Childhoods end. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Default Childhoods end.

It's SciFi but a question I've always pondered since I read the book when I was 16. At the end where the last human was still alive on that Alien ship, and the earth was about to be atomised. And the Aliens offered him to stay with them. He chose to go back and become extinct as we all did. He didn't want to be the last one.

What would you have chosen to do? I think I would have stayed, he would have been the last remaining history of who we ever were.

Last edited by Argent11; 06-13-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 05:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to gene_225

Watch "Flight of the Navigator" for a similar question (actually there are two questions asked).
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene_225 View Post
Watch "Flight of the Navigator" for a similar question (actually there are two questions asked).
I did like that one gene. That's SciFi, stop making it another Freddy Krueger splatter film.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 05:37 PM

I would write a book.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensker View Post
I would write a book.
I guess you would have a lot of time on your hands to do it. But I don't know if I would want to spend the rest of my life on a space ship with eight foot tall demon looking aliens. And one that's goes around quoting Shakespeare all the time.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 11:05 AM

I would rather be among livin' aliens than to be on a dead planet by myself. second option, I would just go ahead & commit 'sideways' (suicide for the pun challenged).

"Let's bring back the good old GBO. where the men were men & the sheep knew it!"
----------------------and the women glad of it--------------------------:

-----------------"How d'you Expect to Die if ya Dodge Everything?"--------------------
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 11:07 AM

and interestin' as it is, I still can't for the life of me see why a sci-fi section is in the 'classified' section of the forum.

"Let's bring back the good old GBO. where the men were men & the sheep knew it!"

-----------------"How d'you Expect to Die if ya Dodge Everything?"--------------------
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
I would rather be among livin' aliens than to be on a dead planet by myself. second option, I would just go ahead & commit 'sideways' (suicide for the pun challenged).
Yea, you would go crazy after awhile, but just think about all the free beer you would have all to yourself.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
and interestin' as it is, I still can't for the life of me see why a sci-fi section is in the 'classified' section of the forum.
Technically it isn't Bubba. In reality it is in it's own section so to speak. Note that there is a line between it and the forums in the Classifieds section.

I'm having some issues figuring out how to set up new forums and get them where I want them to be. My intentions was to put it in the section with the PBSF, political discussion and such. I just was not able to get it there even after several attempts.

Where it is was as close as I was able to get to there. It took me several tries to get the new General discussion forum there and I still can't seem to change the order of forums within a section. If there is a way to do that I sure haven't figured it out yet.

Bill aka the Graybeard

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
Yea, you would go crazy after awhile, but just think about all the free beer you would have all to yourself.

in my youth that may have been a serious consideration but, since my consumption is now about 1/2 dozen or less of Chelada Piquantes per year, not so much of a draw now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page