coronavirus...who to believe? - Page 23 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 04:38 PM

Buddy of mine got his Essential Service Workforce papers today in case there is a curfew that goes in place to show national guard or police. This is getting so whacked... The only explanation that is logical is that this virus is 10x as bad as they say. Logic hardly comes into play these days though!

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 04:50 PM

Send a message via MSN to tdoyka

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin View Post
Buddy of mine got his Essential Service Workforce papers today in case there is a curfew that goes in place to show national guard or police. This is getting so whacked... The only explanation that is logical is that this virus is 10x as bad as they say. Logic hardly comes into play these days though!
Perception is everything people.

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/custom...tar99498_6.gif
post #223 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 04:51 PM

Send a message via MSN to tdoyka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Tdoyka: I read through your lengthy post detailing flu statistics. How does that apply to nCovid-19?

coronavirus is a strain of the flu.

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/custom...tar99498_6.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 05:09 PM

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoyka View Post
coronavirus is a strain of the flu.
Coronavirus is not a strain of the H1N1 flu. Where did you hear that? Pterodactyl had a pretty good description of the differences. If COVID-19 was a flu strain, existing vaccines might be effective but they are not.
post #225 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
Well, at least we know there is still one person who watches CNN, I wasn't aware their audience was that large. And snopes is a trusted and accurate source of facts? Must have turned over a new leaf!

I find it somewhat ironic a Trump basher is telling us all to do what the government tells us to do! I seriously doubt all those agencies are putting out any guidelines without approval of the President - the deep state hasn't run the government since shortly after November of 2016!

And I see where some witless liberal Illinois Mayor thinks confiscating all the guns and ammo will stop the spread of this virus. Guns and ammo spread the virus??? Who would have thought!
Yup, I watch CNN and ABC, CBS and NBC on occasion. In all cases I am attuned to what is and is not a a straight news source and what is "analysis" or opinion. Apply critical thinking to both. So I see viewing Trump or Pence's team experts speaking live as one thing, and Gloria Borger and Chris Cuomo commenting on same as yet another. The latter requiring careful evaluation to sort out chaff/spin from facts. If Trump sticks his foot in his mouth while I'm watching, I know that he did so. If Chris Cuomo said that Trump stuffed his foot in his mouth, I'ld wait for the Tump video clip to play to see if anything was spun/taken out of context.
post #226 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 05:57 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 Troll View Post
Yup, I watch CNN and ABC, CBS and NBC on occasion. In all cases I am attuned to what is and is not a a straight news source and what is "analysis" or opinion.

Your are deceiving yourself with a flood of anti-Trump propaganda news.

Ray
post #227 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
So...what to do? Who to believe?

Pete
Believe the numbers. The following is from the CDC for the US only.

Conclusion
CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.

How many deaths globally from the Corona virus.
post #228 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 06:35 PM

We do not have time to run extensive medical studies. Who can stop the avalanche of this virus while we wait for the study results? We must isolate ourselves to avoid the spread.
post #229 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 08:39 PM

Where's the avalanche? Didn't you see the numbers dougk just posted? Or don't facts matter to you?

Look up the numbers and study them. Latest numbers I could find says there have been about 6000 deaths WORLDWIDE from the Coronavirus. South Korea cases peaked and are already on the decline - and they didn't implement all the travel/isolation and business closings that have been done here!

And for the ones who keep saying Coronavirus is not the flu I will remind them it is transmitted the same way the common flu virus is, it's symptoms are so similar it requires a formal test to determine which it is, and the death rate is about the same. The death rate could very well be even lower than the flu because it's now known that a large percentage of people with coronavirus never show any symptoms.
post #230 of 391 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 09:22 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
Where's the avalanche? Didn't you see the numbers dougk just posted? Or don't facts matter to you?

No spruce facts didn't matter to chicken little - The sky was falling.
However, I'm getting concerned that the damage they are doing to the US and world economies
could ultimately lead to more poverty, unemployment, hunger and deaths than the virus itself!

Ray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page