Graybeard Outdoors - View Single Post - Range report: .35 Remington 760
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
neckisred

Default Range report: .35 Remington 760

Picked up this Remington 760 .35 Remington at a local show in 2017. Gun is an honest 75%+ condition, but by no means collector quality. Being a first year production gun it was not drilled and tapped for a scope. I paid less than half of what I'd seen these .35's selling for, but with open sights it was pretty much just a lookin at gun for me. So I put it away with all my other lookin at guns and moved on.

Fast forward 2+ years, I just couldnt take it anymore. Given the condition, I convinced myself that drilling and tapping wouldnt hurt the value all that much. I bought the gun right and REALLY wanted to shoot it. So out to the shop we went and a couple hours later, it was wearing a short Redfield Jr mount and an older Leupold 3-9. Replaced the trigger spring and the next day I dug out my .35 loading stuff and got after it.

Mondays trip to the range was pretty much a failure. I can only shoot 50 yards (long story) and the old Leupold scope wasnt clear at that distance, but I shot all the ammo I had loaded and drove home pissed and disappointed. Back to the drawing board.

Swapped out the old Leupold for a Sightron Sll that I knew was crystal clear at 50 yards. Loaded up 26 more rounds and hit the range yesterday. 3 shots at 50 yards with a mid range load of H4895 and 180 grain Hornady SSPB #3505. I know 50 yard targets are nothing to brag about, but when they shoot this well at 50 yards, I'm fairly confident it will shoot well at 100 yards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i35 (2).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	243178  

Click image for larger version

Name:	i35 (1).jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	243180  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome