Small Group Plains Game Hunt to Namibia 2019 - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Had a txt from Jan that two clients shifted their hunting dates a few days in June and this opened up a 3 1/2 week window for another hunter(s) this June.

I can go along if someone or a husband/wife/son/daughter would like to go. Can be any firearm(s) you'd like to hunt with except handguns or semi or full automatic rifles. I'll bring same type of rifle you bring from single shot, lever or bolt. I don't shoot black powder but this would be a terrific time and place to do a real "traditional" black powder African safari.

If anyone is interested, it would be good to start making definite plans and date commitments sooner rather than later. This is primarily because the flights start booking and filling and ticket prices start climbing pretty steeply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Just wanted to give this a gratuitous Sunday bump up and repeated and highlighted the discounted offer above in case someone missed it.

He said that anyone who books and confirms via deposit BEFORE 1 Apr 2019, will get 25% off the daily rate. Game fees remain the same. That is nearly $1000.00 discount on a 1x1 10-day hunt. He hasn't offered a daily rate like this since 2010. This offer is the same if I'm your guide over or you go on your own.

I would honestly hate for someone whose dreamed of going to miss out on this. At that discounted rate, you looking at $262.00 per day for a 1x1 hunt and $206.00 per day for a 2x1 plains game African safari.

Still dates open in Aug and Sep.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Want to pass along a little update.

Still a window open for this June but, airfares for June bookings have taken their normal high season price increase. When I originally posted this, airfares for this June could still be booked, depending on city of origin, for $1500 or less r/t. Right now, it's difficult to still find economy class seats for this June for under $2500 r/t. If you check yourself, be very careful because a number of lower cost airline offers, those airlines don't allow firearms or charge $100-$200 extra per rifle case each way.

I've asked Jan to pencil my wife and I in for a two week window the last two weeks of this Aug to the first two weeks of this Sep. Airline tickets can still be had for the normal "shoulder season" prices of $1500 or a little under. We're leaving this sliding window open till around mid May to allow anyone else who'd like to go to fit their schedule into that window. Once we purchase our tickets, our dates will be locked. Others will still be welcome but, will have to match our dates.

I am still willing to go with anyone who'd still like to go this Jun or remaining open dates this Aug or Sep.

As always, feel free to PM or public post with any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Quick update - I've committed to mid Jun hunt but, Jan still has some windows open for late Aug-early Sept.

He has also extended the 25% discount on the daily rates for anyone who books a hunt from now to the end of next year's (2020) hunting season and confirms/locks the trip by paying a deposit by the end of 2019. The discount means the daily rate for a 1x1 hunt will be $262.50 and 2x1 will be $206.25 per day. Trophy fees are unchanged.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page