Shifty Schiff Is the First Witness We're Calling In - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to tdoyka
Default Shifty Schiff Is the First Witness We're Calling In

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...ng-in-n2557289

House Judiciary Republicans: Shifty Schiff Is the First Witness We're Calling In
Beth BaumannBeth Baumann| @eb454|Posted: Dec 01, 2019 4:07 PM

House Republicans have continually pushed back against Democrats and their impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump's call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. One of the biggest issues the GOP had with this entire saga – besides the fact that the saga is entirely partisan and a witch hunt based on emotions, not fact – is the lack of due process. Democrats started this impeachment process without allowing Republicans to have any say in what was taking place. Republicans couldn't call witnesses or issue subpoenas.

The Democrats finally decided to allow Republicans to issue subpoenas and interrogatories, although House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NJ) has to approve them. And we know how that will work.

According to House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Doug Collins (R-GA) told Fox News' Chris Wallace that they will definitely call witnesses. And the very first person will be Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA).

"First and foremost, the first person that needs to testify is Adam Schiff," Collins said. "Adam Schiff is the author of this report. Adam Schiff is the author of many things, a lot of them found to be false the past couple years. But he knew the author of this report. He's compared himself to a special counsel in the past. This is what he said he was doing."

"When we go back to Clinton and even Nixon, Ken Starr was a special counsel, he presented a report that we're going to get in the Judiciary [Committee]. He came and sat and testified under oath and took questions from all sides, including the White House," Collins explained. "My first and foremost witness is Adam Schiff."

According to Collins, Schiff has "put himself in the position" he's in, which is why he needs to come before the various Committees to testify and be cross-examined.

"If [Schiff] chooses not to, the only question is veracity and what he's putting in his report. I question his motives and why he's doing this," the Judiciary Committee's Ranking Member explained. "It's easy to hide behind a report. It's easy to hide behind a gavel in Intelligence Committee's behind closed-door hearings but it's going to be another thing to get up and have to answer questions about what his staff knew, how he knew, what he knew about the whistleblower report, his interactions that he's had with the Ukraine... and also why he has not released documents to our Committee and reports to our Committee that we need to actually proceed in our Committee, the Judiciary Committee, which is the Committee of impeachment."

Collins brought up one other point: if the Democrats truly believe they have found Trump committed impeachable offenses, why won't Schiff and Intelligence Democrats hand that information over to the Judiciary Committee?

"Give us all the materials and don't let Jerry Nadler write a crazy letter that says on the sixth let us. know who your witnesses are," Collins said. "We don't even have the information from the Intel Committee yet. That's why this is a problematic exercise and a made-for-tv event coming on Wednesday."

Democrats want to be able to say they gave Republicans the ability to call witnesses and issue subpoenas yet they refuse to hand over the very documents their counterparts need in order to issue said subpoenas.

The Democrats botched this process from the beginning. We knew it was going to be a mess when they launched their inquiry before Trump released the transcript of his call. They doubled down when the Democrats voted, along party lines, weeks down the road to officially begin the process that they had already started.

Buckle up, folks. This is just another bumpy ride on the impeachment train.

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 06:21 PM

I'm starting to see fault in our forefathers design to have the Senate as jury for an impeachment trial. In any court in this country any juror that showed bias or predisposition to bias would be mediately dismissed. The Senate is overrun with political bias on both sides so how does one come up with an

impartial jury and fair trial ?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

Just another worthless opinion!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotashooter2 View Post
I'm starting to see fault in our forefathers design to have the Senate as jury for an impeachment trial. In any court in this country any juror that showed bias or predisposition to bias would be mediately dismissed. The Senate is overrun with political bias on both sides so how does one come up with an

impartial jury and fair trial ?

“Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

…..From a letter written by John Adams in October 1798 .

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 08:07 PM

Excellent point

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 07:46 AM

I'd like to know why it was decided that trump must be impeached before any clear reason for it was found, and why the,process began before he took office. I'd also like to know what the articles of impeachment are. Have they figured that out yet?

I'd also like to know why a sitting president inquiring about the corrupt practices of a former Vice President and current presidential candidate is construed as illegal or impeachable. We need to know who the corrupt ones are, and the Bidens have been exposed as corrupt. That corruption is material to Bidens fitness for office. Is the House of Representatives led by democrats really in the business of abetting a cover up of corruption? That's what it looks like to me.

Last edited by conan the librarian; 12-02-2019 at 08:31 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Dee

Trump isn't a politician. Trump isn't beholden to the lobbies.
Trump hasn't betrayed his country by selling out to other countries in trade deals.
Trump is exposing the "good ole boy" corruption in the United States government.
Trump won't sacrifice military personell for political gain.
AND! Trump is exposing Congress, for the fools they are.

And Adam Schitt's ass will never kiss the witness stand chair.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:06 AM

just got done this morning emailing my congressman and senetors bitching about our government wasting my tax money on this witch hunt when absolutely NOTHING has been accomplished in the last 3 years. Told them all I think I should get my taxes refunded to me.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:31 PM

I think the Democrats should foot the bill personally.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page