Graybeard Outdoors - View Single Post - K Hornet bullet seating trouble and solution maybe
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:48 AM
cwlongshot

The Lyman M Die is worth its weight to solve these issues a d a REQUIREMENT for cast. As too tight a next and a soft bullet can actually be resized BY the action of seating the bullet. Resulting in inaccuracy and leading.

The K Hornet case is far more durable. I havent had this issue but my first thought was too soft brass and annealing would only serve to exacerbate that issue.

I really think your on to the problem and feel the issue is the die itself. I use a Redding set in my K and have had zero issues. I have the die set to partially size. Cannot call it true neck sizing but its close. My K is a re chambered Handi.

Being the K has a few variances depending on whos reamer you use different cases really need to be fire formed from your rifle.

But If you would like, I can send you some of my own K cases and see what that gets you.

CW

EDIT; Super gluing bullets in to establish neck tension, I do not feel is your best idea...

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome