Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Science, SciFi or just unexplained stuff (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/257-science-scifi-just-unexplained-stuff.html)
-   -   dino and human footprints in the same strata (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/257-science-scifi-just-unexplained-stuff/395414-dino-human-footprints-same-strata.html)

goodshot 05-14-2019 02:02 AM

dino and human footprints in the same strata

Darkgael 05-14-2019 07:01 AM

Hmm...and people talk about trolling.
What is to hash?
Quote:

In a riverbed in Paluxy, Texas, archaeologists have found both dinosaur tracks and human footprints together. Both made at the same time. And, not just one track, but dozens. All the tracks are the same age, about 140 million years old, and they were made together.
from the reference to Utah 1968 cited in the linked article:
Quote:

In the summer of 1968, an amateur fossil collector, William J. Meister, made the discovery of a lifetime 43 miles west of Delta, Utah. To his surprise he found a fossilized human footprint about the size of a US 13 shoe (3.5″W x 10.25″L) stepping on a trilobite. Now, trilobites only existed between 260 to 600 million years ago, so this makes it the oldest human fossil footprint ever discovered!
Do you not see the problem inherent with both of these statements?
Did you not take a moment to do a little research about these "discoveries" and read through alternative (and more sensible) explanations for what these footprints actually are?

Pete

RaySendero 05-14-2019 08:22 AM

Well...They are not my foot prints! So here's what I can quickly google:

The oldest known homo sapiens skeleton in was found in Ethiopia and dated to around 160,000 years ago.
There was no mention of how this dating was determined.

The oldest radio carbon dating was Cro-Magnon remains found in both Italy and Great Britain at 44,000 years ago.
Supposedly, radio carbon dating (RCD). with the best assumptions, is good to the 10-15,000 range.
This 44,000 year date is technically at the extreme range of RCD and thus could be WAY off.

So what's the deal Pete? I'm not finding an explanation.
Are these things evidence of 140 and 260 million year old bi-pedal foot print or not?

Bad Mike 05-14-2019 08:48 AM

Probably aliens out sport hunting on a distant pre-historic planet. Just sayin'...

RaySendero 05-14-2019 08:57 AM

Gosh, LOL, I'd hate to think how to skin and gut a dinosaur!

But, Really Pete, my mind is working low today.
If you believe have a good answer, Give me the EXEC summary.
I got to go to post office soon.

ironglow 05-14-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkgael (Post 2055890424)
Hmm...and people talk about trolling.
What is to hash?

from the reference to Utah 1968 cited in the linked article:

Do you not see the problem inherent with both of these statements?
Did you not take a moment to do a little research about these "discoveries" and read through alternative (and more sensible) explanations for what these footprints actually are?

Pete

Well, there are perhaps hundreds of articles written regarding the Paluxy River tracks, near Glen Rose, Texas. There are justifications from both sides, and we have dedicated Genesis type as well as evolutionary types debating..one just as fervent as the other.

Perhaps one thing is worth mentioning.. Some years ago, it was decided by the curators of the park to enlarge some of the landscape. Since some said the tracks were cut by somebody to appear that way, here was a possible chance of viewing the tracks, undisturbed by millions of years. This earthmoving would require landscaping machines to remove some layering which some of the tracks appeared to continue under. Believers, atheists and skeptics gathered to view the results.
As the tractor moved in to uncover the tracks where they seemingly entered under the layering...the tracks continued as usual. Scroll down to second photo. https://www.discoveryworld.us/dinosa...nosaur-tracks/

This, I must quibble with;
In the summer of 1968, an amateur fossil collector, William J. Meister, made the discovery of a lifetime 43 miles west of Delta, Utah. To his surprise he found a fossilized human footprint about the size of a US 13 shoe (3.5″W x 10.25″L) stepping on a trilobite. Now, trilobites only existed between 260 to 600 million years ago, so this makes it the oldest human fossil footprint ever discovered.[/COLOR]

I just measured my sneaker, size 12.. it's dimensions are 4.35 X 13.50...correction is due.

ironglow 05-14-2019 11:38 AM

It would appear that prehistoric foot prints are being discovered in other places.
https://www.genesispark.com/exhibits...al/footprints/

One thing for sure..for every creationist out there looking for early man evidence...there will be an unbeliever trying to find a way to dash his ideas..

It's an old story.. light/darkness, good/bad, male/female... ying and yang..

goodshot 05-14-2019 12:26 PM

Thank you IG, I had been aware of the Texas prints from an article in Nat. Geo a long time ago, wasn't aware of some of these others, very interesting.
best wishes

Argent11 05-14-2019 01:02 PM

Gosh, LOL, I'd hate to think how to skin and gut a dinosaur!

Ray, that's really not a good idea to even think about even if it were possible. In 1924 some Russian
tribesmen found a frozen wooly mammoth in a glacier. They thawed it out and ate it, they all died.

goodshot 05-14-2019 01:10 PM

That's a new one on me, will be fun to look it up. Maybe they had a lousy cook?
I had heard from mammoth had been found and eaten, not that any had died from it, but that was
just a blurb from some article. Thanks