Graybeard Outdoors - View Single Post - What am I doing wrong?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
atllaw

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdFx View Post
Make sure you put at least two if not more traps where you find coon sign as they are still traveling as families.
Great advice! I think I'll put 2 or 3 DP's around each of our feeders since they love that corn!

Which makes me wonder, if you catch one and it starts complaining about being caught, will the others high tail it outa there? If so, will they come back the next night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar_Tuck View Post
I have had my best luck with the cheapest dry cat food I can find, and then drizzle some salmon oil around.
I was thinking of trying dry cat food. And I thought I'd continue to drip some lure around. Which makes me think of...

Two more questions:
First, how much bait do you put in a DP trap? I saw one video where the guy filled one to overflowing. That just didn't look right to me... I was thinking of filling it to just below the trigger.
Second, is it possible to use too much bait and lure?

Bear with me boys; this 73 y.o. dog is trying to learn new tricks! And while I have always believed experience is the best teacher, I also believe what my Daddy used to say: "It'd a wise man who learns from the experience of others."

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome