Graybeard Outdoors - View Single Post - Saturday opener?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
neckisred

Just a little misunderstanding. A lot is lost in text. I'm a meat hunter. Always have been, always will be. I take as many doe as I legally can in PA and those tags are $26.75 each for a non resident landowner such as myself. Having the opportunity to take a few doe for meat, gives me the opportunity to pass on smaller legal bucks that hopefully make it another season. If someone else takes a smaller buck that I have passed on, good for them.

I am fortunate enough to hunt every day of rifle season and all of muzzleloader season, so I can be selective. I'm far from being a horn hunter, but who doesn't like taking a nice buck? Never been one to criticize anyone for taking whatever deer they choose to take. Seeing young hunters and old guys take a deer is far more of a thrill than taking any deer myself.

The Saturday opener just means I leave for camp a day earlier. I hunt the Ohio/PA border, so I get the Saturday opener in PA and the Monday opener in Ohio. Win win for me and hopefully lots of youngsters and working folks who don't get much time off.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome