Trump could be ‘big beneficiary' in Virginia gun control battle, urged to get involve - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to tdoyka
Default Trump could be ‘big beneficiary' in Virginia gun control battle, urged to get involve

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...o-get-involved

Trump could be ‘big beneficiary' in Virginia gun control battle, urged to get involved
by Paul Bedard
| January 13, 2020 09:18 AM

The exploding battle over gun control in Virginia could help President Trump return the state to the GOP in the November elections, according to a leader of the effort to swat back limits on weapons.

“Gun owners are wide awake. Donald Trump is going to be the big beneficiary of this,” said Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

“He should be tweeting more stuff on it, taking advantage of it, activating his base,” he added.

In reaction to plans by the state’s new Democratic legislative majority to pass sweeping gun control measures, some 100,000 gun owners and supporters have flooded into county and city meetings in the past two months to call for “gun sanctuaries” to ignore any new state laws.

The state GOP has attended many of those meetings to sign up new voters.

Trump lost Virginia to Hillary Clinton in 2016, 44.4% to 49.8%. And, in the 2019 state elections, Democrats took control of Richmond.

But in threatening gun control, said Van Cleave, Democrats “woke a sleeping giant” that should help the GOP this year.

“They basically declared war on gun owners,” he said, adding, “People are now active, awake, and they’re angry. They’re not just saying, ‘Oh, it’s irritating.’ They’re mad.”

Gun owners proved that early Monday when they jammed a Senate committee meeting being held to review several gun control bills, including gun bans, a universal background check, and a limit on handgun purchases.

VCDL and other gun groups pushed for supporters to show up at the meeting. One group said the meeting room was divided between pro- and anti-gun control supporters.

The National Rifle Association encouraged attendees with free ammunition magazines and T-shirts

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/custom...tar99498_6.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 08:22 AM

I'm not counting on the guy who banned bump stocks and said "take the guns first then give them due process second" to do the right thing.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 08:46 AM

Gun Cabinet

I'm counting Trump cause you SURE can't count on these demoncrats to protect your 2A rights !!!

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 09:26 AM
Dee

Well Richmond fell once before. (May 10, 1865)

This will either wake Virginians up, or it won't.

Post coded

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
I'm counting Trump cause you SURE can't count on these demoncrats to protect your 2A rights !!!

Just because you can't trust Democrats to protect 2A does NOT mean you can trust Trump either. Ponder this fact, Trump accomplished more gun control in 3 years than Obama did in 8. He did it with an UNCONSTITUTIONAL executive order to boot. Does "Shall Not Be Infringed" mean anything to you? If it does then why do you look the other way when Trump infringes on our rights?

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 10:50 PM

Gun Cabinet

I know I can't trust Demoncrats to protect our gun rights !!!

And neither can you, nor can anyone else.

Ray
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM

I think Virginia has a pretty good chance of turning into a red state after all this nonsense. In other states that have passed bans or registration laws, compliance has been around 1%. I doubt Virginia will be much different, and if they turn red again, they can just throw out the gun laws. In the end, I believe whether or not Virginians keep their guns or not is going to be up to Virginians. I doubt President Trump or the NRA, or anybody else is going to be of much help to gun owners. One of the main reasons we have an armed Republic is because if the government fails in its duty to protect the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, it becomes the job of the citizenry to protect those rights. That's what the rifles or for. We all hope and pray that the voting box or the jury box provides sufficient checks and balances to large central corrupt governments, but if not, it falls to the ammo box. Like it or not, freedom has always come at the edge of a sword or the barrel of a gun. It always has and always will. I pray that our children and grand children never have to see it, but I also pray if has to happen, let it happen now, before the grand kids get stuck with the terrible but necessary task of preserving the Republic that we somehow let go to ****. I guess I feel like a lot of Virginians do right now...just come and get them, or just shut up about it.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
I know I can't trust Demoncrats to protect our gun rights !!!

And neither can you, nor can anyone else.
Right, we've already established that long ago but that has nothing to with the fact that Trump already screwed us over on gun rights. I don't know why people can't accept that reality.

Liberal Logic 101:

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM

Bump stocks are a red herring.. Bump stocks cannot do anything for you, that you cannot do for yourself without it ! It just takes a little practice..

He gave away nothing ..to get something !

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebass73 View Post
Right, we've already established that long ago but that has nothing to with the fact that Trump already screwed us over on gun rights. I don't know why people can't accept that reality.
And you would support Who? Id bet you don't even have a bump stock. Trump has been the most supportive President gun rights has had in many decades.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page