asinglearrow is a bait and switch seller - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Default asinglearrow is a bait and switch seller

3/25/19 I responded to a for sell add selling a Camo Bushnell scout 1000/with ARC for $125.00 ,sent the money and then listed my Nikon 800 (waterproof ) the scout is not ! After opening the box I saw it did not have the ARC features
Bow mode 5-99yds horizontal distance/Rifle mode gives holdover so the features I bought where missing . I PMed the seller and told him this was not what I wanted and I had listed mine for sale . He responded that he must have shippied mine to a buyer on another site and he would try to get it back or make this right (bragged about his steller rating on the other site . He also suggested since I might cancel my sale on ebay ,I explained there was a bid already and it would not be fair to that bidder,he suggested to make up an excuse to cancel anyhow . Long story short a week later he suggested I return (AT MY COST) for a refund ,.I explained I wanted the rangefinder promised or a partial refund (paid $125 and sold mine for $60) and mine was waterproof otherwise comparable /$65.00 difference .So buy from this guy and take your chances ,I did and got stuck with a rangefinder I did not want and can not tell you what the other buyer got/Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to asinglearrow

This is incorrect i fully admitted to the error and offered a complete refund after i could not get you the one with arc and you nastily declined the refund and expected more! I never stated you return it at your cost i offered to issue a full refund with shipping that you declined sir. I never suggested for you to make up an excuse to cancel. You sir asked me if you should cancel the sale of the other one just in case i could not obtain the one with arc and then stated you could not cancel due to a bid??? I admitted to making an error, apologized and did everything i could to make it right by offering a full refund and then you could have ordered anything you wanted but that wasn't good enough for you??? Furthermore what you did with your other one has nothing to do with this. And for your information the other buyer got more than what he paid for due to my error. Thank you

On the plains of hesitation Lie the blackened bones of countless thousands who at the dawn of victory sat down to rest and while resting died!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Your right about one thing the other guy got more and I got less and no you said full refund never mentioned shipping (ONCE) Since mine was sold before yours arrived,I am without if I returned the one you shipped !And that"s fair ? Never again and I"m not sure there is another guy/just sayin Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to asinglearrow

Sir full refund included shipping and that would have been fair and exactly what paypal or anyone else would have expected or required? I did not lie to you or do this intentionally i made an honest mistake. I admitted my mistake, apologized and tried to correct it but that wasn't good enough for you? Seems you are the type of person that never made an honest mistake or could ever be satisfied. Again my apologies. Enough already

On the plains of hesitation Lie the blackened bones of countless thousands who at the dawn of victory sat down to rest and while resting died!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

I agree, you've both had your say, and members can evaluate based on the comments made how they wish to deal with either of you in the future.

For what it's worth I once bought a new in box with plastic wrap intact Leupold scope from a member here. I got a used one with different reticle than was advertised. I got the excuse the one I bought was shipped in error to another buyer.

There was an offer by the seller to refund my purchase price, no discussion of shipping by him. Since he wasn't honest enough to ship me what he listed for sale I didn't feel like trusting him to refund my money as he wanted the scope back first. I left him bad feedback and then banned him from the site forever.

Yes I've made honest mistakes in shipping at least once maybe twice and I immediately made the buyer whole again with a full refund to include shipping. No one is absolutely perfect and mistakes can happen especially if you are selling a bunch of similar stuff at the same time.

I can understand the position you are both taking on this matter and do see why both of you think you are being reasonable and why the other isn't being. Work it out or not, but I'll leave this here so others can see the comments from both so they can decide how to deal with each of you in the future.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks /Ed
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:32 PM

Gun Cabinet

I've rec'd items from members of this forum that were mistakenly shipped.
After explanations were exchanged, arrangements were made to the satisfaction of both parties.
I have always found the members here stand-up individuals and would vouch for all that I've had dealings with.
I feel that this community represents a fine bunch of Americans and considerations should given and agreements arrived at sensibly.
My thanks to all of you.
Jimmy

Think twice, shoot once...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page