Graybeard Outdoors - View Single Post - Praying in Jesus' Name
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:53 PM
bugeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamnelson View Post

In John 14:13, Jesus said to His disciples, “Whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” And in John 16:24: “Until now, you have asked nothing in my name. Ask and you will receive that your joy may be full.”

So we cannot just ask for anything; what we ask for must be for God's glory and our joy.

First, if you pray, other than in your closet, it should be in Jesus' name for a very simple reason; Someone in your audience might ask, is he praying to the muslim god??
Or is he praying to ganesha the elephant god, or buddha, or hare krishna, you get the idea.
IMO, if you leave out HIS name it sounds like you're ashamed to be a Christian.
I wear the badge proudly, because he is my Savior. Savior, you know what that means to me, it means eternity in His presence.
We cannot give credence to any other religion or we belittle Jesus.
why would anyone take a stupid chance with their eternity.
I know that some preachers and chaplins treat the Bible like it was written by lawyers, but, the NT is written in plain language so that dummies like me can work out our Salvation with fear and trembling.

Second, as I mentioned to pastorp recently, I never pray for myself except to ask for forgiveness or ask for wisdom as I study his word.
My prayers are for thanksgiving, for GODs glory, and for blessings on others.
All that said, GOD has blessed my wife and I abundantly.

I know you asked for scripture, but you seem to have done quite well in that area, so I don't feel obligated.
I've read the NT over and over, and there's nothing in there that gives me the green light to pray in any way except in the name MY SAVIOR.

It's just common sense to me.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome