Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gloucester, Virginia
Here are a couple of things to consider that could affect accuracy beyond 50yds.
- Check the crown for imperfections
- Float the forend with a rubber o-ring
- Crimping the same everytime - some rifles like heavy, some like none
- Scope magnification - I can shoot tighter groups at shorter distance with lower power scopes
- shooter consistency - errors are magnified at distance
Hopefully you get it tightened up, but remember a 4" group means you'll always hit within 2" of where you're aiming.
I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem