Graybeard Outdoors - View Single Post - Are fiat/ram pickups junk?
View Single Post
post #81 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 02:53 PM
rosewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
Truth is all cars are better built today than they were 25 years ago. I had a Ford habit back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. They all lasted over 150k before I sold them. The only reason I changed to GM/ Chevy is because Ford didn't have a rear locker on their trucks and Chevy did. Getting my Ford F150 and Ford Bronco pulled out of the ditch by Chevy trucks made me a believer. Haven't been stuck since.

Mine came with the limited slip. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It works both in forward and reverse, most lockers don't work in reverse. I have many times driven up the hill at our gun range in 2wd and watched a 4 runner in 4wd slipping and sliding all over the place.

The only time I have gotten stuck was at the city dump. Was dropping off a tree in the wood pile, backed down into the mud knowing I need 4wd to get out. My autolockers failed to lock. The safety clip that holds the snap ring in place broke and jammed the mechanism. Was an easy fix when I got home and figured it out and fortunately there was someone there to pull me out. No harm no foul.

Rosewood

Go Donald Go!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome