Graybeard Outdoors banner

100 rounds.

4K views 36 replies 6 participants last post by  teamnelson 
#1 ·
A CZ 75 compact, Without a glitch.
Not only three rounds, not like some adored handguns here have. Two inch group at 40 yards.

#7 · (Edited)
My Colt Gold Cup Series 80....worked over a bit by the late George Madore...went nearly 40,000 rounds without a glitch. Then there was a stovepipe. Over the next 40,000 rounds there were three more.
Three inch group at 50 yards.
You have that to look forward to. Keep shooting. The CZ is a gun with a good reputation.
Pete

#15 · (Edited)
Your opinion, i think they are junk and i've lost all confidence in them. JMO. I found this out one night
when something banged on the side of the house really hard. I went out with my rugrat and it was a
big badger who became aggressive. One shot that's all it did, i had to throw rocks at it.

What if that would have been something else? We've already had one home invasion, i don't want
another one and a gun that doesn't work. I'm entitled to my opinion and not worship at the altar.

#16 ·
Your opinion, i think they are junk and i've lost all confidence in them. JMO. I found this out one night
when something banged on the side of the house really hard. I went out with my rugrat and it was a
big badger who became aggressive. One shot that's all it did, i had to throw rocks at it.

What if that would have been something else? We've already had one home invasion, i don't want
another one and a gun that doesent work.
got to put some of that stuff thats slick you know called gun oil hello! on that slide yah know :tango_face_wink: makes it cycle better

#18 ·
Cajun Gunworks provides excellent aftermarket parts. I installed their pro kit in an all steel 75 compact. Trigger pull reduced and as smooth as butter. Trigger position was reduced 7mm rather than 5mm. Short reset. Both double and single action are like butter. My next upgrade will be the CGW barrel bushing. If you are handy you can do install and CGW is good for giving assistance. There is also a tutorial to walk you through the installation.

#20 · (Edited)
I've read where he has some good parts. And some guys were doing all the work themselves and it isn't
that hard to do. I might want to check that out LC. Even like it is now i am impressed how accurate
it is. I've always liked the CZ rifles, thought i'd give the pistols a try.

#28 ·
Its part of the defensive carry package, 8# DA, 3.8# SA and 50% reset reduction. With that, the 10x and the sights, I have never been so happy with a semi-auto handgun. I only had a few months of shooting CMP pistol with it, and it was as good or better than some of the Colt NM and Les Baers we had on the team. Looking forward to taking it out for Practical Pistol in RI.

#35 ·
I do ok with the 147gr Hornady JHP load. Pete it seems to cycle and fire all of it, even reloads. I want to
do what LC did to his. Not bad for a former commie, and once Nazi country. But they did make guns for both of them.
STG44, and the VZ58 are some of them. The Soviets were accually upset because the VZ58 was much better
rifle than the AK47, it was accurate.

#32 ·
I’d like to see some hard data but legend surrounding the CZ 75 (and 85?) suggest that the slide being built within the frame gives better accuracy due to design. Factory issue the slide is very stiff to rack. After installing the Pro Kit with reduced spring tensions slide operation improved tremendously. I have yet to measure single and double action pull weight. I should put that on my short list for the spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.