I'm going to fall in line - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Default I'm going to fall in line

I have to go to the lab at the hospital in a little while to get a covid-19 test before the surgeon will whittle on me Thursday. I'm going to slip on a mask to protect all those sick people that will be there. It will come off the instant I exit the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 09:15 AM

Man! That's one scary thought! Just protect yourself as much as you can oldandslow. We carry a small spray bottle of alcohol with us anytime we leave the house and so far it seems to do the job. Good luck with the test, and the whittling too!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 07:44 PM

Good luck, oldandslow. Glad to hear you can get in to the hospital to get it done. A lot of them have pretty much been shut down. Don't know what your having whittled, but I hope when you recover you'll be "oldandfast".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 04:41 AM

I was surprised yesterday. Went to the napa and ace hardware and just about everyone in there was still wearing masks. Seems all the defiant bad a____s are right here on greybeard. Gives hope that there is intelligent life on the planet.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

OK (I think). What you said is the Planet's intelligent lives, labeled "defiant", ARE right here on GBO Forums. I'm good with that.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 07:28 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I was surprised yesterday. Went to the napa and ace hardware and just about everyone in there was still wearing masks. Seems all the defiant bad a____s are right here on greybeard. Gives hope that there is intelligent life on the planet.
I don't care how you read it Lloyd, that is another insult aimed at starting more controversy. Seems like you are at odds with about half of the people on this forum and you are a "Moderator". I visit lot's of gun related/shooting forums and this forum is the first where the biggesst sh!t disturber is a moderator.:tango _face_grin:

It's ok, I can't get in trouble because I:tango_face_gri n: put a smiley face at the end of my post!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 08:39 AM

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 09:34 AM

oldandslow: make sure you tell the doctor you want the parts back. Don't let those guys get away with anything, but thank you for masking up.
I know a lot of the guys here think masking, as well as social distancing is unnecessary but if you look at a time line of the virus it could be around for a long time and just because we/you/I/a bunch of us here didn't get it or pick it up in the first rush, it doesn't mean we can't get it later before it's over or passed. Just stay safe.
It's quite possible that up to 75% of the population could walk away from coming in contact with this and not be affected at all. That does not necessarily mean that we carried it and/or passed it on but it's that 25% that will get it and up to 5-7% suffer mortality. We are already in questionable waters here with our ages and any other underlying problems we old farts get as we go along, so just stay safe, please and thank you.
I've been shopping, the markets, discount stores, auto parts, etc., for whatever is necessary for me. I have masked, distanced myself socially and generally stayed away from people, especially those who refuse to even mask and look like they are the sort who don't give a squat if someone else gets it even if they are passing it around. Regrettably maybe, this is not the brain eating zombie virus that would let all us preppers and survivalists gear up for zombie assaults and then complain that body shots don't work, ya gotta make head shots, etc.etc., so we just ahve to take it easy. I'm still seeing people who go into busy places and refuse to mask up, and they get told about it and sometimes publically shamed. For us however, the most important thing is to stay safe so that we can all come back here and whizz and moan and argue and insult and all that if we want to; the important thing in this is that we will be alive and able to carry on and do so.
So far this virus has killed more than the flu. I don't know if it has killed more than alcoholism or traffic fatalities or shootings or stabbings but I am not going to argue statistics and information put out by state governments about re-opening things up. NYS is going to allow easing of the restrictions for Memorial Day but limiting gatherings to ten and under (like good luck with that in nyc) with a general re-opening by June 15. So that means we have been in 'lock down' for 3 months and that 90 days is six times the length of a general 2 week quarantining period and we are only now just flattening the curve - which really means that we've simply stretched out the peak and that it continued for a while and is now just lessening somewhat but I'm still waiting for the spikes that will occur after every major holiday and summer event.
90 days, not like a real war, but the virus is a killer, so let's just play it safe. Social distancing is not difficult, especially at the range. It's like 'Hey'! I got a gun! Back off at least six feet. That message is clear. And thank you all very much for reading my rant.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 12:39 PM

Masks are worthless, do NOTHING to protect any one, period.
They are a sign of paranoid fear of the virus, or job security , do as you are told or go work some where else.

I was at Home Depot yesterday, and some poor dudes and dudettes had the miseralbe task of trying to prevent customers from entering the garden shop door.
You were supposed to go in the main door and only exist the garden shop door; I was there when some old bi-ch was yelling at the young person : DO NOT LET ANY ONE IN THIS DOOR, if they go out to buy plant out here, THEY HAVE TO GO BACK IN THE MAIN ENTRANCE.

The young dude had replaced a young girl who had the job when I walked by her and did not stop.
The girl tried but the dude was smart enough to just tell them the BS spiel and if they did not stop, let them go.

RR
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 04:47 PM

Went to the dentist where I was supposed to wear a mask in the waiting room. Took it but never put it on. Supposed to be mandatory but no one tried to enforce it... If they would have pushed the issue I would have complied as I needed them more then they needed me. May have went elsewhere afterwards, must say that dentist was good...

Make America great. Steel for the wall so we donít need cannons to shoot these turds back across the border...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page