red Flag Laws.
And yet, he is the best bet against the left, who are too busy trying to find (or make up) impeachable offenses to push any of their wacky ideas:
Democrat Contenders stand against the 2A

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:

Interesing, bump stocks are not firearms but devices to get around the full auto laws and I am not against some form of early warning to stop mass murder. That said I don't see any red flag laws being pushed by Trump.

I stand for the Republic and all who oppose me be cursed!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Interesing, bump stocks are not firearms but devices to get around the full auto laws and I am not against some form of early warning to stop mass murder. That said I don't see any red flag laws being pushed by Trump.

^^^This^^^

Aim small, miss small!!!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
And makeing it more difficult for those people in excruciating pain to get the meds they need. To have any resemblance to a quality of life. I see this all the time, just take a Tylenol, yea right. There are druggies, and then those who need them. Just like guns, there are the law abiding who are also being criminalized, and then the criminals.That's the only problem I have with him.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickt300 View Post
It sounds like you don't care if a politician violates the Constitution as long as said politician is a Republican.

Full auto laws (NFA) are unconstitutional, what part of "shall not be infringed" do you not comprehend?

If a bump stock was designed to get around the unconstitutional full auto laws then banning them is also a violation of "shall not be infringed".

By the way, the bump stock ban violates more than the 2nd Amendment. It also violates the 5th and 14th Amendments. Trump turned a million law abiding citizens into felons overnight with his bump stock ban. The citizens who did destroy or turn in their bump stocks were deprived of property without due process and without just compensationin direct violation of the 5th and 14th. On top of that, according to Article 1, Section 7 of the Constitution laws must originate in congress. Trump bypassed congress again violating the Constitution.

On top of all those Constitutional violations even the ATF themselves recently admitted that they lack the authority to ban bump stocks:
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...ks-Anyway.html

Fortunately the GOA, FPC and NCLA (where's the NRA?) are all suing the government over Trump's unconstitutional overreach.

As far as your statement about not seeing Trump pushing any red flag laws, you either haven't been paying attention or you don't want to hear what he has to say. If it's the former then here is Trump himself pushing red flag laws, straight from the horse's mouth: "take the guns first, go through due process second":

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:17 PM

I don't recall the last Presidential election being between an all out Second Amender and who? It was between Donald Trump and Hitlary Clinton. In a perfect world, we might not be faced with an imperfect choice. This is not a perfect world. Does anyone think that Hitlary would have been the better choice for preserving the Second Amendment?

Swingem
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooch View Post
I don't recall the last Presidential election being between an all out Second Amender and who? It was between Donald Trump and Hitlary Clinton. In a perfect world, we might not be faced with an imperfect choice. This is not a perfect world. Does anyone think that Hitlary would have been the better choice for preserving the Second Amendment?
I voted for Trump because he promised to protect the 2nd Amendment. He had a Republican majority when he was first elected. Why didn't they pass concealed carry reciprocity and the hearing protection act? Instead we got an unconstitutional bump stock ban and a push for unconstitutional Red Flag laws by Trump himself. Trump also stated publicly that he'd consider banning suppressors and that 18 - 20 year olds shouldn't be able to buy guns. Trump is a turncoat and you're celebrating it because it was a Republican infringing on our rights instead of Hitlary. In case you haven't noticed Republicans only oppose gun control if the president is a Democrat. If the president is a Republican fellow Republicans look the other way.

That's why Trump has been able to get away with more 2nd Amendment infringements in 2 years than Obama did in 8. That's why Reagan was able to get away with banning machine guns with no complaints from Republicans.

Liberal Logic 101:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page