Thread: 44 Special
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 09:47 AM
45-70.gov

Send a message via Yahoo to 45-70.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionary5155 View Post
Greetings
The 5 shot 44 Special in the smaller frame revolver is a very nice carry / backup revolver. The Smith & Wesson 696 has been around many years and is highly sought after. Taurus made a fine little Titanium 5 shot that becomes forgotten after a few minutes. Rossi has also made the 5 shots in several models.
Now Ruger has finally stepped up with the 5 shot GP100. Last I looked the price is dropping as the feeding frenzy "I was the first" is dying down. On GB there are some with a starting price of $599 plus shipping. By Summer they should be near the real price the 357 mag models sell for.
The 5 shots are not designed for hunting although they easily could up close. But for a carry revolver they will do everything required. Nothing like "looking down the bore of the deadly 44 of...." all in a package that is well priced and probably far stronger than any other out there.
Mike in Peru

well with the model 69 out
i bet it might be time to see some of those 696
to show up on the used market....makeing room for someones new 69

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the history of mankind
free choice and equality can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any democrat voters ''they sat and watched them die''...they told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome