FORUM SKILLS 101 - INSERTING PHOTOS AND IMAGES IN THREADS, POSTS, AND PM's - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner
Default FORUM SKILLS 101 - INSERTING PHOTOS AND IMAGES IN THREADS, POSTS, AND PM's

This instruction thread is written for the IBM/HP/DELL/similar/Windows PC Tower and laptop user.

THREADS AND POSTS

1.) DRAG and DROP.
Using THIS method will ALWAYS insert the image AT THE END of the post.

..a.) There is already an area below every POST NEW THREAD, QUICK REPLY, and GO ADVANCED that allows you to insert images on YOUR computer.
..b.) You will need another WINDOWS EXPLORER session open simultaneously to the area where your image is stored.
..c.) Press the Windows Icon on your keyboard AND the "E" key simultaneously. Windows Explorer will open. Navigate to the image file.
..d.) LEFT CLICK and HOLD the mouse on the image file name.
..e.) DRAG and DROP that file in the appropriate GBO window/area.

2.) Image Hosting.
Using this method will insert the image where you write the code.

..a.) Upload your image to Photobucket, Postimages, or other FREE image hosting site. You will most likely be required to REGISTER at the image hosting site.
..b.) Copy the hosted image URL between specific "[img]" and "["/img"]" code (eliminating the quotation marks) or it won't work. Example:
"["img"]"https://i.postimg.cc/B6jy432W/plunger-shotgun.png"["/img"]"

Result:

PERSONNAL MESSAGES

i.) Use the same technique as 2.) above for Image Hosting.

or

ii.) Use INSERT IMAGE in Quick Reply or Go Advanced. You MUST already know the URL of the image you want (anywhere on the WWW). COPY that URL and paste it when prompted in the INSERT IMAGE drop down prompt shown here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SEND 1.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	240834  

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 07:33 PM

Thanks for the information. I don't mean to sound un-apprecitative , and I guess I'm just a "gun bubba", but all those steps have my head spinning. I'll have to give it a go sometime when I'm not in a hurry to get an image to someone. I had purchased something from a member, here on the forum, and wanted to send him a pic of the USPS money order. I guess we'll just wait for it to get there. That way, he'll know for sure he has it in his hands. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page