A New Thinly Sourced Whistleblower Complaint Against Trump Emerges, This One from an - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to tdoyka
Default A New Thinly Sourced Whistleblower Complaint Against Trump Emerges, This One from an

https://www.westernjournal.com/new-t...ent=2019-09-26

A New Thinly Sourced Whistleblower Complaint Against Trump Emerges, This One from an IRS Official
By Randy DeSoto
Published October 4, 2019 at 11:50am
An Internal Revenue Service official is reportedly claiming in a whistleblower complaint that a Trump administration political appointee tried to interfere with an audit of President Donald Trump or Vice President Mike Pence’s tax returns.

The Washington Post reported that the whistleblower spoke with the paper, confirming he had filed the complaint with Congress’ tax committees as well as the Treasury Department Inspector General for Tax Administration.

“I brought my concerns to my supervisors, who advised me to report the matter to the appropriate people with investigatory authority,” he told The Post.

“I steadfastly refuse to discuss the substance or details of the complaint, but I have some legitimate concerns about reckless statements being made about whistleblowers,” the whistleblower added.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Richard Neal of Massachusetts received the whistleblower’s complaint in July.

In court filings this summer, the Democratic lawmaker said the complaint contains credible evidence about “potential ‘inappropriate efforts to influence’ the mandatory audit program,” claiming it raises “serious and urgent concerns,” according to The Post.

The news outlet said two administration officials, on a condition of anonymity, described the IRS complaint as hearsay and suggested it is politically motivated.

“Trump administration officials dismissed the whistleblower’s complaint as flimsy because it is based on conversations with other government officials,” according to The Post.

The Hill reported the Ways and Means Committee filed a lawsuit earlier this year to obtain six years of Trump’s federal tax returns, arguing it wants to view the documents because it is considering legislative proposals to address how the IRS conducts audits of presidents.

The IRS’s internal policies require mandatory audits of the president and vice president’s tax returns, but this policy isn’t codified into law,” according to The Hill.

Bloomberg reported last week that Neal is consulting with House legal counsel regarding whether he can make the whistleblower complaint public.

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the ranking Republican on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, responded to the whistleblower complaint with skepticism.

“So the same bureaucrats who targeted Tea Party groups now have a gripe with President Trump? Shocking,” he tweeted.

“Here we go again,” Jordan continued. “Another so-called ‘whistleblower’ without firsthand information.”

Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton sees the whistleblower as “deep state” actor.

“Another criminal leak — this time by IRS Deep State/Dems victimizing @RealDonaldTrump. The coup continues,” Fitton tweeted.

Reporting on the IRS complaint comes as Trump has been fending of Democratic calls for his impeachment after a separate whistleblower claimed the president sought to leverage military aid to Ukraine in exchange for the country investigating alleged wrongdoing by former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.

Trump tweeted on Friday, “As President I have an obligation to end CORRUPTION, even if that means requesting the help of a foreign country or countries.”

As President I have an obligation to end CORRUPTION, even if that means requesting the help of a foreign country or countries. It is done all the time. This has NOTHING to do with politics or a political campaign against the Bidens. This does have to do with their corruption!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 4, 2019

He continued, “It is done all the time. This has NOTHING to do with politics or a political campaign against the Bidens. This does have to do with their corruption!”

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 02:18 PM

They (liberals) have finally reached the point to where it is throw as much crap against the wall and hope something sticks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:23 PM

First whistling story is falling on it's ugly face...so they have to make up another one ! How many times in recent years havb ewe been told we must believe some ;

1. Anonymous source

2. Undisclosed informant

3. Unrevealed witness

4. Somebody who prefers to remain unnamed

5. Confidential source

or

6. Unnamed officials

I don't know about you, but I am getting weary of these "sources"..because in such a case..anyone can say anything, and we are supposed to believe such tripe !

Two or three decades ago, when a network news anchor used such terms..there may have been some credibility allowed, but since then..true journalism is dead, cold and moribund !

...Can't believe a word they say !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 10-05-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 04:34 PM

"...Can't believe a word they say !"

