Ilhan Omarís antics now include claiming she canít hear war talk because of PTSD - Graybeard Outdoors
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Unread 01-09-2020, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to tdoyka
Default Ilhan Omarís antics now include claiming she canít hear war talk because of PTSD

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...e_of_ptsd.html

January 9, 2020
Ilhan Omarís antics now include claiming she canít hear war talk because of PTSD
By Andrea Widburg
President Trumpís decision to kill the terrorist Qassem Soleiman reveals how alienated Rep. Ilhan Omar (D. Minn.) is from America. Normally, a young woman who was welcomed into this country as a refugee and then ascended to one of the highest offices in the land might show some gratitude for its stand against the same kind of fanaticism that drove her out of her homeland. Not Omar, though. She has nothing but disdain.

Omarís latest anti-American behavior occurred during a press conference on Wednesday when Omar and Rashida Tlaib were seen laughing and joking as Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D. Tex.) somberly discussed American casualties in the Iraq War. It was disconcerting to watch Lee state ďwe left four thousand plus, maybe even forty four hundred dead, and over sixty thousand who came back injured in some form and the war never endedĒ while Omar giggled, then turned to Tlaib, and shared a joke with her:

RNC Research

@RNCResearch
Ilhan Omar laughs and jokes around as her colleague discusses U.S. casualties in Iraqhttps://youtu.be/W5ynxOvUT2E

Embedded video
3:35 PM - Jan 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
10K people are talking about this

When it was Omarís turn at the microphone during the same press conference, she asserted that her responses to President Trumpís strike against Soleimani had triggered her PTSD:

Jim Banks

@RepJimBanks
Rep. Ilhan Omar complained sheís ďstricken with PTSDĒ because of recent events in the Middle East.

This is a disgrace and offensive to our nationís veterans who really do have PTSD after putting their life on the line to keep America safe.

Embedded video
5:16 PM - Jan 8, 2020
21.9K people are talking about this
I feel ill a little bit because of everything that is taking place. And I think every time I about . . . I hear of conversations around war, I find myself being stricken with PTSD. And I find peace knowing that I serve with great activists for peace and people who have shown courage against war.

In response to Rep. Jim Banks (R. IN), a veteran, having called her out, Omar responded that she came by her PTSD honestly, thanks to a childhood in Somalia:

Ilhan Omar

@IlhanMN
Hi Jim,

I survived war as a child and deal with post-traumatic stress disorderómuch like many who have served or lived through war.

Itís shameful that you as a member of Congress would erase the PTSD of survivors.

View image on Twitter
6:36 PM - Jan 8, 2020
21.1K people are talking about this

The obvious answer, of course, is that if Omar suffers from PTSD such that any mention of war triggers it, leaving her emotionally weak, she should never have entered the race for Congress. She has admitted that she is incapable of handling her job.

But thatís not really whatís going on and everyone knows it. What riles Omar is that Trump is taking a firm stance against Iran, the world leader in Islamic terrorism. From the moment Soleimani was killed, she has issued tweet after tweet railing against Trump and supporting Iran. In these tweets sheís revealed her hostility to American norms and her ignorance about the Constitution.

Ilhan began by parroting the Democrat line that killing a terrorist on Iraqi soil was an act of war:

Ilhan Omar

@IlhanMN
We are outraged the president would assassinate a foreign official, possibly setting off another war without Congressional authorization and has zero plan to deal with the consequences.

But of course you know that. https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1212958723074867201 Ö

Ted Cruz

@tedcruz
According the the Obama Department of Defense, Qasem Soleimani was a terrorist directly responsible for the murder of over 500 US service men & women. Why are congressional Dems outraged that heís finally dead? See more: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...inked-to-iran/ Ö https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1212942887048101888 Ö

12:38 PM - Jan 3, 2020
61.2K people are talking about this

She insulted Trump:

Ilhan Omar

@IlhanMN
Trump and his followers will just say our allies are siding with our enemies.

But we know they are abandoning an irrational and incoherent man who has no ability to be the leader of the free world! https://twitter.com/andrewyang/statu...07015604256768 Ö

Andrew Yang🧢

@andrewYang
ďThe purpose of having allies is that we can surprise our enemies and not each other.Ē https://www.businessinsider.com/us-a...e-world-2020-1 Ö

4:58 PM - Jan 4, 2020
3,819 people are talking about this

She invoked the 25th Amendment because Trump tweeted, without any further elaboration, that Iranís cultural sites were targets.

