whooping cough? - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
Mix up equal parts raw honey & whisky. Thatís how my Granny cured mine when I had it as an infant. Ya could add a bit of lemon juice and/or cayenne to help cut the phlegm.

That was my mother and also my mother-in-law's recipe minus the pepper. It works well but the HotDamn is easier. Just pour it out of the bottle, no mixing needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

I finally gave in and went to the ER. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and prescribed Levofloxacin antibiotic.

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotejoe View Post
I finally gave in and went to the ER. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and prescribed Levofloxacin antibiotic.
Good; Home remedies were fine years ago, but not now.
You'll feel better soon.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:56 AM

hope you get better
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
So is polio and we once had defeated that in this country.
...And those unexamined "immigrants" have re-gifted us with tuberculosis ! ...And we had it whipped!

Still another thing we can thank our native liberal/leftists for !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

I was cautioned about the side effects of Levofloxacin and they have developed. My left Achilles tendon has become very sore. What a bizarre side effect and very odd that it is not just the occasional instance but it is so common among so many individuals. My sister-in-law was nearly unable to walk due to swollen tendons after taking Levofloxacin. These side effects are very well known so why would a doctor prescribe that stuff when there surely must be many antibiotics without such side effects.

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 10:59 AM

the theory they operate under is the sickness will kill before the soreness.
YMMV

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 05:15 PM
TM7

CJ....Don't know why doctors do that. Apparently they think side affects are rare. I had the same thing happen to my Achilles on that stuff....took forever to heal.

Probably is a half dozen other antibiotics effective on pneumonia. Pneumonia is usually related to poor stale ventilation and contamination. Not so much related to cold chilly or damp air.

Get new fresh pillows.
...TM7
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 06:19 PM

Sore Throat: (Haven't had one in 35 years.) Suck, I said SUCK, on any zinc gluconate pill. I started with 10 mg and they worked fine. Now all I can find are 50 mg. I cut them in half and SUCK on them --half at a time. No, they are not candy. To me they have no taste. But they disinfect the throat. About the time I learned of this, on drugstore shelves I found "Sucrets" where old stock did not have any zinc in and newer stock had zinc in them. !! 1980's.
Infection. Vit. C is the beginning. If you study your diet you will find very little and it is water soluable so you need to renew it each day. 3 grams is the minimum dose. And, NO, orange juice is POOR. If the citrus is bitter it probably has C. If it is sweet it is corrupt and no one is checking for C. Immune system needs massive amounts of vit. A. One news article said they were giving 600,000 International Units (IU). Didn't say why. POINT: You cannot do this with the common pills because they mix vit A and vit D, both oil soluable. You will get to toxic levels of D long before you get to useful levels of A. Pure A is usually from fish oil. Beta carotene is an acceptable substitute. It is NOT vit. A. Body can convert it if you are reasonably well nourished. Any colored vegetable with carrots at the head of the list. LOTS! As said often, your immunity begins in your "gut" and so probiotics are important, VERY IMPORTANT. You can over pay for the "foo-Foo" or go "old school" with things like sauer kraut, or sauer kraut juice. fermented dairy, yogurt, uncooked cheeses (no, pizza doesn't count, cheese gets too hot [****]), and real, kosher beer, the stuff you can stand your spoon up in. Germans call it "liquid bread." Lots of good "bugs" to re populate your "gut." Nam3e brands have this filtered out so you will drink more and not feel "full." Luck. Happy Traills.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 11:20 PM

Guinness?

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page