Gift Hunt - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2020, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default Gift Hunt

I've been sponsoring gift hunts for deserving veterans since 2013 and just returned from gift hunt #9. As always my group really enjoyed meeting such a fine deserving veteran who gave much for all of us.

We traveled from far and near, from Wisconsin, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida to all meet up at the very nice cabin located in Johnson County, Georgia. We hunted 4 days and our group of 5 took 3 hogs. The hunt is fair Chase on various properties totalling 3500 acres.

We surprise our guest, once they arrive, with a brand new rifle and scope. This year the rifle was a Mossberg Patriot in .308 with a Burris FourX 1.5-6x42 with illuminated reticle. Pics of the rifle and our great veteran guest with his nice boar shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200116_115900977.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	241686  

Name:	IMG_20200218_085003422.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	241688  

Name:	image000001 (1).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	241690  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2020, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Congratulations in multiple categories, successful hunt, sincere thanks for your Selectee's service, giving back, choosing a beautiful Mossberg, Burris scopes are nice too, I could go on. Which of those young fellows pictured are you (center right in blue - SWAG)?
Old 02-22-2020, 05:44 AM

I salute you sir!!!!!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2020, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
Congratulations in multiple categories, successful hunt, sincere thanks for your Selectee's service, giving back, choosing a beautiful Mossberg, Burris scopes are nice too, I could go on. Which of those young fellows pictured are you (center right in blue - SWAG)?
It was the very last morning before we all headed out for home and no one else was around, so I took the picture of our group. I'm very lucky to have such fine men as friends who pencil this trip in for me each and every year. The elder statesman is 82 and this was his 6th gift hunt. Another good friend travels from Wisconsin and has been on all but one of the gift hunts with me.

I'll add a shout out here to the owner of the camp and business, "Woods N Water", Blaine Burley for his assistance over the years and also to the organization "Operation Second Chance" who locates a fine American service member for us to host and assists with their travel to the camp when needed. 🇱🇷🇱🇷
Old 02-22-2020, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I salute you sir!!!!!
While I certainly appreciate your kind words, I always feel like the lucky one, having made friends with another fine American Veteran.
Attached Images

Last edited by 336ER; 02-22-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in