Group Buy - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Group Buy

I have been in from day one on this project from when the reamer was ordered and all the work making sure the round was safe, consistent and accurate. You can look over my shooting examples and see that even with an average guy behind the trigger this one is a shooter.

If you want or need any information about loading process or load development feel free to contact me. BHW will be handling all the sales stuff but I will be glad to assist in the field or get you someone else if we get stumped.

Greg

PS: Master Yoda is the owner of Black Hole.

The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardertr
If it's related to this post:

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...,248256.0.html

It might help break the ice a LITTLE.

Actually that is on my 6X45.

Try this one on the 6X68 is what you might like to read. . A totally different animal. Kind of the 6X45's Big Brother.8

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...,259681.0.html

Greg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Hi Carl I don't see anything about the group buy at the link either you or Greg have given. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Guys GBO is working with BlackHole on this group buy project. We'll have a banner in the rotation on it when Carl's folks get it made up and sent to me. If you buy thru GBO you'll get your upper with the GBO logo or name (not sure just which yet as mine hasn't arrived yet).

As soon as my upper arrives which I think will be this week I'll get some photos posted. Ammo shouldn't be too far behind. Last time I spoke with Carl he was waiting to get the boxes back from printer so he could get ammo boxed up to ship out.

Carl or Greg what about dies for reloading? I don't recall if Carl said they were included with uppers or not. Since it is a wildcat we will at least need a source for dies.

Looking forward to my upper. I have some 6.8 magazines and brass on the way that should be here tomorrow. Once I get upper, ammo and dies I should be ready to get started shooting it if the heat will let up long enough for me to get out.

Bill aka the Graybeard

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graybeard
Hi Carl I don't see anything about the group buy at the link either you or Greg have given. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Guys GBO is working with BlackHole on this group buy project. We'll have a banner in the rotation on it when Carl's folks get it made up and sent to me. If you buy thru GBO you'll get your upper with the GBO logo or name (not sure just which yet as mine hasn't arrived yet).

As soon as my upper arrives which I think will be this week I'll get some photos posted. Ammo shouldn't be too far behind. Last time I spoke with Carl he was waiting to get the boxes back from printer so he could get ammo boxed up to ship out.

Carl or Greg what about dies for reloading? I don't recall if Carl said they were included with uppers or not. Since it is a wildcat we will at least need a source for dies.

Looking forward to my upper. I have some 6.8 magazines and brass on the way that should be here tomorrow. Once I get upper, ammo and dies I should be ready to get started shooting it if the heat will let up long enough for me to get out.
The top link on Carls post takes you there. Here it is again.

http://www.blackholeweaponry.proboar...12&page=1#6683

Loading the cartridge requires a couple things. A Redding 6.8 SPC Type S Full Length sizer that takes bushings. A .285 and a .287 bushing. We are using Hornady 6 MM seater dies as they are universal. The addition of the micrometer stem is a nice add on on them. A 6.8 shell holder and you are GTG. Most of us have been using Silver State brass and getting super case life out of it.

Neck down is straight forward. No neck turning. The throat is cut for mag length ammo so that is a plus and the 1:9 is a well balanced twist for the best bullets IMHO for this one.

Greg

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

for more information including reloading dies and etc.
http://www.blackholeweaponry.proboar...cgi?board=6x68
More information can be found on the two other forums associated with this group buy:
www.blackholeweaponry.proboards.com
www.ar15armory.com
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 07:16 PM

I've been asked to find out if a longer barrel, or shorter one, would be desired on the 6X68 builds. Would you prefer a different finish vs the satin?

Let me know and I'll pass it on or go to the BHW forum direct and post a note up. They really want to please the customers and direct feedback would be helpful.

Greg

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 03:11 PM

That is a sweet looking upper that will be great for deer and predators. The posted groups got my old heart to pumping. I realize there are various options that will alter the group costs but was unable to find what the costs are going to run.

Appreciate the efforts you folks are going to in getting this put together.

Silvertp
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

The substitutions are official ;D on the group buy
* 18" or 24" barrel length
* machine or blackened finish
* threaded muzzle 1/2x28
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Hello:
This group buy is recieving a lot attention on other forums and am checking in with this fine group of folks on this forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page