The terror. - Page 5 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niska44 View Post
It's the number one most watched series on television right now. And the critics have nothing but good to say about it. Ridley Scott sure knows what he is doing.
I'm still watching the series. It is getting rather nasty up there in the arctic wasteland!
We all know this isn't Disney and there won't be a happy ending but I can't wait for the last couple episodes to see how it plays out.

Handi Rifles: 35 Whelen, 45-70 UH SS, 22-250 UV, 25-06 UH, 30-30, 7-08, 223, 308 Survivor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I caught some of it last night but we had something else going on so we weren't able to watch very much of it.
What was the thing with those two men walking around in that rocky icy waist land?

Are the crews turning on each other yet? I saw the part where they had figured out that the canned food was
contaminated with lead. We tied to use the DVR except we lost the Satellite signal due to a problem.
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niska44 View Post
I caught some of it last night but we had something else going on so we weren't able to watch very much of it.
What was the thing with those two men walking around in that rocky icy waist land?

Are the crews turning on each other yet? I saw the part where they had figured out that the canned food was
contaminated with lead. We tied to use the DVR except we lost the Satellite signal due to a problem.

The crew members walking about are searching for game to hunt so they can hopefully stop eating the contaminated canned food. That isn't going to well so far.
Things get rather interesting later in the episode but I don't want to give anything away. They will likely show the episode again this week before the next one on Monday.
Also, I think you can watch the episodes directly on the AMC website and stream them directly from there as well.

Handi Rifles: 35 Whelen, 45-70 UH SS, 22-250 UV, 25-06 UH, 30-30, 7-08, 223, 308 Survivor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc34 View Post
The crew members walking about are searching for game to hunt so they can hopefully stop eating the contaminated canned food. That isn't going to well so far.
Things get rather interesting later in the episode but I don't want to give anything away. They will likely show the episode again this week before the next one on Monday.
Also, I think you can watch the episodes directly on the AMC website and stream them directly from there as well.
Don't tell me, don't tell me. IT is working on the Satt link then we will go watch it then. Mars out lol.
Thank you for the update kc34.

NASA really does watch those like us in isolated situations and how we deal with it. Contract Halliburton.
They bring us everything right on time. So does Big Blue. We would end up like a Terror situation if they
didn't.

Last edited by Niska44; 05-08-2018 at 01:36 PM.
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Snuff, chewing tobacco and sunflower seeds seem to be in short supply lol.
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 01:56 PM

Yes, it has been very interesting. The party has split up, with a few remaining on the ship while most have begun a hopeless overland hike along the barren shore of Prince William island. If the situation wasn't bleak enough they soon discovered the remains of the party sent out last spring, they had only made 18 miles. This is all in line with actual discovered evidence from many sites along the shore of the Island. Inuit stories tell of some white men seen as much as two years later and several hundred miles south.

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotejoe View Post
Yes, it has been very interesting. The party has split up, with a few remaining on the ship while most have begun a hopeless overland hike along the barren shore of Prince William island. If the situation wasn't bleak enough they soon discovered the remains of the party sent out last spring, they had only made 18 miles. This is all in line with actual discovered evidence from many sites along the shore of the Island. Inuit stories tell of some white men seen as much as two years later and several hundred miles south.
^^^^^. You know this.
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 02:23 PM

Excuse me, I should has said King William Island, not Prince William, makes a difference if doing a google search. here is a more recent evaluation which largely discounts some earlier speculation that scurvy and lead poisoning were major factors in the demise of the crew.
https://theconversation.com/hms-terr...-science-65384

It's also interesting that some of the recovered remains of crewmen are believed to be female.

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Last edited by coyotejoe; 05-08-2018 at 02:55 PM.
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotejoe View Post
Excuse me, I should has said King William Island, not Prince William, makes a difference if doing a google search. here is a more recent evaluation which largely discounts some earlier speculation that scurvy and lead poisoning were major factors in the demise of the crew.
https://theconversation.com/hms-terr...-science-65384

It's also interesting that some of the recovered remains of crewmen are believed to be female.
Stewards, yomen ?
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 06:54 PM

Original crew manifests indicate all were male, if indeed there were any women aboard it was by stealth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page