Constitution may be worth something after all - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Default Constitution may be worth something after all

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...hment-articles

After years of saying that the constitution isn't worth the paper it's printed on, and then looking at the approach being taken by the defense in the impeachment, it looks like the constitutional scholars are going to get a real workout that may justify their existence.

Kinda cool. Glad I lived to see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 08:17 PM

Yeah and if Allen Dershowitz lives up to expectations a new kind of service medal might have to be conceived. I usually don't give much credit to any Dummycrat, but so far Mr. Dershowitz is showing more guts than all the rest of his fellow libs put together. I guess we'll see if he and his family survive this outrage. I wonder if it would be legal for the President to put a security detail on Al and his family.

Swingem
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

It's "worth" is in the heart of the People that hold it dear and will fight to the death to see it maintained. For those Zombies without a heart (or a brain), as is every Democrat in Congress, it just another piece of paper to be trampled on and ignored.

It is past time to Drain The Swamp of these vermin. There are 468 seats in the U.S. Congress (33 Senate seats and all 435 House seats) up for election on November 3, 2020.

Democrats hold 45 of 100 seats [2 are Independent] in the Senate and 232 of 435 seats [5 are vacant] in the House. Wiping them out will be as impossible as ridding NYC of its rats...but that attempt must be made before that infestation does irreparable harm to the Republic.

It is feared though that a sweeping Republican victory in 2020 will not bring the turn around that is needed as feckless Republicans may take the road to nowhere again and do nothing with their advantage [still waiting to see the Republican alternative to ObamaCare].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 09:43 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
It's "worth" is in the heart of the People that hold it dear and will fight to the death to see it maintained. For those Zombies without a heart (or a brain), as is every Democrat in Congress, it just another piece of paper to be trampled on and ignored.

It is past time to Drain The Swamp of these vermin. There are 468 seats in the U.S. Congress (33 Senate seats and all 435 House seats) up for election on November 3, 2020.

Democrats hold 45 of 100 seats [2 are Independent] in the Senate and 232 of 435 seats [5 are vacant] in the House. Wiping them out will be as impossible as ridding NYC of its rats...but that attempt must be made before that infestation does irreparable harm to the Republic.

It is feared though that a sweeping Republican victory in 2020 will not bring the turn around that is needed as feckless Republicans may take the road to nowhere again and do nothing with their advantage [still waiting to see the Republican alternative to ObamaCare].
My first vote to cast as an eighteen year old was for Reagan in ‘84. I watched the Republicans squander any political momentum that they had. When they controlled the Congress and executive branches they demonstrated just what you described, “a road to nowhere”.

As a party they have no vision. The lie of repeal and replace has the same ring as “read my lips, no new taxes”. I trust them about as much as I trust Adam Schiff. After Reagan the party left me behind.

With Trumps lead, men like Dershowitz, Senators/veterans like Mast and the second amendment struggle in Virginia I have a feeling that we might be seeing the beginning of the third revolution, a quiet and bloodless one. At least that is my hope. The left has been emboldened to push fast and hard to the left. They have overplayed their hand. I hope that have appropriate leaders in sufficient number to make a hard stand.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 12:43 PM

We will if it is although I have my doubts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 02:02 PM

The problem with getting things done is that people seem to want all kinds of things that cost money that we don't have and never will. Obama care was and is a bogus plan that even Osama Obama was up front on it being only a way to get to "Single Payer" (socialized medicine). Anyone who believes that is the way to go should do some rethinking.

I don't think any political party is ever going to furnish us with everything we want. We already have more programs than can ever be afforded. The most important thing any party can do is to enforce the Constitution and cut the graft and waste. For a time we had Republicans, Democrats and a handful of minor parties. Now we have Republicans, communists and nothing else that matters.

Swingem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page