Graybeard Outdoors - View Single Post - hogs
Thread: hogs
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
gallahad

Default hogs

i was just perusing the small game regs., and noticed that "it is illegal to keep fenced feral hogs for hunting purposes" I have no notion of discussing the impact of feral hogs in wisconsin, but the terminology the dnr keeps coming up with really bothers me. isnt a hog that is fenced......livestock? just read about a fella in Michigan fighting for his farm. Plus he is being fined 10,000 per russian boar-700000$ he is raising. I think government has too much power when they tell us what kinds of livestock we are allowed to raise. or when we cant sell our farm fresh goods.-raw milk, meat, etc. the feral hog problem started and progressed to the point it is because of escaped-DOMESTIC- hogs. well documented. happened before big game farms were so prevalent. one who raises exotics (fenced farm animals) has got good money stuck into an investment. they are not going to want those animals escaping. the fella in MI, (or someone in the article) thinks that the big pork producers are involved somehow, as much of the "specialty" pork comes from even domestic speceis of hog that are considered "invasive". they bring more money, can be pasture raised for better quality, but are illegal in his state. Id like any thoughts on the rights/ farming aspect of this conversation. a hog is a hog. if you can raise one kind of pig in a state you should be able to raise ANY kind of pig in that state, until the state says you cant raise any pigs at all. then we got another problem.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome