Things we lived through as a kid. - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 03:07 PM

Back then the school coaches did a good job of that Ranger. Like with a paddle out in the hall.
The Nuns in grade school were just as bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 08:55 PM

We made zip guns, skied behind cow's tails, jumped like a trampoline on dead cows, smoked corn shucks and grape vines till our tongues felt like they were sandpapered, rode cows backwards to crank their tails and make them go faster, and played with old dynamite.
post #23 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:02 PM

Tempting rattlesnakes,riding bicycles without helmets,never washing our hands,parents smoking camels with Windows up and heater on, skiing on big canals with the rope tied to a pickup hitch,shooting guns with no hearing protection because cotton balls did not cut it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:37 PM

searched the railroad tracks for old railroad torpedoes, found some, got a bang out of them.

Survived the open air nuke tests of the 50's, newscasters told us to look at the bright red sky and enjoy it as it represented freedom.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #25 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 01:04 PM

Pushing a snoozing bull over, then run like heck lol. Slapping a snoozing bull on the butt then run like heck. Going into Cottonwood cave before they blocked it off. We never tore anything up in there, then the cholos with paint spray cans did.
Never harmed sitting bull falls, we climbed the face of the falls so we could get to that cave behind the falls. My girlfriend was freaking out climbing up that face. I backed up and took her back down.

That was a pretty dangerous thing to do back then. That was way before the visitor center. I bet O&S remembers when it was originally like that. We hung out with some of you guys from Lea. We met each other playing football games. Your Eagles, or Wildcats always beat us Rockets.

Last edited by Argent11; 09-24-2018 at 01:07 PM.
post #26 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 01:29 PM

Location: Southern Indiana surrounded by federal public land, Hoosier National Forrest

We would spend a week building the coolest 68 Camaro plastic model, hours putting it together and painting it. Then a month later I'd take the body off it and put it on a slot car and crash it for a month. Finally end up in the bone yard with the green army men, crashed off a cliff going down flaming with burning glue all over it only to explode in a "lake" of gasoline at the bottom.

Then we would spend the rest of the day shooting down each others "army" of little green solders with our bb guns.

"Last seen wandering Hoosier National Forest."
post #27 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 01:37 PM

makes sense to me, I give thanks we were normal.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #28 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 01:39 PM

model warships sent off in the pond with a cherry bomb on a cigarette-time delay fuse and doused with good old noxious chemical containing glue.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #29 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
We would spend a week building the coolest 68 Camaro plastic model, hours putting it together and painting it. Then a month later I'd take the body off it and put it on a slot car and crash it for a month. Finally end up in the bone yard with the green army men, crashed off a cliff going down flaming with burning glue all over it only to explode in a "lake" of gasoline at the bottom.

Then we would spend the rest of the day shooting down each others "army" of little green solders with our bb guns.
So did we, but then all of a sudden we discovered,,, girls lol. My mom asked me why aren't you playing with
your models, toys and your friends anymore in that tree house? And who is this Cathy girl who called?
She's a cheerleader. Mom just said Humm.

Last edited by Argent11; 09-24-2018 at 01:52 PM.
post #30 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 02:05 PM

I didn't care about any of that kid stuff anymore. It was like it happened overnight. Went to the swimming pool and Dianne Ridigly didn't look like a little kid anymore. Do any of you remember that change?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page