Navy changing UFO reporting - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:00 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Regardless of testimony, the continuing “problems” with such reports are numerous. Two of the big ones are:
How did the little ships get here?
Where did they go after such encounters?
Pete
Large dark mother ship hideing out there or a base somewhere close by? Believers have a lot of theory's, including the one about the base being underwater. Causeing the problems associated with the Bermuda Triangle. Taos has a lot of reported night sightings in those mountains around there.

The Native Americans say what ever they are, they have always been there. They were once thought
to be the sprits of the dead. Possibly the Anasazi over in the four corners region, when there are
sightings over there.
Argent, my friend, I have heard those same “possibilities” for years. They smack more of Hollywood and the National Star than a reasonable speculation.
Travel to Earth at even a reasonable percentage of the speed of light would have to have begun long before the rise of civilization. No emissions to detect...how would they know Earth was here? Having gotten here...they do a flyby and leave? Lots of flybys over the last 75 years.
Pete

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:51 PM

Yeah Pete. But there is a point where we are sick of all this BS. Roswell

Last edited by Argent11; 04-28-2019 at 04:54 PM.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 06:12 PM
dcw

Unhappy geeeeeeee...

something moving in the 5 digits of speed would probably be invisible to the naked eye...the friction of our atmosphere would cause it to burn...

it's also puzzling why someone capable of intergalactic travel would enter earth's atmosphere and turn on outside lights and/or cabin lights...

lead, follow, or get out of the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
Yeah Pete. But there is a point where we are sick of all this BS. Roswell
LOL, sadly yours is just the attitude the pilots are sick of dealing with.

Pilots are about to receive a new memo from management: If you encounter an unidentified flying object while on the job, please tell us.
The U.S. Navy is drafting new rules for reporting such sightings, according to a recent story from Politico. Apparently, enough incidents have occurred in “various military-controlled ranges and designated airspace” in recent years to prompt military officials to establish a formal system to collect and analyze the unexplained phenomena. Members of Congress and their staffs have even started asking about the claims, and Navy officials and pilots have responded with formal briefings.

The Washington Post provided more details in its own story:
In some cases, pilots—many of whom are engineers and academy graduates—claimed to observe small spherical objects flying in formation. Others say they’ve seen white, Tic Tac–shaped vehicles. Aside from drones, all engines rely on burning fuel to generate power, but these vehicles all had no air intake, no wind and no exhaust.
The Navy knows how this sounds. It knows what you must be thinking. But the fact stands that some pilots are saying they’ve seen strange things in the sky, and that’s concerning. So the Navy is trying to assure pilots that they won’t be laughed out of the cockpit or deemed unhinged if they bring it up. “For safety and security concerns, the Navy and the [U.S. Air Force] takes these reports very seriously and investigates each and every report,” the Navy said in a statement to Politico.

RR
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:53 AM

remember one day as a teen ager with a few beers in my I thought we were aliens were attacking. Couple buddys and I were coming back from the lake and a few beers in my convertible when we heard a weird noise. Looked up and not much more then tree top height was a sr71. It made noises like no other air plane and we had never even heard about it. Supposidly it was one of the first air shows it was shown at and nobody but the base commander and wing commander knew it was coming. Well we about SH** ourselves. It had to be aliens attacking the afb. We raced through town and headed to the gate of the base and watched it make an approach to land. We were holding our breaths waiting for the death rays to start shooting. Still the most sinister looking plane ever made! By the way we had two majors that for a couple years hunted at our camp. Both 52 pilots and both claim to have seen ufos while crossing the atlantic. Both were level headed no bs kinds of guys.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:46 AM

Default Good read for an inquiring mind.

This is the best article I have found to date on this subject. The author (Tyler Rogoway) is highly respected in the aerospace field.

Quality info vs typical MSM flyby. Too long to cut and paste. Contains several additional links that offer more.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ent-of-defense

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:35 AM

LOL, sadly yours is just the attitude the pilots are sick of dealing with.

lol I reckon so. But if there really is something to all this it's high time that the government comes out and admits it. That's what I ment, no more speciation and all of the what "ifs".The truth isn't going to hurt us it hasn't so far. Not as much as the denial and the not knowing has. Like here, we have perfectly sane pilots,
both military and commercial. Who know they saw something they couldn't explain.

I wonder how many good pilots have been taken off flight status due to this? And how many of them have
just kept they're mouth shut?
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgael View Post
Argent, my friend, I have heard those same “possibilities” for years. They smack more of Hollywood and the National Star than a reasonable speculation.
Travel to Earth at even a reasonable percentage of the speed of light would have to have begun long before the rise of civilization. No emissions to detect...how would they know Earth was here? Having gotten here...they do a flyby and leave? Lots of flybys over the last 75 years.
Pete
^^^this.
Pete, maybe you and I haven't seen them because we aren't out looking for them. Nor expecting to see one.
Over every little anomaly in the sky. For one thing, since the 1950s there is a heck of a lot of junk orbiting
around out there. Some of those orbits are starting to decay.

Then they put on one heck of a light show in an uncontrolled reentry. Which can cause that junk to seem
like it is darting around, depending on how aerodynamic it is. Most people will never see it because of
light pollution.

Your an astronomer you know this. I've seen that junk go from horizon to horizon in a ball of white hot
fire.

Last edited by Argent11; 04-29-2019 at 11:06 AM.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:08 AM

Gun Cabinet

Here is what bothers me about UFO sightings...(I understand that the reports may come from serious, level headed observers). We (the Earth) are not near anything. Both galactic and intergalactic travel involve distances that are pretty much unimaginable and transit times that match. And yet....there have been reports of UFOs since before last century. No contacts. Since the period of observation here on Earth is over a century, it is reasonable to assume that - if there are real ships - they are from different sources (either that or that mother ship has been hanging around unnoticed for quite a while)
Is the Earth a tourist stop?
Given the vastness of space and the time involved in travel, the ships all would have to have left at about the same time and decided to make their way to an Earth that was far, far less advanced than it is now. So...as noted in another post...no emissions to home in on.
Once here....where are they? Where do they go once they have whizzed by? Mother ships (a Hollywood term). Undetected for decades? Transit to and from the MS undetected?
I do not think so.
How many here are familiar with the SETI program run out of UC Berkeley since 1999 - the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. 20 years and no contacts. Are we to believe that all of the UFOs slipped by?
note: https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/. A useful thing to do with your computer.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
The readiness is all.
“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway ...
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 10:18 AM

Pete that's how we perceive things at our present level of technology. If they are real they would have to be
far more advanced than that. The thing about detection is there have been reports of them showing up on radar. Recently an asteroid of fair size did slip through detection and passed between us and the moon.
We didn't see it until it had already passed us by.

I completely agree with you about the vast distances that exist even here in our own solar sytem, much
less anything having to do wth interstellar. That fact alone is always the stumbling block involved in these discussions. Even science fiction movies and books are starting to deal with that reality the best they can.

There is still so much we don't know or understand.

Last edited by Argent11; 04-30-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page