NY Governor Cuomo refuses Coronavirus help from Remington - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Default NY Governor Cuomo refuses Coronavirus help from Remington

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 04:56 PM

Okay, I tried snopes and other online sources and can't find any account that verifies this. There is a news story about Remington offering their resources, but thats all.

I hate to think some pro gun factions are stooping to the leftist tactic of false news!

Anyone verify???

Don't over do it, just enough will do.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb51 View Post
Okay, I tried snopes and other online sources and can't find any account that verifies this. There is a news story about Remington offering their resources, but thats all.

I hate to think some pro gun factions are stooping to the leftist tactic of false news!

Anyone verify???
Yes, I verified it before I even posted it so before you accuse me of spreading "false news" you might want to work on your internet research skills a little. Also, you're worried about the "leftist tactic of false news" yet you're using Snopes, a website run by leftists to verify this story?

First of all the guy in this video does not BS, if he reports something he verifies it himself. I've watched enough of his videos to know he's on the level. Look him up yourself, he has a great reputation. He's a law enforcement officer who runs a pro 2nd Amendment youtube channel on the side.

Second of all, the CEO of Remington publicly stated on March 23rd that he sent a letter to Governor Cuomo and President Trump stating they were willing to help with production and distribution of PPE and ventilators. The company has a plant in Ilion, totaling 1 million square feet, that is now freed up since they have been designated as a non-essential business.

It's now April 3rd and Governor Cuomo has yet to accept that offer even though he's publicly pleaded for companies to make ventilators:

Here he is pleading for anyone to make ventilators, this quote is from March 19th:

"But you can't buy a ventilator right now, uh, globally. You can't buy them. We're going to have to make them or make something like them."

Again on March 24th:

Here's a quote from Cuomo from yesterday:
"We need supplies.

We need your help.

If you can manufacture PPE I implore you to do so. NYS will pay a premium.

Email [email protected]"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...ators-n2566211

"Eric Suarez, communications and media manager for Remington, told Townhall on Friday that to his knowledge, the state still has not accepted Remington's offer to help."

https://trendingpolitics.com/gov-cuo...ical-supplies/

Is that good enough for you or do you need to see it on Snopes?

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 06:55 PM

Dingbat. Spent hundreds of millions on idiotic solar panels when he should have bought ventilators; the company failed. Then there were hundreds of other millions spent on a computer chip factory; that company also failed. All that money misdirected (essentially wasted), and then the rectal aperture blames Trump because Coumo doesn't have enough ventilators.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 07:53 PM

Not any surprise that Cuomo would cry to the country he needs more than anywhere else, right or wrong, but in the same motion be more than willing to let those NEW YORKERS DIE rather than let his anti-gun logic go to waste. What an a$$!!!! But we already know that!

ADIO"S NYC!!!!! GREAT GOVENOR CHOICE!!!!
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 08:06 PM

So he hasn't said no, just hasn't said yes yet?

Don't over do it, just enough will do.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 08:21 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb51 View Post
So he hasn't said no, just hasn't said yes yet?
I am trying to find more about this. I have not found anything that amounts to an outright refusal (“No, we don’t want your help.”).
Certainly, a failure to respond with “Thank you. Yes, we will take your help” could be (will be) construed as a refusal.
That being said, the subject line is a bit overstated.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
Before you get into a discussion:
https://thebestschools.org/magazine/...noratioelenchi
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Let's see:

1. Cuomo is voraciously anti gun (unless we're talking about his armed security detail).
2. The CEO of Remington made the offer to manufacture whatever ventilators, masks, etc. Cuomo needed to fight Covid-19 11 days ago
3. During those 11 days of dire emergency in NY since the CEO of Remington made the offer, Cuomo has begged and pleaded for someone to manufacture ventilators, masks, etc.
4. Just today Cuomo tweeted ""If you can manufacture PPE I implore you to do so. NYS will pay a premium."

One would think that in an emergency situation with people dying Cuomo would do whatever he could to get ventilators but 11 days after Remington offered to build some for NY Cuomo still hasn't accepted their offer. Why is that?

11 DAYS DURING AN EMERGENCY and Remington still hasn't fired up their now idle plant to make ventilators, why? I guess we need Snopes to figure it out for us.

Liberal Logic 101:
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 06:40 AM

If the help was offered to him and he didn't say yes I'd take that for a "no"! And after 11 days to think it over it would appear it's a pretty firm "no". What's so hard to figure out?
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 08:26 AM

I agree totally and will add that him not taking that offered help should slam the door shut on ANY FEDERAL HELP!! Hes just trying to use this as a stepping stone to the Whitehouse anyway and EVERYTHING he does and says right now has that agenda in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
If the help was offered to him and he didn't say yes I'd take that for a "no"! And after 11 days to think it over it would appear it's a pretty firm "no". What's so hard to figure out?

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page