Ilhan Omar

@IlhanMN
The President of the United States is threatening to commit war crimes on Twitter.

God help us all! #25thAmendment https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...93975732527112 Ö

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Replying to @realDonaldTrump
....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

11:00 PM - Jan 4, 2020
21.1K people are talking about this

As an aside Trumpís tweet was bluster, and Trump watchers know it. We also understand two other things: First, thereís a difference between Persepolis and a palace the despotic Mullahs have built to their own glory. Second, one of the first things Islamic conquerors do is destroy icons of the culture they conquered (e.g., destroying statues, destroying ancient ruins, turning churches into mosques, defiling churches, trying to destroy Jewish civilization in Jerusalem). Trump was speaking in Islamís language when he made his threat.

Omar believes it is Congress's job to ďstop a war.Ē

Ilhan Omar

@IlhanMN
This is a major test for our country.

Will we allow decades of executive overreach and militarism to continue? Or will Congress step in and perform our Constitutional role to stop a war? The world is watching.

11:13 PM - Jan 4, 2020
9,844 people are talking about this

A final example of Omarís political agenda, is her outrage over sanctions meant to change Iran's terrorism policy:

Ilhan Omar

@IlhanMN
This makes no sense. Sanctions are economic warfare.

They have already caused medical shortages and countless deaths in Iran.

You cannot claim to want deescalation and then announce new sanctions with no clear goal. This is not a measured response! https://twitter.com/buzzfeednews/sta...51572251262977 Ö

BuzzFeed News

@buzzFeedNews
Trump: The US "will immediately impose additional punishing economic sanctions" on Iran as we evaluate options

Embedded video
12:47 PM - Jan 8, 2020
28.3K people are talking about this

Omar viewed sanctions differently when it came to the Boycott, Divest, and Sanction movement against Israel. Even the New York Times acknowledged her passionate support for sanctions:

At a hearing last week, Ms. Omar spoke out forcefully against Israel, and the resolution.

ďWe should condemn in the strongest terms violence that perpetuates the occupation, whether it is perpetuated by Israel, Hamas or individuals,Ē she said. ďBut if we are going to condemn violent means of resisting the occupation, we cannot also condemn nonviolent means.Ē

If nothing else, the last two weeks have revealed Omar for what she is: Someone who is ignorant about American institutions, holds maniacal hatred for President Trump, and supports ďDeath to AmericaĒ Iran. Given all that, her PTSD claim rings hollow.

ďAll that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed ó only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.Ē
― Nikola Tesla

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/custom...tar99498_6.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Unread 01-09-2020, 11:58 AM

She's just like the people she represents
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Unread 01-10-2020, 09:17 PM

I can't figure out how voters can be so dumb. I remember reading in history class some 50 years or so ago that some voters were bribed, cash in hand, to vote for a certain candidate. I won't say that the same thing isn't happening now, but with cameras everywhere you look it certainly wouldn't be prudent nor wise.

She's another reason we should close the borders.......

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
I can't figure out how voters can be so dumb. I remember reading in history class some 50 years or so ago that some voters were bribed, cash in hand, to vote for a certain candidate. I won't say that the same thing isn't happening now, but with cameras everywhere you look it certainly wouldn't be prudent nor wise.

She's another reason we should close the borders.......
That's the way New Yorkers are. That is what they vote for. Ilhan Omar too. Her district is full of people just like her.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 10:50 AM

People on government assistance should not be allowed to vote for 5 years after they start paying their own way. They have no skin in the game.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan the librarian View Post
She's just like the people she represents
And that's the crux of the matter.
It doesn't matter what anyone outside her district says, or thinks about this "nutbag radical".
Her voting base is running that show.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 10:59 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
People on government assistance should not be allowed to vote for 5 years after they start paying their own way. They have no skin in the game.
I don't know about 5 years, but I'm on board with them not voting while on the government dole.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Unread 01-12-2020, 12:01 AM

5 years wouldn't matter when dead people still vote.......

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in