I agree, that is why I believe President Trump when he says on TV, of course I asked the President of Ukraine to investigate my political rival (a federal crime) then I asked China to do it as well!!!!! NO whistle blower needed... just a TV.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 07:18 PM

A New Thinly Sourced Whistleblower Complaint Against Trump Emerges, This One from an-71637621_1376639979159724_8006342428753657856_n.jpg

Science: Like magic but real
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBear View Post
"...Can't believe a word they say !"

I agree, that is why I believe President Trump when he says on TV, of course I asked the President of Ukraine to investigate my political rival (a federal crime) then I asked China to do it as well!!!!! NO whistle blower needed... just a TV.
Quid pro quo is a crime... On the other hand, a president can inquire into any security concerns he may have in relation to the other country.

If the president were to offer a bundle of money (like $155 billion) or threaten to withhold a scheduled payment, then it would have been a crime.

If you read the factual transcript, rather than to listen to Schiff's "parody" or the anonymous "whistle blower's" letter, you would know there was no quid pro quo !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 10-08-2019 at 06:47 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 12:11 PM

Wouldn't it be great if our Constitution really functioned in a meaningful way. The 4th Amendment says that one should be "secure in one's papers. Of course there are provisions that allow exceptions, but apparently that barrier isn't a high enough reach to prohibit political malevolence. It should be the province of the Supreme Court and I would feel better if their decisions on the matter had to be unanimous if they were to make an exception.

Swingem
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 02:23 PM

"Quid pro quo is a crime... On the other hand, a president can inquire into any security concerns he may have in relation to the other country."

"Quid pro quo" is Latin for "this for that". If we believed everyone who said "they didn't do it" our prisons would be about empty. Back to Quid pro quo, intent and "this for that" doesn't need to be spelled out in a lawyers contract if it did then Madison Avenue (advertising) would be dead. When someone asks about something they want and you reply "I would like you to do us a favor though..." the implication is "If you want that, I want this". Asking a foreign country to help with a political campaign IS ILLEGAL, full stop. You can argue IF that is what was was asked for, but not if it is illegal. Also the ASKING is the crime not whether you offered anything in return or even if you received the help. Just like conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime EVEN IF THE (CONSPIRED) CRIME IS NOT COMMITTED. "QUID PRO QUO" itself is NOT a crime either, we could tell a country we will sell you weapons (this) but (for) you must promise to not use them to attack your neighbor (that). This is perfectly alright.

Just trying to get the discussion on the proper track - discuss what was actually done and is this proper, without meaningless talking points. Same thing with the refusal to cooperate with congress because they didn't pass a "resolution" to open an impeachment inquiry. This is not a REQUIREMENT (please cite law if you disagree) even though it was done in the past. The Constitution requires the Senate to approve or disapprove Presidential nominations for the Supreme Court, but Mitch McConnell would not allow a vote on President Obama's last nomination - even though it was always done before??????? So "precedent" is just ???????
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 03:55 PM
TM7

Trump is the whistleblower _ _the ultimate Whistleblower...

He's blown the whistle on the deep state intell matrix, corruption, fake media accomplices, the rad commie left, the Clinton-Obama-Biden crime families, election rigging, globalism wars.

He's blowing the whistle on the whole festering stinking swamp, and the only way is as a Street Fighting Man.

Quite a hero.
.TM7
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
Trump is the whistleblower _ _the ultimate Whistleblower...

He's blown the whistle on the deep state intell matrix, corruption, fake media accomplices, the rad commie left, the Clinton-Obama-Biden crime families, election rigging, globalism wars.

He's blowing the whistle on the whole festering stinking swamp, and the only way is as a Street Fighting Man.

Quite a hero.
.TM7
^^^THIS^^^ is why the whole thing has blown up..the low lifes who have been 'on the take' are running scared. He said he would "drain the swamp" and by golly, he is doing it..much to the consternation of those who have been running a 'rob the people' scam..

Here's another scam that should be investigated, and the offenders placed in crossbar city.but it will probably never happen..

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...o_rico_go.html

Last edited by ironglow; 10-09-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page